What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

cooko

Juniors
Surely Castore won't change the Roosters home jersey design although I'm thinking there may be some differences in how the V works over the shoulders.

ISC used a raglan cut where as Castore have gone with a tshirt sleeve style.

We've been lucky the last few years but perhaps the delay in its release is because the club didn't like what they saw.

The training gear looks ok, very plain but ok.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Assuming that it's done well, the Roosters freshing things up by releasing a new jersey design would be a good thing for their brand.

Having a second popular jersey design would give their brand flexibility that they don't currently have, and allow them to switch between the two to boost sales when the other is getting stale. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that stuff.

sempmrh

Juniors
The only change I think I would make to the Roosters jersey is to remove the striping on the sleeve. Keep the red sleeve cuff and maybe add a white stripe above that - similar to the sleeves on their white jersey.

The Marshall

Juniors
A well integrated sponsor can really finish off a jersey IMO. You just have to look at the Dogs in 2020 before Laundys came on board to see how bad they can look without a sponsor.

sempmrh

Juniors
I received my 2021 Storm jersey today. Other than the underwhelming design I’m quite happy with it - it’s probably one of the best made jerseys I’ve seen. The fabric is very lightweight compared to other brands and it looks visually similar to what ISC uses for their player issue jerseys (only less shimmery). The collar is identical to ISC’s only with an overlap - which I suspect will get torn during a game. Hopefully there’s a decent away or heritage jersey - I’d happily wear this jersey with a better design.

The sizing is different compared to ISC and you will need to go a size up.

gzerounian

Juniors
I hope i'm wrong with this because it looks awful but I used the storm jersey to predict the roosters jersey by looking at the steepness of the V and the where the materials are joined.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.26.02 PM.png

hellteam

First Grade
After the Storm jersey release I have a feeling that mock up of the Roosters jersey will be much better than the real thing........

looseforward

Juniors
I hope i'm wrong with this because it looks awful but I used the storm jersey to predict the roosters jersey by looking at the steepness of the V and the where the materials are joined.

View attachment 45306

If they crank out anything along these lines I could see another Kappa scenario happening.

(Kappa were the Roosters kit manufacturer in 2002 but were ditched before the start of the season when they embroidered the Telstra Premiership logo with too much orange. IIRC there was also an issue re Kappa’a finances but anyway...)

sempmrh

Juniors
I received my 2021 Storm jersey today. Other than the underwhelming design I’m quite happy with it - it’s probably one of the best made jerseys I’ve seen. The fabric is very lightweight compared to other brands and it looks visually similar to what ISC uses for their player issue jerseys (only less shimmery). The collar is identical to ISC’s only with an overlap - which I suspect will get torn during a game. Hopefully there’s a decent away or heritage jersey - I’d happily wear this jersey with a better design.

The sizing is different compared to ISC and you will need to go a size up.
Never mind. I finally tried it on and the fit is pretty bad. The size of the opening for the collar is far too big so it doesn't sit well and the sleeves are far too loose and baggy. Technically it fits but it just doesn't look right. It's a no from me.

MugaB

Coach
Never mind. I finally tried it on and the fit is pretty bad. The size of the opening for the collar is far too big so it doesn't sit well and the sleeves are far too loose and baggy. Technically it fits but it just doesn't look right. It's a no from me.
They seem to going for the soccer jersey look, which works for European soccer as its a non contact sport but this thin material wont last in league, a few ripped jerseys and the club will get the shits, also imagine all the ragg dolling penrith will do to both these clubs, can't wait for 2021

sempmrh

Juniors
They seem to going for the soccer jersey look, which works for European soccer as its a non contact sport but this thin material wont last in league, a few ripped jerseys and the club will get the shits, also imagine all the ragg dolling penrith will do to both these clubs, can't wait for 2021
I guarantee you this Castore collar will rip. There’s only one bar tack stitch holding it together at the front.

7BE8C52B-E498-44B6-9A80-D8FB7A28A1BA.jpeg

I’m not sure why this image has uploaded sideways. Just turn your head, I guess.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A well integrated sponsor can really finish off a jersey IMO. You just have to look at the Dogs in 2020 before Laundys came on board to see how bad they can look without a sponsor.
To be fair, the idiots at Classic designed it (and the idiots at the 'Dogs approved it) with the cut-off vees. They've corrected that mistake this year.

Not saying it would've looked superb but it would've been a damn sight better with a completed set.