What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

LINESPEED

Juniors
I'd day there is more to this story than currently reported. It seems to me that Griffin and McInnes have clashed mainly because Griffin wants to change McInnes's style of game. McInnes will leave and Griffin will have his new hooker in place by round 1.

It is just a real shame that we let Robson go to the Cowboys; very short sighted decision in my opinion.

Cam’s sooking at the sacking of Waterboy was cringeworthy -

- and I suspect he’s sulked since.

A fearless defender for sure,
- but he sadly
lacked a captain’s gravitas,
led us nowhere
was poor motivationally,
lacked organisational skills
lacked creativity in attack.

If the story’s true, I’m backing Griff’s judgement.

Bennett brought a hardhead or two with him I recall

Go have a beer with Mary Cam.

We’re moving on & it’ll be a big year for the Mighties

Bring it on!

rasaint

Juniors
Nothing against McCullough but this doesn’t make sense to me. Already 31 and coming back from a most serious hamstring injury. He is not Cam Smith. Simply a solid player. We seem to like these longer term deals ( Hunt 6 and Lomax also 6 ). If Cam McInnes is leaving why not use Britain and a junior.

ATM it appears we just can not match anyone for $$$ to buy quality players. Is it 3rd party deals we don’t have? Other clubs like Dogs and Titans buying up big on proven quality. We are still buying 2nd tier cheapies, or hoping that a quality player who has played 17 games in 3 years will be good from herein.

Must say it’s not very inspiring.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd day there is more to this story than currently reported. It seems to me that Griffin and McInnes have clashed mainly because Griffin wants to change McInnes's style of game. McInnes will leave and Griffin will have his new hooker in place by round 1.

It is just a real shame that we let Robson go to the Cowboys; very short sighted decision in my opinion.
I dont think when we let Robson go there was any indication McInnes would want to leave. We need to fight hard to keep McInnes, people on here complain he himself is not dynamic enough which I disagree with but if they think that about Cam, McCulloch is slooooow out of dummy half.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So far Hook has made me happy with the signings etc but if he is swapping McInnes for McCulloch I would be deeply disappointed. If he goes to the Tigers I would rather buy Liddle than McCulloch. And how can the Titans afford him? they have an expense Taylor on the books, just bought Tino, Fifita amongst others.

possm

Coach
So far Hook has made me happy with the signings etc but if he is swapping McInnes for McCulloch I would be deeply disappointed. If he goes to the Tigers I would rather buy Liddle than McCulloch. And how can the Titans afford him? they have an expense Taylor on the books, just bought Tino, Fifita amongst others.
I doubt Hook is 'swapping' McInnes for McCulloch I would be surprise if McCulloch would be custing us more than 300k and not surprised if the Tigers are offering McInnes in excess of 700k.

However, despite to obvious cap saving, it is not ideal at all when a Club has it's captain and it's coach at odds. This situation is of McInnes's own making and I think it best he just moves on.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hook said from the get go that he wants players who want to play and be loyal to the club. If McMaryInnes isn't happy just let him go. He shone out with his defence for the years under Mary because he was seen doing most of the work and Mary didn't put bungers up the others to do more work.

As Linespeed said, McInnes
"lacked a captain’s gravitas,
led us nowhere
was poor motivationally,
lacked creativity in attack."

He lacked mongrel with his leadership and he hardly said boo to the other guys during the games. He did have the ability to make quick darts out of dummy half from time to time but not always. He is not a Harry Grant.

No, if Hook can see that McInnes's heart isn't with the Dragons then he will get someone who has the heart to play for us, no doubt about that.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Been thinking about this, and still haven’t changed thought. I want to keep McInnes... but we shouldn’t pay overs for him. If he wants to stay we can pay reasonable. If he doesn’t get on with the coach etc. And wants to leave for more money though, then so be it.

if he signs for others, then we should move him to lock, then only let him leave early if we get JDB back or a similar player recruited. In terms of hooker, we then decide if Hunt is a half, and if Britain is a FG hooker. Worst case we move back McInnes and recruit for 2021... best case we unearth a good hooker or our young halves get a go

in other words NO TO McCulloch

BLM01

First Grade
Cam’s sooking at the sacking of Waterboy was cringeworthy -

- and I suspect he’s sulked since.

A fearless defender for sure,
- but he sadly
lacked a captain’s gravitas,
led us nowhere
was poor motivationally,
lacked creativity in attack.

If the story’s true, I’m backing Griff’s judgement.

Bennett brought a hardhead or two with him I recall

Go have a beer with Mary Cam.

We’re moving on & it’ll be a big year for the Mighties

Bring it on!
Yes but he is lionhearted out on field for his team and I could live with 17 Cams
Hook wants him in 13 now and Hunt at 7
Simply he and his manager wanted more money and a guaranteed 9. He is being offered a 9 elsewhere on more coin than we are willing then so be it,
We will find out what unfolds but he wont leave this year
It is a no brainer and Hook needs an experienced 9 this year now until our next one is ready to step up for 80

So McMuppet's last departing wishes that we lock up Cam long term also got ignored.
No one just listens to him except we were made to for so many years
We will see what he has to say about that on FOX..but i wont be watching as dont have it.

BLM01

First Grade
Correct...we need balance in the squad...at the moment many promising juniors...we need some experience to go along with that. I trust Hook and co to make the correct decision..
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt so earrly on with his smart assistants beside him especially one from the Broncos system
That BOD wont last much past 2021 though.

qld redvee

Juniors
I doubt Hook is 'swapping' McInnes for McCulloch I would be surprise if McCulloch would be custing us more than 300k and not surprised if the Tigers are offering McInnes in excess of 700k.

However, despite to obvious cap saving, it is not ideal at all when a Club has it's captain and it's coach at odds. This situation is of McInnes's own making and I think it best he just moves on.
Poss,
I think you would be surprised at what mculloch is on for season 2021 , pretty sure i read its about 600 thou and thats why brisbane hoped newcastle took him on again . Im not keen on a 3 year deal and would want to pay around 300k to make it worthwhile

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yes but he is lionhearted out on field for his team and I could live with 17 Cams
Hook wants him in 13 now and Hunt at 7
Simply he and his manager wanted more money and a guaranteed 9. He is being offered a 9 elsewhere on more coin than we are willing then so be it,
We will find out what unfolds but he wont leave this year
It is a no brainer and Hook needs an experienced 9 this year now until our next one is ready to step up for 80

So McMuppet's last departing wishes that we lock up Cam long term also got ignored.
No one just listens to him except we were made to for so many years
We will see what he has to say about that on FOX..but i wont be watching as dont have it.

This.

Basically we need a lock. Cam the 'best' option for this position. Hunt not considered to be a 9 (and neither should he be). BB not 'seasoned' enough just a handy back-up. Hence interest in acquiring an experienced hooker asap.

I too believe he will honour his current contract and no decision until well into the season. The fact is he'll maybe have to play 13. If he has indicated he'll explore options to play 9, so be it, and it appears to be the case. However, he should have a good hard think of who it was that moved him to lock in the first place.

'Whatever's best for the team right"

merahputih

Juniors
Nothing against McCullough but this doesn’t make sense to me. Already 31 and coming back from a most serious hamstring injury. He is not Cam Smith. Simply a solid player. We seem to like these longer term deals ( Hunt 6 and Lomax also 6 ). If Cam McInnes is leaving why not use Britain and a junior.

ATM it appears we just can not match anyone for $$$ to buy quality players. Is it 3rd party deals we don’t have? Other clubs like Dogs and Titans buying up big on proven quality. We are still buying 2nd tier cheapies, or hoping that a quality player who has played 17 games in 3 years will be good from herein.

Must say it’s not very inspiring.
One of the factors must be TPA's. The Mary effect has gone and we seem to have a pretty decent coaching staff compared to the last decade and the club's administration has been infused with new blood. I saw a chart of all clubs' TPA rankings a while ago and we were in the bottom tier. This raises the old question of what exactly is the benefit of having WIN Corporation as a backer?

Coffs dragon

Bench
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt so earrly on with his smart assistants beside him especially one from the Broncos system
That BOD wont last much past 2021 though.
I respectfully disagree as Peter Gentle was part of the Broncos coaching team that left McCulloch leave in 2020 to play with the Knights. What has changed in his role & opinion now at the Dragons!

Gareth67

First Grade
Or so the planned media departure statement says. Has not worried him for some time then. How long Has he been living and playing in New South Wales now? :grin:
Sometimes it’s the 3rd party deals outside of reported salary that gets them over the line

I was referring more to the hideous virus that has its vile hands gripping the world . If he was thinking about a change of clubs , then there would be a good chance that he choose a club where his family is situated in these times .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I do find it strange that we have seen interviews from a lot of the rep stars, a few of the younger guys but have yet to hear anything from the club captain. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on the change. Who knows this coaching change could take him to the next level. McInnes played under Madge and wasn’t even a consistent starter and I believe the fact he can play lock now aided in his origin jersey.

BLM01

First Grade
I respectfully disagree as Peter Gentle was part of the Broncos coaching team that left McCulloch leave in 2020 to play with the Knights. What has changed in his role & opinion now at the Dragons!

He was on loan and a Seibold call. Difference is Gentle and Hook would know first hand his value and worth for us as both have worked with him.
How did letting mcCulloch go work out for the broncos. So much so they bought Isaac Luke of us who is worse. :)
Lot of people on here were OK with us signing an older Issac Luke last year BTW