What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

There are only two important things in cricket - runs and wickets.

Too much spreadsheet cricket, money ball, focus on bullshit, ball bashing and bottom lines in current Australian cricket.

But highly credentialed, better tuned and experienced minds, than mine and ours know they’re right. 1-2 and a pissed away series win tells me otherwise.

This Year?

Immortal
Caption time, guys!

G7H16NSKS.2-1.jpg
Dear God,
If I ever become as bald as the GOAT, please strike me down.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
We've lost two Tests back to back from what should've been unlosable positions. All the ingredients are there, we had enough to win both but didn't.

The margins are thin in professional sport and at the moment, Paine and Langer in particular aren't good enough, which is letting this side down massively. I'm not saying the Australian team should get the sandpaper out again, but this soft, nice guy hippy shit isn't us.

Get back to playing hard, attacking cricket.

That's the thing that irks me most about this team. This is no competitive instinct in any pressure situation. Losing is OK if you are having a go, but prolonged negative tactics are unacceptable. It looks like a really bad culture IMO.

typicalfan

Coach
Best thing in his test was Cummins and Haze with the new ball. This is the way forward. I'd be adding Pattinson and him vs Starc for the last pace spot leaning toward Pattinson.

Swepson must tour as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He got hit in the helmet, not the head.

Seriously, at this level they are going to be very competitive and take advantage when they beat the bat. Pujara was very poor at playing the short ball and I would expect that to be exploited.

Shame Starc didn't have the same aggression.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Best thing in his test was Cummins and Haze with the new ball. This is the way forward. I'd be adding Pattinson and him vs Starc for the last pace spot leaning toward Pattinson.

Swepson must tour as well.
Starc is poor with the new ball but without it he's straight up shit. Needs to be dropped

Zadar

Juniors
Instead of checking on Punjara after being hit in the head, this Hazelwood mope tells him did you see that one, I wonder why sometimes I want the other team to win....the Aussie cricketers have a superiority complex.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/poor-form-josh-hazlewood-slammed-over-pujara-sledge-063546041.html

I agree.

They don’t need to be nice, and that sledge wasn’t too bad in my opinion, but I have hated the Australian cricket team from the steve Waugh period onwards, they were winners, but they were poor winners, which made them even poorer loses. They became entitled, so anything that went against them they looked like sooks.

to this day I want them to lose every series they play, even though this team I don’t mind as much as ones in the past,

players like gilly are the upmost champions, played it hard, well, fair and gracious.

smith,haze,Cummins seem like champions, so I am always happy to see them do well.

Bazal

Post Whore
Instead of checking on Punjara after being hit in the head, this Hazelwood mope tells him did you see that one, I wonder why sometimes I want the other team to win....the Aussie cricketers have a superiority complex.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/poor-form-josh-hazlewood-slammed-over-pujara-sledge-063546041.html
I agree.

They don’t need to be nice, and that sledge wasn’t too bad in my opinion, but I have hated the Australian cricket team from the steve Waugh period onwards, they were winners, but they were poor winners, which made them even poorer loses. They became entitled, so anything that went against them they looked like sooks.

to this day I want them to lose every series they play, even though this team I don’t mind as much as ones in the past,

players like gilly are the upmost champions, played it hard, well, fair and gracious.

smith,haze,Cummins seem like champions, so I am always happy to see them do well.

I agree, really poor form

Should have gone with a much more interesting sledge. Maybe "hey Chet, did I get the butterfly?" Or a question about how many butterflies he could see now

JJ

Immortal
I agree, really poor form

Should have gone with a much more interesting sledge. Maybe "hey Chet, did I get the butterfly?" Or a question about how many butterflies he could see now
First ensure everything is ok... then say something humorous... just get the order right, and to be clear I am not saying Hazelwood didn’t