What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

undertaker

Coach
Do they even need a coach?

What the f**k can Andrew McDonald tell or teach patty or haze or Starc about test match bowling? The shit that Starc served ip today is 10 times better than anything McDonald has ever produced.

Skull even said Lyon only listens to one bloke about advice on his bowling, someone named Davison I think it was.

How does anyone coach these blokes?

The "modern game" is too overcoached these days. It's one of the few things I do agree with Shane Warne about.

Incorrect

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/cbd7183a00de91dde84ae9d7e5a091dc

TIM PAINE

204 runs at 40.8. High score of 73*. 17 catches.

The Australian captain had a handy enough series with the bat, managing key contributions throughout, batting like a keeper as they say. He produced a player of the match performance at the Adelaide Oval, where his first innings 73 off 99 dragged Australia into the contest before the quicks won it for the side. Had the messiest series of his career with the gloves, with standards particularly slipping at the SCG where he dropped three catches on day five as India forced the draw. He was good with the bat in both innings in the decider but was unable to coax his team to victory at the Gabba.

Mike Hussey’s rating: 6 — He contributed nicely with the bat but probably wasn’t at his best behind the stumps.
Hmmm 6 out of 100 (I assume).... Sounds about right...

undertaker

Coach
Caption time, guys!

G7H16NSKS.2-1.jpg

billygilmore

Juniors
Any chance of Australia realistically winning the test match evaporated to nearly 0% with the 123 run 7th wicket partnership between Thakur/Sundar.

With India at 6/186 in response to Australia's 369, if Australia skittle the Indian tailenders and had a 100-150 run lead or so, completely different scenario to the 33 run lead they ended up with. Australia would've ended up with a strong 400+ run lead and India would've had to play for the draw instead.

The batsman would have f**ked it up anyway, we don't get 400+ leads like we used too with these flogs

undertaker

Coach
Worst home series since 2010-2011

Yep, that 2010/11 Ashes series was dreadful.

To lose 3 test matches at home by an innings.....

The only good thing that has eventuated since that Ashes series is that I'm happy Steve Smith proved me wrong and would become one of the best batsmen of the 2010s decade, as I remember thinking to myself whilst watching that final test at the SCG that he wasn't a test cricketer.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
We let a second string opponent score over 300 all on the last day at the Gabba even while their no.3 batsman took over 200 balls to score a 50...what is going on with this team? The batting order has the spine of quasimodo and the 'world's best' bowling attack often don't know how to close out matches.

We've lost two Tests back to back from what should've been unlosable positions. All the ingredients are there, we had enough to win both but didn't.

The margins are thin in professional sport and at the moment, Paine and Langer in particular aren't good enough, which is letting this side down massively. I'm not saying the Australian team should get the sandpaper out again, but this soft, nice guy hippy shit isn't us.

Get back to playing hard, attacking cricket.

Generalzod

Immortal
We've lost two Tests back to back from what should've been unlosable positions. All the ingredients are there, we had enough to win both but didn't.

The margins are thin in professional sport and at the moment, Paine and Langer in particular aren't good enough, which is letting this side down massively. I'm not saying the Australian team should get the sandpaper out again, but this soft, nice guy hippy shit isn't us.

Well maybe the Indians team isn’t the same team that Australia used to bully before...

Old tiger 79

Juniors

Yep agree with that totally brus

Latest posts