What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
I so wish I could see the future and see how 2021 is going to unfold. Not how we fare overall as a team or a club just how not having Josh Mansour plays out for us. Many here think we will be better if without him, purely from a playing perspective. I’m just not so sure. I can’t help feeling we are going to miss him more than many believe. Time will tell.

WestyLife

First Grade
I so wish I could see the future and see how 2021 is going to unfold. Not how we fare overall as a team or a club just how not having Josh Mansour plays out for us. Many here think we will be better if without him, purely from a playing perspective. I’m just not so sure. I can’t help feeling we are going to miss him more than many believe. Time will tell.
Impossible to know unfortunately. Do injuries get us, do we miss his experience, enthusiasm, do we gain from the extra speed of stains.

Kilkenny

Coach
Impossible to know unfortunately. Do injuries get us, do we miss his experience, enthusiasm, do we gain from the extra speed of stains.
I don’t know mate I just have this gut feeling at the end of 2021 we will be having conversations about how much we missed Josh. It will only take an injury to To’o or Staines and who knows. At the end of the day he has now has a two year deal so his career has been extended and that is the most important thing, because that is something we could offer him. Happy for him. He understands.

Jane Murray

Bench
I don’t know mate I just have this gut feeling at the end of 2021 we will be having conversations about how much we missed Josh. It will only take an injury to To’o or Staines and who knows. At the end of the day he has now has a two year deal so his career has been extended and that is the most important thing, because that is something we could offer him. Happy for him. He understands.
We have survived without Mansour in the past, and moving forward, we will continue to do so.

WestyLife

First Grade
Even if he stayed and was first choice he'd have to retire eventually. I dare say the club better be able to perform post Sauce or we're in big trouble.

Jane Murray

Bench
FFS Jane can you just for one minute take a step back and give credit where credit is due.

The guy is one of our legends, why do you have to present this whole cold heartless bitch thing?
I am not a cold, and heartless, bitch. I have acknowledged his contribution to the club. I will not hero worship him. How dare I say that he is replaceable? Lol.

Kilkenny

Coach
Even if he stayed and was first choice he'd have to retire eventually. I dare say the club better be able to perform post Sauce or we're in big trouble.

I don’t get what no one seems to get.

I said a long time ago there would come a time when perhaps there may be options other than Josh in which we may need to move on.

I’ve never questioned the decision of the club (Ivan & Cameron) they made a business decision. Could have been handled better but really that means f**k all really.

From my perspective, I feel disappointed at the response of certain persons on here who have in my opinion disrespected the Josh Mansour legacy based solely on the back of a nothing interview. He deserved better.

Black Diamond

Juniors

I said a long time ago there would come a time when perhaps there may be options other than Josh in which we may need to move on.

I’ve never questioned the decision of the club (Ivan & Cameron) they made a business decision. Could have been handled better but really that means f**k all really.

From my perspective, I feel disappointed at the response of certain persons on here who have in my opinion disrespected the Josh Mansour legacy based solely on the back of a nothing interview. He deserved better.
This.
I think we all understand why the club had to go in the direction they did but agree it could have been handled better.

I also find the disrespect for a bloke who gave his heart and soul to the place so annoying and has totally pissed me off.

Jane Murray

Bench

I am one of those people, and you purposely singled me out. What most people, especially, me are saying, is pretty simple. Josh had to go so a younger player can take his place. Josh is aged 30, and Charlie is aged 20. What is the problem?

Kilkenny

Coach
This.
I think we all understand why the club had to go in the direction they did but agree it could have been handled better.

I also find the disrespect for a bloke who gave his heart and soul to the place so annoying and has totally pissed me off.

I truly hope our club learns something from the Josh Mansour situation so as the next time we have to release a club legend whether that be JFH or Isaiah Yeo, the two most likely candidates, we may deal with there exits in a more dignified manner. Because the time will come, that is the reality of the salary cap. At the end of the day if a club wants a strong culture then at the very least you need to treat club legends with respect and dignity. I’m not sure we have fulfilled that obligation with Josh.

BxTom

Bench
I am one of those people, and you purposely singled me out. What most people, especially, me are saying, is pretty simple. Josh had to go so a younger player can take his place. Josh is aged 30, and Charlie is aged 20. What is the problem?
Gee that's rocket science isn't it. Nobody is arguing that Josh is an aging player and letting him go was the right decision. Kilkenny was saying that we may regret it - a feeling that a few of us agree with largely because the likelihood of injuries. If you're going to post a reply, at least try to add something to the discussion.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Juniors
Most people on here understand and agree that the club had to make a really hard call regarding Sauce, that is not the problem. The problem is the undignified way the situation was handled by the club and the lack of respect shown to Josh by some in comments on this forum. He absolutely loved the club, the team and the fans and deserves a lot better

Kilkenny

Coach

Jane, it is about leadership. Josh Mansour embodied leadership, inspiring others to perform to their best, to perform to the best of their abilities and be an inspiration to the fans and his team mates. No team or organisation can be successful without strong leadership. I am concerned our two strongest leaders in Tamou & Mansour are no longer with us. Charlie may be faster, younger all good there but you still need leaders in the dressing room, the team environment, the culture around the club without which you have nothing.

JFH and YEO may fill the void but such a hugely popular player such as Mansour is going to be hard to replace and his influence is not just going to be felt on the playing field. So it really isn’t that simple as you choose to suggest time and time again.

Jane Murray

Bench
Gee that's rocket science isn't it. Nobody is arguing that Josh is an aging player and letting him go was the right decision. Kilkenny was saying that we may regret it - a feeling that a few of us agree with largely because the likelihood of injuries. If you're going to post a reply, at least t to add something to the discussion.

Most people on here understand and agree that the club had to make a really hard call regarding Sauce, that is not the problem. The problem is the undignified way the situation was handled by the club and the lack of respect shown to Josh by some in comments on this forum. He absolutely loved the club, the team and the fans and deserves a lot better

Jane, it is about leadership. Josh Mansour embodied leadership, inspiring others to perform to their best, to perform to the best of their abilities and be an inspiration to the fans and his team mates. No team or organisation can be successful without strong leadership. I am concerned our two strongest leaders in Tamou & Mansour are no longer with us. Charlie may be faster, younger all good there but you still need leaders in the dressing room, the team environment, the culture around the club without which you have nothing.

JFH and YEO may fill the void but such a hugely popular player such as Mansour is going to be hard to replace and his influence is not just going to be felt on the playing field. So it really isn’t that simple as you choose to suggest time and time again.

Here we go, again. This topic is getting tedious, so this is the last thing I will say. We have leaders in our team, e.g. Yeo, Fisher-Harris, and Cleary, who are younger, and who have played 100+ games each. I do agree that he should have been told earlier, however, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? On that note, enjoy the rest of your night.

Last edited:
Just to change the topic a bit, I think Madge has the best of his spies out at Penrith as he took us smug lite off to army training camp just before the break.

This was ( accidentally) revealed in an interview with Doogie recently, but you won’t find anything about it on the official WT website.

He referenced Big Jim as the bloke who is picking up extra tyres etc for the slower and weaker players. I remember he did the same thing last year with you guys.

Another observation from our 5/8 was that Farah is putting in 300% more effort into rake training than he’s supposed to be doing. So obviously a big push on to tune the pack.

As I revealed to home forum recently, we simply haven’t had a proper off season.

Smug lite is underway.

It must be hard for Mbye at the moment to watch his sun setting. He’s a nice guy in real life.

Ps:I’m still waiting for @murraymob to return my call. He gets on LU and thinks he’s worth 1st grade gear steward money. Marquee with the clean speedos.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
I feel Staines changes our side in a good way. If we went into 2021 just doing what worked last year I feel we'd come up short. We are going to be targeted and have so much video done on us

I’ll be interested to see what clubs come up with against us. Sides will aim up against us for sure, but there’s only so much you can achieve in a video room against relentless defensive pressure and impeccable kicking games both sides of the ruck.