What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

I thought India played well. Reserve grade ?

Yeh, there's nothing reserve grade about their batting. The players called in would make basically every other test team in the world.

We just haven't batted consistenly well for a few seasons.

We also completely missed a trick batting first in the Boxing Day test.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Their depth is very strong where as ours is non existent.

We lose an opening batsman and were in the shit,

Starc played pretty poor but who can replace him ?

Lyon was average but who's knocking the door down ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
PAttinson, Jhye Richardson, Riley Meredith (if you have an all rounder like Green in the team), Neser in Englis or SA conditions.

all right handers which gives us 3 right arm quicks, worked with Pidge, Dizzy and Binga I guess

Patto is very good and an ideal replacement for an injured Haze or Paddy

Riley Merideth ? who are you Shane Warne ?

Nesser we tried and he was very average

Richardson, needs the ball to swing or he will be blunted. We couldn't get the ball to swing this summer, conventional or reverse. The pitches never scuffed up and not one played like a 5th day pitch on the last day of any test match which I reckon had a big affect on Starc's ability to reverse the ball.

Richardson has played test cricket and did well in his first test match but after that couldn't get the ball to swing and was dropped.

I don't know whether its the balls, pitches, or both but we need to get the swing back. players dont forget how to swing a ball and there was nothing wrong with their seam positions.

all right handers which gives us 3 right arm quicks

Patto is very good and an ideal replacement for an injured Haze or Paddy

Riley Merideth ? who are you Shane Warne ?

Meredith is quick, and you can't train that. He's not wildly innacurate either. You'll only get 12 overs a day out of him in a test (not much to Starc at the moment), hence why I said I'd only try it with an extra bowler in the team. Guys like him are hard to judge until you throw them in the deep end.

Not sure I understand the Warne reference. I presume he has been plugging Meredith? I don't watch the Big Bash for very long. Bores me shitless.

Eelogical

Referee
Their depth is very strong where as ours is non existent.

We lose an opening batsman and were in the shit,

Starc played pretty poor but who can replace him ?

Lyon was average but who's knocking the door down ?
All true. For OZ to come back from this there needs to be some serious changes to be made. The top order is wafer tin and the bowling attack appears to have no idea for the most part. While Payne has been a godsend since the sandpaper scandal, it's time we looked to the future.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our tactics from the captain, bowlers and the coaches were utterly park grade standard from the first test onwards.

We were easily out thought throughout the series, as soon the other side adopts some pressure little Timmy Paine goes to absolute pieces. Let’s face it we have two world class quicks, two world class batsman and Warner who is a home town Harry. Two of the most overrated bowlers of the modern era and not much else.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the way India moved their batting around to suit the situation was impressive. If they needed quick runs they changed their batting order.

When we needed quick runs end of day 4 we did nothing.

strider

Post Whore
So why didnt our two world class batsmen just flat out score runs to at least draw the series? ... Paine's captaincy doesnt affect that.

End of the day, we arent as good all across the park.

Their bowlers got it done. Ours didnt.

84 Baby

Referee
I thought the way India moved their batting around to suit the situation was impressive. If they needed quick runs they changed their batting order.

When we needed quick runs end of day 4 we did nothing.
Symptomatic of our ignorance or arrogance in failing to adapt tactics

Latest posts