What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast

Greenfields

Juniors
Watching the latest with Maynard James Keenan. I’ve always enjoyed Tool’s music but never knew much about the guy. Good chat.

shiznit

Coach
Chapelle show fans get a treat... Donell Rawlings aka ‘Ashy Larry’ aka ‘Beautiful’ from the show.

And Dave jumps on himself I hear...

T-Boon

Coach
Is this show basically over now?
People are not going to be following him to spotify.

Matua

Bench
Does Greenwald have a financial stake in these platforms? He seems to be very vocal about it and seems to be in a shitfight with a broad range of journalists.

bileduct

Coach
The Undertaker aka Mark Calaway was on Joe's podcast today. This is the first podcast I've listened to since it became Spotify exclusive. Mark covered pretty much all the same stuff he said on both of his Broken Skull Sessions appearances, with a little MMA discussion thrown in.

I never really noticed until this episode how f**king annoying Joe can be at times when he wants Jamie to bring up some shit on the television screen in the studio. His guest will be in the middle of saying something and Joe is all like "no, scroll down... click that... no, not that... the other one... scroll back up... no, too far... there.. that one... no, to the left... left... LEFT..."

Smug Panther

First Grade
The Undertaker aka Mark Calaway was on Joe's podcast today. This is the first podcast I've listened to since it became Spotify exclusive. Mark covered pretty much all the same stuff he said on both of his Broken Skull Sessions appearances, with a little MMA discussion thrown in.

I never really noticed until this episode how f**king annoying Joe can be at times when he wants Jamie to bring up some shit on the television screen in the studio. His guest will be in the middle of saying something and Joe is all like "no, scroll down... click that... no, not that... the other one... scroll back up... no, too far... there.. that one... no, to the left... left... LEFT..."
First ive listened to in ages as well but on your point the Kelly Slater interview is the one that broke me. Talked over him non stop

Matua

Bench
First ive listened to in ages as well but on your point the Kelly Slater interview is the one that broke me. Talked over him non stop
I've been watching some Howard Stern clips and he has this terrible habit of asking a question and then asking another one while the interviewee is answering.

i

azzah72

Bench
I've been watching some Howard Stern clips and he has this terrible habit of asking a question and then asking another one while the interviewee is answering.

i

Agree with you on Stern there but I still don't find him as grating as Rogan.

I have actually starting to listen to Stern a lot more lately and he's still one of the goats in any format.

T-Boon

Coach
Joe said today he thinks cinemas are a thing of the past and not coming back. What do people think of this?
Garbage I say. Going to the movies is awesome. It is just a crappy time for movies (has been for a decade probably).

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach

I have not heard that interview but Joe only ends up doing a lot of talking if the interviewee is a friend of his or is totally boring. I can easily imagine that Slater was boring as hell. After talking about waves for 5 minutes how would Slater fill out the next 2 hours let alone 3.

Matua

Bench
Joe said today he thinks cinemas are a thing of the past and not coming back. What do people think of this?
Garbage I say. Going to the movies is awesome. It is just a crappy time for movies (has been for a decade probably).
I agree with you - I'm actually going to a movie a week at the moment as I have vouchers that they extended until Feb for me because of Covid. Must admit it's hard picking a movie each week as I often don't know anything about them - although TBF, I actually prefer not knowing what somethings about.

axl rose

Bench
This is the first podcast I've listened to since it became Spotify exclusive.

Caught a clip of it on youtube. Behind the scenes is far more fascinating than what happens in the ring. Paul Bearer was hilarious, he really sold it.

Haven't bothered with Spotify, Prefer Lex Fridmans podcast these days,

Aragorn

First Grade

With TV screens getting bigger by the minute, and VPN pirate boxes available to watch any and every movie, + the ever increasing better quality of sci-fi tv shows growing - absolutely cinemas will become a thing of the past, as more and more people would rather stay home and binge watch on their 100inch tv screens...

T-Boon

Coach
Joe needs to change his format up a bit as people are sick of hearing him. His guests are always interesting but he tends to repeat his same stuff every episode. It isnt his fault it would be the same with everyone like hearing the wife telling other people the same stories poorly every day. He should get multiple guests on more often.
I thought he destroyed his interview with Brett Weinstein (I think he was high as a kite). But dang the Briane Greene one the other day was interesting as hell.

T-Boon

Coach
The best thing I found from Joe Rogan was Jordon Peterson. A remarkable human being.

All the scientists he gets on are great and I had not heard of many of them. Brett & Eric Weinstein, Brian Greene. Also the Navy Seals are usually good. The Marcus Lattrell interview was good.
Gad Saad is great (man the left wingers on the current affair forum would loath him).

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Rogan's move to Spotify has really proven to me that no matter how good your show is the platform it is on really matters.

To me the JRE podcast is a visual show and can't be fully enjoyed in audio only, but I only ever use Spotify for audio and when I am driving, out exercising, at work or some other situation where I can only listen. If I'm watching something it's usually Youtube and even though both Youtube and Spotify can chromecast to my tv I'm too lazy to switch apps to Spotify and send JRE to the screen. There's plenty of content on Youtube that I could be forever switching channels so to speak without having to change to a different app.

As a result I only really watch JRE if there is someone specific on, it's not really something I'll randomly watch anymore. I wonder how many other people have had a similar experience.

Latest posts