What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Maddragon99

Juniors
This post still doesn’t explain your prior one.
I don’t need to justify myself to anyone. Dufty probably has 6wks to prove himself which I think is a very fair comment. My view of what happens after that happens to be different to yours.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don’t need to justify myself to anyone. Dufty probably has 6wks to prove himself which I think is a very fair comment. My view of what happens after that happens to be different to yours.
This post still doesn’t explain the previous post.

Maddragon99

Juniors
You’re welcome mcmullett!
As much fun as this has been, let’s be serious for a moment.

Hunt is contracted to end ‘23. Fact.

We’re all hopeful Hunt can can play well at halfback in ‘21

But at 32 or 33yrs old it will impossible to hold back back Sullivan & Amone in ‘22 & ‘23

By signing McCulloch it saves a lot of money compared to McInnes & gives us coverage between Hunt & McCulloch at 9 until end ‘23.

That gives us 3yrs to either find a gun junior & recruit a gun from elsewhere to take over 9 from ‘24 onwards.

I’m a McInnes fan but I just can’t see how he fits.

You have to admit, that’s an improvement

Muz isn’t the worst of lu, but he needs the odd annoyance to keep him real.

Hunt should be on $650, not the $1m, having said that, he’s had Mary and substandard players to deal with.

Cam got permission to talk to other clubs to test the market, so we put on the whore for him and lied as much as we could to get him interested.

I’ve talked him up on the tigers forum and most people have no idea as to his general excellence. But he can only slide. That’s where we come him to pay silly overs. Well we used to anyway.

Otherwise you should be on the phone to Hook. But I’m not sure Bird is the answer. Coax Darius out of retirement.

BLM01

First Grade

Hunt should be on $650, not the $1m, having said that, he’s had Mary and substandard players to deal with.

Cam got permission to talk to other clubs to test the market, so we put on the whore for him and lied as much as we could to get him interested.

I’ve talked him up on the tigers forum and most people have no idea as to his general excellence. But he can only slide. That’s where we come him to pay silly overs. Well we used to anyway.

Otherwise you should be on the phone to Hook.
But the phone is off the hook!

Maddragon99

Juniors

Otherwise you should be on the phone to Hook.
How much is Clune on? Not much more than minimum wage & he’s the best halfback at our club. Enough said

But the phone is off the hook!
Lol.

The players have gone from a Jack in the box laughing clown Mary to the deep and much quieter shadowy darkness of Hook.

Duffy was really into Mary-speak at the press conference.

“ I wanna be the player the other players want to play footy with”

He’s very unwell, ie destined for an nrl board position one day.

I looked at duff and Mary and looked at them again and I couldn’t tell the difference.

How much is Clune on? Not much more than minimum wage & he’s the best halfback at our club. Enough said

Yeah he goes ok. Probably minimum wage and the free bus pass to the sharks new home ground. Same as twisty before he was probably wrongfully arrested ( Muz will be back in two seconds now).

BLM01

First Grade
Lol.

The players have gone from a Jack in the box laughing clown Mary to the deep and much quieter shadowy darkness of Hook.

I looked at duff and Mary and looked at them again and I couldn’t tell the difference.
Yeh right. he also spoke how refreshing, straight up and down talk, no BS and giving him more responsibility that the new regime offer.

Yeh right. he also spoke how refreshing, straight up and down talk, no BS and giving him more responsibility that the new regime offer.

I haven’t seen the new duff. I only saw the old Mary one.

It’s going to take me a few years to adjust to sgi being a force again. It’s still early days and there’s a lot to get through. Duff was coming good last year.
But everyone is needed front and centre. Just like us. Not enough marquee to play factory. Matty Elliot is an interesting choice. All fascinating. Gone from a single set of footprints to a relay. Strong men with strong views.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Lol.

I looked at duff and Mary and looked at them again and I couldn’t tell the the difference.
the simple undeniable fact is that we finished 15th & 12th the past two years. Players like JP, Merrin, Dufty, Williame & McInnes are all off contract. These players are rightly or wrongly associated with the sub par results. I doubt if any of the off contract players will be retained. Hook wants his own men not McGuber’s throwbacks.