What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors
Sorry maddragon99 but I can’t agree with any of those figures that you’ve thrown out there
Then he’ll be staying put. Will always take overs to get a player away from a contender to a rebuilding team. Same can be said for Crichton.

how much did Gold Coast pay to get Fifita? $1.25M ?

Just staying economic realities

Hence my comments about Staggs

redv13

Bench
Then he’ll be staying put. Will always take overs to get a player away from a contender to a rebuilding team. Same can be said for Crichton.

I hear what you’re saying but if the GC are silly enough to pay $1.25 mil per season to Fifita then that’s their problem. That’s a lot of salary cap for 1 player

redv13

Bench

There is no chance any nrl club would be paying Capewell anywhere near 800k regardless that he played for Qld.

redVinme

Juniors
Playing origin tends to add to a players value. To pinch him from Penrith will cost $800K

He's a bench forward at the pennies and would be on not much. Even if someone offered double his current contract it wouldn't be 800k imo.

I'd guess he'd be currently on around 250/300 and on the market would fetch maybe 450/500 maybe 600 if someone saw him as a starter and needed to pay overs IE the dragons.

Welch re-signed with Melb for under 500 I think and he would be far more desirable to most teams imo.

Also whatever bad news you Received best wishes to you and the family.

Maddragon99

Juniors
He's a bench forward at the pennies and would be on not much. Even if someone offered double his current contract it wouldn't be 800k imo.

I'd guess he'd be currently on around 250/300 and on the market would fetch maybe 450/500 maybe 600 if someone saw him as a starter and needed to pay overs IE the dragons.

Welch re-signed with Melb for under 500 I think and he would be far more desirable to most teams imo.

Also whatever bad news you Received best wishes to you and the family.
I’ve messaged Katoni directly. Let’s see if he replies
48496261-9B46-455B-9DAB-630DCCC2F52A.png

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mate I’m sure if you offered Staggs top $$ to play with himself he would?? What are you trying to achieve here??
Honestly? Not sure. Knowing how we work we’re unlikely to pay top dollar for Crichton or Capewell so I’m trying to find a solution to our scondrow deficiencies. In the unlikely event Katoni responds I’d try to speak to Millward tomorrow. As a sponsor I might be able to get through to him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mmmmmm????
tenor.gif

I have said this alot. If McInnes is coming to the Tigers this season it’s not to play 9. We have two good hookers in Liddle and Simpkins. If he comes in 2022 then Liddle’s contract will be finished and not re-signed if he breaks again. He will be playing 13 regardless I would say. Madge has wanted to sign a lock for a long time (Radley, Murray etc type). Madge loves Liddle and has refused to trade Simpkins.

Latest posts