What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lamar Jackson has shown nothing to suggest he is an Alice QB, imo.

When the game is on the line, he hasn't put together a game-winning drive.

A few months ago, the Ravens were down by 4, and his first three plays after the kick-off were:

* hand off to his RB, who made 2 yards (when they needed 70)

* check down

* lateral shovel pass on the 4th, for a loss.

The Bills' Josh Allen is twice the player, tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lamar Jackson has shown nothing to suggest he is an Alice QB, imo.

When the game is on the line, he hasn't put together a game-winning drive.

A few months ago, the Ravens were down by 4, and his first three plays after the kick-off were:

* hand off to his RB, who made 2 yards (when they needed 70)

* check down

* lateral shovel pass on the 4th, for a loss.

The Bills' Josh Allen is twice the player, tbh.

Lamar would be nothing without his run game. I feel he is the type who will be good for 4 or 5 seasons then be flushed out of the system. But capable of a superbowl in that time.
The little I saw of Hurts was the ability on those pressure drives to step up. But also very raw.
Carson Wentz never made game winning drives and why I was always worried with his game.
Dak Presscot is a great example of a young QB who comes up with the big plays when needed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lamar would be nothing without his run game. I feel he is the type who will be good for 4 or 5 seasons then be flushed out of the system. But capable of a superbowl in that time.
The little I saw of Hurts was the ability on those pressure drives to step up. But also very raw.
Carson Wentz never made game winning drives and why I was always worried with his game.
Dak Presscot is a great example of a young QB who comes up with the big plays when needed.

Completely agree with everything you said.

I've never rated Derek Carr, but he has shown he can step up, and lead us on game-winning drives - it's a crying shame our defence is so bad.

I would have the top tier of QB's as (in no order) Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and maybe even Brees and/or Brady.

Then in the next level, you have guys pike Watson, Prescott, Carr, Allen, etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good to have Lazzard back, thought he was gone for the season, how easy does he make this look ?

shit defense tho

Pazza

First Grade

Hurts had the opportunity vs the cowboys to lead the eagles to maybe winning the NFC east and he threw 2 INTs and had two fumbles in the second half of that game on route to losing the game.

The Wentz game winning drive narrative is a long and well talked about issue in philly sport media, mostly pushed by Elliot shore parks. All ill say is that i remember quite vividly two games early 2019 where wentz had rallied the team in tight games for game winning TD drives and in both games Aghalor (vs falcons) and Whiteside (vs lions) where both receivers dropped extremely catchable TD passes. Also the way Jim Schwartz ran defence leaving his corners on islands in single high coverage just made it impossible in shootouts to win these games. Also Roseman cant draft a receiver to save his life and so on and so on. The issues with the eagles organisation are plentiful unfortunately.

Dak is a good young QB but he has been very fortunate to have Zeke with him in the back field.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hurts had the opportunity vs the cowboys to lead the eagles to maybe winning the NFC east and he threw 2 INTs and had two fumbles in the second half of that game on route to losing the game.

The Wentz game winning drive narrative is a long and well talked about issue in philly sport media, mostly pushed by Elliot shore parks. All ill say is that i remember quite vividly two games early 2019 where wentz had rallied the team in tight games for game winning TD drives and in both games Aghalor (vs falcons) and Whiteside (vs lions) where both receivers dropped extremely catchable TD passes. Also the way Jim Schwartz ran defence leaving his corners on islands in single high coverage just made it impossible in shootouts to win these games. Also Roseman cant draft a receiver to save his life and so on and so on. The issues with the eagles organisation are plentiful unfortunately.

Dak is a good young QB but he has been very fortunate to have Zeke with him in the back field.

Sure but Hurts has had maybe 4 or 5 games.
I like Wentz but he was woefull this season. He has gone backwards and it could be due to opposition working him out after his first 2 seasons. It happens and why so many rookies look great for 2 seasons and then fade.
As far as Zeke goes he was awesome his first season but since has not been anywhere near the best RB in the game.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well f**k me, last week it was all Allen, this week it was all our d. What an amazing effort to crush the souls of the ravens offense, just astonishing. All week it was said it couldn’t be done. Allen was up against the best secondary in the nfl and didn’t play his best. That’s ok. It happens, but what a night to be a bills fan. Reminds me of sitting in my lounge room as a 14 year watching Jim Kelly and co play the dolphins in the play offs. Been such a long time. It’s amazing how owners f**k up franchises, our franchise was a mess until Ralph died, and now we are setting benchmarks with our front office.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ok first things first troll jets messagdboard and say Darnold is still better than Josh Allen. They love that one.

dolphins - say tia will be better and Allen is inaccurate and only 54% in college.
Ravens - say would you trade Lamar to jets for a second rd pick

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I swear how could you not turn gay for Josh Allen, f**k I will even turn gay for digs, f**k that go gay for whole team. I’ll f**king gangbang the lot.
I swear if bills win next week I would be worried if an aeroplane happens to fly over my house as they to win - they will be hit with a white gamma ray

hindy111

Post Whore
Back to the afc!! We need the bills to do this shit again

We will have one young QB come up against one old great in the superbowl.

As much as you feel your side is stronger I would lean the other way. I feel Packers,Tampa or Saints would be my 3 faves after Kansas. Id just pick any of those QBs to come up with enough.

Latest posts