What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
So are we officially in crisis now? :|

I legit got a headache watching that.
Yep.

I think there's a few players we need to move on, some players just go stale. Our style needs a bit of reinvention too, sick of watching us wait for an assist from TAA or Robbo, let's get passes in behind defensive lines

Last edited:
Nick, problem is, especially with injuries, and the club's refusal to buy anyone, plus Klopp not really rotating anyone, many of the key players have played nearly every minute of every game.

When you add in the congested nature of the start of the season, the shortened off season, and the usual glut of matches in December-early January, many key players are exhausted and need a few weeks rest. Until they do, not much will change in my book.

p.s.

Though Nick, I can understand your frustration. I feel that way too.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
There's succumbing to injuries and then there's capitulation. Alisson hasn't made 3 errors leading to goals in 2 games because of injuries.

You expect far better resolve from a team that has accomplished what it has.

I said it in the general thread, something hasn't seemed right about this team ever since the return from Covid. They've been sloppy at both ends of the pitch, have lacked sharpness, and have lacked more ideas in the final third. I think everybody is getting fed up with the relentess crosses into the box from TAA and Robbo - it was good when defences weren't as good at dealing with it, but they've figured it out now, just like how City's trademark balls to Sterling and his subsequent cutbacks from the sideline was worked out.

We need a bit of investment this summer but I'm nervous that FSG will tighten the purse strings again.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
This is really embarrassing now. Goes beyond injuries.

This is not a dig at TAA's performance, but i dont want him at right back anymore. He is a midfielder and the midfield is crying out for some guile, thrust and imagination.

saint.nick

Coach
Really are making a mockery of themselves now, I'm getting more and more fed up with the excuse rhetoric about injuries, 18 CB combinations, fatigue, no fans, the grass being too dry, the grass being too wet, etc etc.

I've given up on getting up at ungodly times to watch this team going through the motions and feeling sorry for themselves.

So disappointing because we all had reasonable expections that they'd kick on and, at least at the absolute bare minimum, muster up a respectable title defence. They can't even defend their champions league place.

Where do they even go from here?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Really are making a mockery of themselves now, I'm getting more and more fed up with the excuse rhetoric about injuries, 18 CB combinations, fatigue, no fans, the grass being too dry, the grass being too wet, etc etc.

I've given up on getting up at ungodly times to watch this team going through the motions and feeling sorry for themselves.

So disappointing because we all had reasonable expections that they'd kick on and, at least at the absolute bare minimum, muster up a respectable title defence. They can't even defend their champions league place.

Where do they even go from here?

Get beaten by Fulham at Anfield :/

To me it seems like the rot started to set in when the stories about Mohamad Salah and Real Madrid appeared. Since around that time he (and a few others) have not looked the same form wise on the pitch.

They finally got a win in the EPL. Beat Wolves 1-0. :)

Feel for the Wolves keeper though, picked up a very nasty head injury :(

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
To me it seems like the rot started to set in when the stories about Mohamad Salah and Real Madrid appeared. Since around that time he (and a few others) have not looked the same form wise on the pitch.
I don't think it was that. I know the squad is tight knit but if true, they shouldn't be letting things like that sway them off course, it's just part of the 'profession' they work in.

James Pearce wrote a very lengthy article about all of the negative contributing factors - it can kind of read like an excuse piece but it details every single thing that has gone wrong. It's been a combination of many things and they badly wilted under the pressure of it.

Hopefully they've rediscovered their purpose and can continue what they've started in the last two games. It's just a shame they've taken so long to snap out of it.

saint.nick

Coach
Before I opened the link I was worried it'd be one of the panel members whom I suspect say some things for shock value rather than to genuinely reflect their viewpoint.

Ogden is on the money, Trent is not a natural defender, he doesn't have the defensive instincts to dishearten attackers game after game. He learnt his trade as a midfielder, and everything good he is known for is typically associated with the midfield role. I feel like his full potential is wasted by being stuck out on that right flank.

Latest posts