What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Canberra semi final.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I’ve never seen this game in full. I got a box set for Christmas so thought I’d throw it in and have it on now.

I’m up to the 13th minute, Wade is off already and we had a try disallowed to Chad after a 50/50 call against us.

The commentary is so biased towards the home town it’s sickening. It’s nice knowing how this ends.

I forgot how annoying Leilua and Rapana are.

Did anyone here go to the ACT for this?

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I looked for Chad after the game... found him looking dejected. Gotta celebrate when ya club wins mate, it’s not all about you. Those boys won you a GF in Canberra that night.

Hey goblin

I live in the act
Have done my whole life

This was (until the gf) the greatest game ive ever been to.
The intensity, the fightback...the fact we nearly went down 16....then matty prior.

to slowly claw it back and win
..infront of all those dickheads...
greatest night. I went berserk in the sharks bay. Atmosphere was electric.

later i got in 4 seperate verbal abuse stoushes / almost fights post game in the bus line and on the bus to civic.
One of the great nights. Would recommend

Tiger Shark

Bench
I looked for Chad after the game... found him looking dejected. Gotta celebrate when ya club wins mate, it’s not all about you. Those boys won you a GF in Canberra that night.

He still goes on about it being a defining moment him being dropped and how he told Flanno that won’t ever happen again. Even spoke to his manager about it like a child throwing out his toys.

ghoti

Bench
Had to watch this at 3am living in Canada on the world's grainiest stream trying not to wake up my roommate...drinking like a maniac to calm my nerves. Had never showed up to work so pissed (until we beat the Cows the game after haha). Almost got fired and thus deported when I told my boss I was flying to Sydney for the grand final with two day's notice!

Had to watch this at 3am living in Canada on the world's grainiest stream trying not to wake up my roommate...drinking like a maniac to calm my nerves. Had never showed up to work so pissed (until we beat the Cows the game after haha). Almost got fired and thus deported when I told my boss I was flying to Sydney for the grand final with two day's notice!

huge big dick energy from you there.
outstanding

shadowboxer

First Grade
Been and watched plenty of games over the years, a lot in my memory bank for a variety of reasons, but this game is up there as one of the greatest.
I think I’ve watched the replay more than the GF win.
The crowd thought they had it in the bag, signs on overhead bridges bagging the sharks, Canberra off to a flyer, Prior snaps back, the slowly turning tide of the game, the ennis clap.... imagine that large let’s say robust couple all decked out in green milk gear giving it to ennis... one if not close to the better days as a sharks supporter...as the ride only got better over the next few weeks.
Said it before, doesn’t get any better than that and semi sharks retirement is great

snout

First Grade
Welcome back whoever you are. BTW I think snout had a post about this somewhere, watching it on fox. Eddy saved us with shit hands. Doesn't take any away from the mammoth effort by most of us.

Won us a comp.
Yeah Cools was on Fox this week. Im not one for watching all the reruns they're now airing but l was surfing and it was on and thought gawd...l have never seen this a 2nd time.

Matty P gets all the deserved raps but anyone who doubts the toughness and will to to get the job done from Jack Bird watch that game.
I know Will Chambers is a believer.

If that was us and we had the lead, the crowd and the field position and lost that game - l wouldve deadset retired from following the sport.

We lost Gal and Wade. But we hung tuff.
They lost Hodgson and opened their legs.
We then lost Chad - game over.

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
Been and watched plenty of games over the years, a lot in my memory bank for a variety of reasons, but this game is up there as one of the greatest.
I think I’ve watched the replay more than the GF win.
The crowd thought they had it in the bag, signs on overhead bridges bagging the sharks, Canberra off to a flyer, Prior snaps back, the slowly turning tide of the game, the ennis clap.... imagine that large let’s say robust couple all decked out in green milk gear giving it to ennis... one if not close to the better days as a sharks supporter...as the ride only got better over the next few weeks.
Said it before, doesn’t get any better than that and semi sharks retirement is great
I've only watched the GF the once.
I bought the DVD but have never watched.
I've seen the last minute dozen times tho.

Last edited:

SharkShocked

Bench
I've only the GF once.
I bought the DVD but have never watched.
I've seen the last minute dozen times tho.

It probably took years off most sharks fans lives. But after 50 f**kn years. Would you really have it any other way? The way it finished just cemented it forever in your memory.

Every second of that last play I reckon I’ve looked at many times. And you notice so many small things that happened that made the difference to them surviving the play.

Will never forget.

Quigs

Immortal
It probably took years off most sharks fans lives. But after 50 f**kn years. Would you really have it any other way? The way it finished just cemented it forever in your memory.

Every second of that last play I reckon I’ve looked at many times. And you notice so many small things that happened that made the difference to them surviving the play.

Will never forget.

Dementia awaits some of us SharkShocked. But I for one hope I never forget it.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors

Will never forget.

jimmy maloneys attempted tackle of vunivalu near the sideline... that’s something I see everytime.

Latest posts