What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

Bazal

Post Whore
Don’t mind him taking his time here tbh

Yeah given the ability he's shown to accelerate I'm pretty happy for him to get in and then go berserk when needed.

Especially given our overall scoring rate is still pretty good and we need to consolidate a bit after the quick wickets

So who comes in for Wade?

Candidates

Head - personally I don’t like going back to him so quickly. His record is solid at test level, but it’s skewed heavily by the Sri Lankan series

Patterson - My preference. Been one of the most consistent performers in shield for past 5 years. Form a little down this year, but only 4 matches.

Henriques - Been in good form. Definite upgrade over Wade, but already quite old

Long shots

Move Green to no.5 and maybe bring in McDermott or Maxwell to play the counter attack role at no.6?

Bazal

Post Whore

Candidates

Head - personally I don’t like going back to him so quickly. His record is solid at test level, but it’s skewed heavily by the Sri Lankan series

Patterson - My preference. Been one of the most consistent performers in shield for past 5 years. Form a little down this year, but only 4 matches.

Henriques - Been in good form. Definite upgrade over Wade, but already quite old

Long shots

Move Green to no.5 and maybe bring in McDermott or Maxwell to play the counter attack role at no.6?

Patterson has been garbage for about three years. Big fan, bigger no from me.

It's Head for mine at this stage unless we wanted to find an opener and play Puck in the middle.

Fangs

Coach

Candidates

Long shots

Maxwell still hasn't been given a home test unlike the others listed. He is the most talented of the guys mentioned to play 6. Will do plenty in the field, I don't rate his bowling anymore but still offers something in that department.

I think he has missed a shot. 32 years of age. Would have liked to have seen him given a longer/more consistent run at test level.

We just don't have batsman screaming out to be picked at test level. If we were taking a punt it would be a guy like Patterson I guess.

TIGER14

Bench

Candidates

Long shots

I was saying to a mate yesterday that McDermott could be a good smokey.

Patterson has been garbage for about three years. Big fan, bigger no from me.

It's Head for mine at this stage unless we wanted to find an opener and play Puck in the middle.

Patterson had his best season ever two summers ago. Scored a truckload of runs.

Head I can’t get behind, plays stupid shots and causes middle order collapses.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Head I can’t get behind, plays stupid shots and causes middle order collapses.

its a bit hard not to if you bat in the middle order

I tend to agree though, he just cant leave the ball alone outside off stump, its his scoring zone but he also gets out cutting quiet a lot