What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim f**king Paine

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Insipid performance. Again.

Glove work was poor, captaincy even worse, sledging/gamesmanship embarrassing.

Its time to go, he did an adequate job post Sandpapergate but it's time to go Tim.
It's like that time Kevin Walters got the head coach job at the Broncos. Will do well at the start because there is nothing lower than rock bottom, but eventually will be found out once the honeymoon period is over because he just isn't up to it.

Meth

Staff member
Given that he's the captain, and the keeper, and the age that he is. and considering the circumstances under which he took the reigns, you'd imagine that they have agreed on some kind of transition process. I imagine it will be post-Test championship final.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If we were to make a change, Josh Inglis would be my pick. No rush to make a change, only 2 tests ago he was MOTM

typicalfan

Coach
Given that he's the captain, and the keeper, and the age that he is. and considering the circumstances under which he took the reigns, you'd imagine that they have agreed on some kind of transition process. I imagine it will be post-Test championship final.
Yes but there is a lack of leadership which makes moving him on hard. They were grooming Head for the future but he isn't even in the side anymore. Pat Cummins is a fan fave but can he set a field?

Aussie cricket is in bad shape, held together by two freak batters.

shiznit

Coach
From watching the behind the scenes footage(which I concede can be skewed and isn’t necessarily as it is) I reckon Nathan Lyon would be a good captain.

I actually think he’s already the leader of the guys behind the scenes and I think he’s more natural than Paine and even Smith...

Smith is kind of a weird genius who I think is more of a guy who would prefer to be in his own little bubble and let the rest of them sort themselves out.

I can kinda see why sandpaper gate happened under his watch... you could see him being in his own space and not paying attention to his VC Warner getting up to all sorts of mischief.

Paine tries hard but I think he kinda looks abit forced when he’s trying to lead... I don’t think he’s a natural leader but I think he’s probably come along leaps and bounds since he had it dumped on him.

Lyon would be the guy I reckon...

Meth

Staff member
Yes but there is a lack of leadership which makes moving him on hard. They were grooming Head for the future but he isn't even in the side anymore. Pat Cummins is a fan fave but can he set a field?

Aussie cricket is in bad shape, held together by two freak batters.

Hard to know what Cummins would be like until he gets a go. I think you guys are just going to need to take a punt

Slackboy72

Coach
From watching the behind the scenes footage(which I concede can be skewed and isn’t necessarily as it is) I reckon Nathan Lyon would be a good captain.

I actually think he’s already the leader of the guys behind the scenes and I think he’s more natural than Paine and even Smith...

Smith is kind of a weird genius who I think is more of a guy who would prefer to be in his own little bubble and let the rest of them sort themselves out.

I can kinda see why sandpaper gate happened under his watch... you could see him being in his own space and not paying attention to his VC Warner getting up to all sorts of mischief.

Paine tries hard but I think he kinda looks abit forced when he’s trying to lead... I don’t think he’s a natural leader but I think he’s probably come along leaps and bounds since he had it dumped on him.

Lyon would be the guy I reckon...

Is Lyon going to still be playing in 2-3 years time?

shiznit

Coach
Is Lyon going to still be playing in 2-3 years time?

I’d say have him captain for a couple of years and have his successor in as VC.

if it were up to me I’d have Lyon in as captain and then Marnus as vice captain. And then by the end of 2022 I’d have Marnus take over as captain.

GongPanther

Referee
Smith hopefully back at captain. The tactics of the last two tests, only one spinner in Sydney and Brisbane, and the slip courden screw ups have to be addressed. Zampa should have been brought in at least for the Sydney test. Give credit to India with Kholi and most of their first strike bowlers.

Looking to the future, surely Carey is next in line. I know it’s one day cricket but he’s averaging 40 after 29 games. Out of boredom I looked at the records of current shield keepers. Obviously they differ in experience but they’ve all played 20+ first class matches.

Sa - Alex Carey 31.3 - 2 F/C 100’s
Vic - Seb Gotch 31.8 - 0 F/C 100’s
Nsw - Peter Nevill 37 - 10 F/C 100’s
Qld - Jimmy Peirson - 28.7 - 0 First Class 100’s
Tas - Tim Paine 28.7 - 1 F/C 100’s
Wa - Josh Inglis 28.7 - 0 F/C 100’s

Nevill averaged 22 in test cricket after 17 games.
Philippe's a chamce one would say - McDermott keeps as well at least in T-20's

Brutus

Referee
Looking to the future, surely Carey is next in line. I know it’s one day cricket but he’s averaging 40 after 29 games. Out of boredom I looked at the records of current shield keepers. Obviously they differ in experience but they’ve all played 20+ first class matches.

Sa - Alex Carey 31.3 - 2 F/C 100’s
Vic - Seb Gotch 31.8 - 0 F/C 100’s
Nsw - Peter Nevill 37 - 10 F/C 100’s
Qld - Jimmy Peirson - 28.7 - 0 First Class 100’s
Tas - Tim Paine 28.7 - 1 F/C 100’s
Wa - Josh Inglis 28.7 - 0 F/C 100’s

Nevill averaged 22 in test cricket after 17 games.

I thought Peirson got a shield ton this season.

Latest posts