What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Rhyno

First Grade
Who is Laurie and why is everyone yanking their little noodles over him?
He is a nobody I’ve watched him for years he will be a average player he is nothing special I can’t believe the hype tiger fans are giving him

Cini is the better player

David Tatare

Juniors
Happy for Cini to return home to Penrith. Signing with the Tigers and no reserves last year hasn’t helped him, other guys who played in the same Australian Scholboys team have gone and the Tigers stuck with the likes of Mybe, Chee Kam & Jennings rather than give a youngster a go. Ok I know about development guys but gee.
Madge only gives those kids one chance If that, and if they aren't dyno mite first game its over barring injury . If it wasn't for injury Jennings would still be on the wing and Talau would be lucky to be on the bench.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
He is a nobody I’ve watched him for years he will be a average player he is nothing special I can’t believe the hype tiger fans are giving him

Cini is the better player
. . . years ago rhyno, I coached a young soccer team. We were playing in our first ever semi final, and after a great tough game, we ended up winning in extra time. There was a kid from the other team crying his eyes out. He was with his grandmother who said to him " don't worry, XXX team will beat them next week".
I remember thinking to myself what a miserable, jealous, crusty, dried up old merkin she was.
That was you at North Rocks that day, wasn't it rhyno ?
In a grandma dress.

Wizardman

First Grade
Rhyno is a bit of a kumquat but he has a bit of a point about Laurie which is why he pissed a few off here. I haven't seen anything remarkable from the young fellow. I think we do need to hold back some expectations here. Hope he develops into the payer we want him to be...will take time though.

Rhyno is a bit of a kumquat but he has a bit of a point about Laurie which is why he pissed a few off here. I haven't seen anything remarkable from the young fellow. I think we do need to hold back some expectations here. Hope he develops into the payer we want him to be...will take time though.
Perhaps we should wait for him to actually arrive first?

Wizardman

First Grade
Perhaps we should wait for him to actually arrive first?
Im not calling him the next Tedesco or the next Shannon McDonnell. I have no big expectations of him but Im obviously keen for him to do well. Losing Cini is not insignificant either.....both guys have ability but are better fits for the clubs they are going to....if it happens early.

Im not calling him the next Tedesco or the next Shannon McDonnell. I have no big expectations of him but Im obviously keen for him to do well. Losing Cini is not insignificant either.....both guys have ability but are better fits for the clubs they are going to....if it happens early.
I meant he hasn’t even been released from Penrith yet.

Wizardman

First Grade
I’m not. I don’t rate him at all. He constantly got put in 2 on 1 situations through Cody Walkers hot streak and people were losing their minds over him. Any NSW Cup level fullback would have looked a star in that situation. Watch him this year at the Dogs, he’s a dud signing.
Agree 100%. One of those players that looks better than he is by the system he is in.

The Rosco

Bench
It's always difficult to rate these kids coming through, especially when we have to base our opinion on a highlight reel on youtube.
The pessimists will say that the defence in NYC is pathetic and there is no way in hell the prospect will have it so easy in NRL.
The optimist will say that this level is all we have to judge the kid by . . . if he is in the top 5% at this level, then maybe he has the building blocks to be a success at NRL.
And then the wannabes like rhyno will tell us point blank who is a gun and who is a dud.

Rhyno

First Grade
It's always difficult to rate these kids coming through, especially when we have to base our opinion on a highlight reel on youtube.
The pessimists will say that the defence in NYC is pathetic and there is no way in hell the prospect will have it so easy in NRL.
The optimist will say that this level is all we have to judge the kid by . . . if he is in the top 5% at this level, then maybe he has the building blocks to be a success at NRL.
And then the wannabes like rhyno will tell us point blank who is a gun and who is a dud.
Experts like Rhyno know what they talking about.
I went to school with Hayne, Inu and Folau and was considered the best of the lot before injuries and than giving away footy and getting into the family business that pays a lot more than nrl salaries

Tigerm

First Grade
Did anyone see the Zero Tackle Top 10 Halfbacks list. Our Dally M half back of the year didn’t make the list. He must have come 11th.
I think they got it right for him, I reckon he has gone backwards (can’t keep blaming everyone else) and if he doesn’t turn it around this season, he will probably be shopped at the end of the year.

Latest posts