What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I so wish I could see the future and see how 2021 is going to unfold. Not how we fare overall as a team or a club just how not having Josh Mansour plays out for us. Many here think we will be better if without him, purely from a playing perspective. I’m just not so sure. I can’t help feeling we are going to miss him more than many believe. Time will tell.
I’d rather know the lotto numbers!

Vicpanther

Juniors
I so wish I could see the future and see how 2021 is going to unfold. Not how we fare overall as a team or a club just how not having Josh Mansour plays out for us. Many here think we will be better if without him, purely from a playing perspective. I’m just not so sure. I can’t help feeling we are going to miss him more than many believe. Time will tell.
100% agree. I think we will definitely miss his meter's of the line.

hindy111

Post Whore
Edwards is a sold player. He is good enough to start at fullback.
I think returning the footy he is one of the best cause he always best the first tackle. Similar to Boyd at his peak. He won't return the ball like Papenhuazen or Teddy. In a way consistently better as they can be ragdolled. But they can make a break and a long run.

It's closer to the line or in attacking plays where Dylan falls behind. His cut out pass is terrible. And lacks that explosive speed. He is strong but isn't going to shred like RTS,PAP,TEDDY,Ponga due to speed.
And unlike THE King or Ponga or Turbo he doesn't have the passing game to have defenders hold off which puts them in two minds amd creates space.

I would move on from Dylan if a better option was available but untill then be happy with him. He would make a good centre or winger.

I still think the side needs to get Too floating in the middle from time to time once forwards are tired late in the halves. The kids a wrecking ball. One on one with a retreating defense he is making 20-30mtrs. I feel your best attacking weapon who needs to be utilized as many ways as possible.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Mansour he did make meters but unlike Too where it was all fast, Josh it was slow. Hit the defense and push forward a little followed by a slow wrestle to the ground and play the ball. A guy making 2 meters less but saves 2 seconds between time picks up ball and plays it is a greater advantage.
The defense is still trying to set. It's all about getting through plays as fast as you can.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ll be interested to see what clubs come up with against us. Sides will aim up against us for sure, but there’s only so much you can achieve in a video room against relentless defensive pressure and impeccable kicking games both sides of the ruck.

Teams that don't evolve after a good year get left behind. We will quickly become the Cows of 2017 if we just things as they were

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t get what no one seems to get.

I said a long time ago there would come a time when perhaps there may be options other than Josh in which we may need to move on.

I’ve never questioned the decision of the club (Ivan & Cameron) they made a business decision. Could have been handled better but really that means f**k all really.

From my perspective, I feel disappointed at the response of certain persons on here who have in my opinion disrespected the Josh Mansour legacy based solely on the back of a nothing interview. He deserved better.
This.
I think we all understand why the club had to go in the direction they did but agree it could have been handled better.

I also find the disrespect for a bloke who gave his heart and soul to the place so annoying and has totally pissed me off.
I think I've shown enough respect to the man to just have normal roster discussions. If whoever you're talking about is doing something else that's not my problem.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Mute point now but there were silly rumours, well maybe not silly, just sounds dumb, but Jed Cartwright was reputedly as quick as anyone over 40 metres at the club. You wouldn’t think so but I’m sure it was from an official source at the time.

The two quickest players I have ever seen over the first 40 were Rhys in his heyday and Amos Roberts. They were both lightening quick. Special to watch.

I remember making a similar post many years ago and someone pointed out the quickest player ever at our club whilst records were recorded was Alan McIndoe.

Whoever it was suggested he was quick enough in his hey day to win the professional stallwell gift. He only played for us for a season or two and if I recall his best days were with Illawarra Steelers before they merged with the Dragons.

What about Dave Irvine I think at one point he was the world professional sprint champion.

The_Frog

First Grade
I remember making a similar post many years ago and someone pointed out the quickest player ever at our club whilst records were recorded was Alan McIndoe.
Named in all time teams for two clubs. Can't be many who can match that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Teams that don't evolve after a good year get left behind. We will quickly become the Cows of 2017 if we just things as they were

The Eels of 2002 is a great comparison. This boom young side who many thought would get better.... Or the 2005 Cowboys. Both those sides should of won the comp but failed. Then the wheels fell off.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Eels of 2002 is a great comparison. This boom young side who many thought would get better.... Or the 2005 Cowboys. Both those sides should of won the comp but failed. Then the wheels fell off.

Plenty of one season wonders in the comp. The key is to evolve to not be one. Guys like Luai will have natural development but adding things like more speed will help

hindy111

Post Whore
Plenty of one season wonders in the comp. The key is to evolve to not be one. Guys like Luai will have natural development but adding things like more speed will help

I reckon these days rising to top is a slower progress then 10yrs ago. It is a gradual thing and it makes the decline generaly slower.

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon these days rising to top is a slower progress then 10yrs ago. It is a gradual thing and it makes the decline generaly slower.

I don't see much change in the 8 this year. Maybe GC in for Sharks

Though then brings the question after last year. What is a pass mark for us? Should be think PF atleast as a minimum

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't see much change in the 8 this year. Maybe GC in for Sharks

Though then brings the question after last year. What is a pass mark for us? Should be think PF atleast as a minimum

Depends on injuries.

I do like Manly this season. Unsure why. The forward packs terrible.

Latest posts