What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

possm

Coach
The purging of the McGregor stench won’t be complete until all his bogordinary reckless signings & appointments are committed to the trashbin of history, on this, our centenary year

Along with the mindnumbing dumbing down ...

I hope his office was ‘deepcleaned’ as they say.

Still we have the Hunt/Norman cap fiasco,
- but the park footy team of recruits is largely gone, or being marginalised by our juniors

A work in progress for sure

- as the ‘shedding’ continues.

A job well done Webby
The stench will remain while ever Millward is still employed at the Club. He was employed for political reasons and is just as much responsible for the recruitment MESS we now find ourselves in.

Norman and Hunt need to be gone and Millward needs to be sacked before the stench is eliminated.

denis preston

First Grade
The stench will remain while ever Millward is still employed at the Club. He was employed for political reasons and is just as much responsible for the recruitment MESS we now find ourselves in.

Norman and Hunt need to be gone and Millward needs to be sacked before the stench is eliminated.

You may be right or wrong here Possm but i would really like to know the processes for signing & resigning players under his watch. Were most by him only or was his hands tied by the Coaches & the Board ? We have made some very good signings for the junior sides & retained just about all of these juniors we think can make it , so credit to him ? Or were the flog signings such as Maranta, Neilsen, Farrell,Merrin, Crone,Norman & perhaps even Hunt done exclusively by him or others.
I suspect others.
I dont know if Millward has a real talent for his roles but yes the he stench of nepotism still wafts around the club whilst he is here. I , Suspect , out of respect , they are waiting for his dad to pass before letting him go( mind you he may be demosted more to the gear attendant until that happens ! ) .

possm

Coach
You may be right or wrong here Possm but i would really like to know the processes for signing & resigning players under his watch. Were most by him only or was his hands tied by the Coaches & the Board ? We have made some very good signings for the junior sides & retained just about all of these juniors we think can make it , so credit to him ? Or were the flog signings such as Maranta, Neilsen, Farrell,Merrin, Crone,Norman & perhaps even Hunt done exclusively by him or others.
I suspect others.
I dont know if Millward has a real talent for his roles but yes the he stench of nepotism still wafts around the club whilst he is here. I , Suspect , out of respect , they are waiting for his dad to pass before letting him go( mind you he may be demosted more to the gear attendant until that happens ! ) .
I wasn't aware that Bob Millward is ill or on his death bed. If this is the case then I will lay off the Millward Mess thing. Maybe they are just waiting for his contract to end. Whichever the case, I think that I have made known my feelings and will now give it a rest.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I suspect others.

I suggest Denis there were McGregor signings and there were Millward signings (particularly youngsters).
Millward remains probably due to the fact he's the only one who knows our true salary cap situation and maybe the tangled web around it.
The fact his 'fancy' title hae been removed and he's basically been demoted to a 'clerical' position says alot to where he sits under the new coaching regime.
Time will tell if he rrmains for any further length of time after 2021.

giboz71

First Grade
I doubt he is interested. Check out his social media, he's very active. He enjoys his life and is all about his mates and YKTR brand. He very rarely posts anything about NRL.
He'll retire shortly I reckon. He's done very well out of a few good games of football.

I've had a look at his YKTR stuff too. Doesn't seem to be a committed footballer, just keen to enjoy himself. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but when you're an 800k footballer on a very ordinary team, you'd think you'd show the fans a commitment to footy. Just doesn't seem to phase him.

Each to their own I suppose, just wish he was playing for another team and stinking it up there.

George Sancti

Juniors
Hasn't got it in him. An absolute myth who will leave the game after making four million but lucky to deserve one. Good luck to him i suppose.

It is interesting that you consider the Corey Norman story to be a myth Denis. I have just looked at this career summary and although he has been around for a long time, he was never the dominant player at the Broncos, Eels or Saints. At both former clubs he was superseded by good but not great players in Scott Prince and Clint Gutherson. I believe you are right, and his reputation as an elite footballer is a creation of the media who enjoy commenting on his off field antics.

ALSGI

Bench

TruSaint

Referee
Chanel 9 news just named Norman being investigated for the brawl.

Pretty sure he was just walking his dog past these thugs and it was purely self defence..........

Disrepute already comes to mind.....f**kc him off asap.

So he has been named ?

epDragon62

First Grade
Don't want to judge him without the facts and certainly would prefer he is proven to be innocent of causing the fight... but if he is found to be a perpetrator then we can't have people like that at the Dragons...

TBH your mind doesn't go to Norman when you think fighter... he is so laid back

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Just remember when Mary was charged with DUI, the club just gave him a slap on the wrist when they really should have sent him packing.