What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I'd like to buy a vowel

RV,
Please make your way down to the gift shop, your a winner!

s-l640.jpg

upload_2021-1-21_7-0-53.png

getsmarty

Immortal
The Mole's NRL season previews: St George Illawarra pins hopes on under-performing star
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole

The Dragons not only need to find a winning formula under new coach Anthony Griffin - they also need to win back their disillusioned fans.

RECRUITMENT: Tyson Frizell is a big loss but the club has come up with three handy gains in Daniel Alvaro (Warriors), Jack Bird (Broncos) and Poasa Faamausili (Warriors)

STRENGTHS: The Dragons have pace to burn out wide, with Matt Dufty and Zac Lomax both having great seasons in 2020 despite their team's poor form. They need to see more of the ball.

WEAKNESSES: The Dragons' attack was too predictable last season and the lack of penetration in the halves was a real problem - and may be again. The forwards weren't blameless either - the Dragons had the least offloads of any team in the NRL in 2020.

MAN UNDER PRESSURE: Corey Norman - has all the talent in the world but simply doesn't show it enough. Coming off contract at the end of the season - and that may just bring out the best in him.

ONE TO WATCH: JAYDEN SULLIVAN - still only 19 but the Dragons have high hopes for this nippy five-eighth. Will put the pressure on Norman as the year unfolds.

WHAT THE BOOKIES SAY: To win comp $41, to make finals $4.05 (via Sportsbet)

WHAT MOLEY SAYS: Perennial under-performers, have finally cleaned the place out with a new coaching staff and a bunch of new players. Have the roster to make the finals - but I think they will just miss the boat.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-n...pressure/ca32e156-d1f0-417b-b97f-c3ca787f0d41

Gareth67

First Grade
The Mole's NRL season previews: St George Illawarra pins hopes on under-performing star
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole

The Dragons not only need to find a winning formula under new coach Anthony Griffin - they also need to win back their disillusioned fans.

RECRUITMENT: Tyson Frizell is a big loss but the club has come up with three handy gains in Daniel Alvaro (Warriors), Jack Bird (Broncos) and Poasa Faamausili (Warriors)

STRENGTHS: The Dragons have pace to burn out wide, with Matt Dufty and Zac Lomax both having great seasons in 2020 despite their team's poor form. They need to see more of the ball.

WEAKNESSES: The Dragons' attack was too predictable last season and the lack of penetration in the halves was a real problem - and may be again. The forwards weren't blameless either - the Dragons had the least offloads of any team in the NRL in 2020.

MAN UNDER PRESSURE: Corey Norman - has all the talent in the world but simply doesn't show it enough. Coming off contract at the end of the season - and that may just bring out the best in him.

ONE TO WATCH: JAYDEN SULLIVAN - still only 19 but the Dragons have high hopes for this nippy five-eighth. Will put the pressure on Norman as the year unfolds.

WHAT THE BOOKIES SAY: To win comp $41, to make finals $4.05 (via Sportsbet)

WHAT MOLEY SAYS: Perennial under-performers, have finally cleaned the place out with a new coaching staff and a bunch of new players. Have the roster to make the finals - but I think they will just miss the boat.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-n...pressure/ca32e156-d1f0-417b-b97f-c3ca787f0d41

The mole is very close to the mark in each of his points . The only one that I would suggest is somewhat off are the odds that he has placed upon the Dragons chances of a premiership win and to a lesser extent the semifinal spot .

If I was a betting man I would have longer odds on both , however I believe that he is correct about just missing out on the final eight .

goldiesaintz

Juniors
The mole is very close to the mark in each of his points . The only one that I would suggest is somewhat off are the odds that he has placed upon the Dragons chances of a premiership win and to a lesser extent the semifinal spot .

If I was a betting man I would have longer odds on both , however I believe that he is correct about just missing out on the final eight .

G67,
They should list Hook under the 'Strengths' category.
Weaknesses definitely Norman & Hunt but that now might correct itself.
Hoping we'll make the eight though.
Who knows, we may end up being 85 minutes from the GF.

Gareth67

First Grade
G67,
They should list Hook under the 'Strengths' category.
Weaknesses definitely Norman & Hunt but that now might correct itself.
Hoping we'll make the eight though.
Who knows, we may end up being 85 minutes from the GF.

85 minutes away from a Grand Final spot again ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :flushed:

possm

Coach
85 minutes away from a Grand Final spot again ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :flushed:
Fan confidence in our Dragons team will run at fever pitch after we post wins in the first 4 round. This can happen if:
Our last line of defence is solid and Dufty takes the high ball with confidence or if Dufty is replaced by Ramsey.
If Ravalawa and Matt Feagai are our wingers.
If Lomax and Max Feagai are our centres
If Norman and Hunt play to their potential.
If our forward pack is Vaughan, McInnes, Kerr, Sims, Ford and Fuimaono ; with Bird, Alvaro, Faamausili and Lawrie on the bench.

Of course all players selected in the 17 will have step up and play to Griffins new game plans. I expect the fans will see a young enthusiastic team with loads of speed, enthusiasm, elusiveness and good combinations in attack and also with dedication, teamwork and accuracy in defence.

I'd say that the 2021 Dragons team, will prove to be more than a few notches above the disappointing performance of the 2020 side.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Hope they don't overwork Jacks' knee.
Should make Norman do the extra that Jack can't or shouldn't do.

I want to see Norman with grey hair by round one!
I have it from the horses mouth, Jack is being brought on steadily & will not play any trials. A lot of money invested in Jack to keep him fit & he’s already looking beyond his current contract to win a comp in the Red V

Dragon David

First Grade
Jammer loves the Dragons/Saints. Beats me why we didn't go after him before he joined the Doggies?

Anyway, he is back home now with his family as this is the best place in the world. Heading up the new female Dragons Academy pathways will certainly be a challenge for him which could lead him onto coaching some lower mens grades on top of his media work.

BLM01

First Grade
I have it from the horses mouth, Jack is being brought on steadily & will not play any trials. A lot of money invested in Jack to keep him fit & he’s already looking beyond his current contract to win a comp in the Red V
Which horse would that be?
Jack replied to you?
You are repeating snippets of what your family friend told you on good authority earlier this week?

Reactions: jak

TruSaint

Referee
Jammer loves the Dragons/Saints. Beats me why we didn't go after him before he joined the Doggies?

Anyway, he is back home now with his family as this is the best place in the world. Heading up the new female Dragons Academy pathways will certainly be a challenge for him which could lead him onto coaching some lower mens grades on top of his media work.

I welcome him back like you do.

I am sure before he left he mentioned coming back in some role.

Small start but a good one.

Gareth67

First Grade
If Dimmy boy did return then I expected him to be mentoring our young forwards in Griffin’s squad .

Latest posts