What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Banjo2014

Juniors
Please no Graham surely not

He played 52 games for us and scored 1 try
2018 - 15 wins and 9 losses - we finished 7th
2019 we finished 15th with 8 wins and 16 losses
2020 we all know about that

I'm sorry but a bite on a rugby league field is the lowest act a guy can do and I cannot forgive him - mentor huh!

He will do fine at Fox so let him be - he is still an advocate for that marijuana company so he is more than busy when he gets back

A big no way - we've started afresh with Hook Elliot and Gentle - keep him well away from Jubilee oval thanks

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Graham returns to Dragons in NRLW development role
Author
Alicia Newton NRLW Chief Reporter
Timestamp
Fri 22 Jan 2021, 05:00 PM
newtonalicia-head.png

Share on social media
Retired Englishman James Graham will return to St George Illawarra in 2021 after accepting an off-field role to help establish a female Dragons academy.

The Dragons' NRLW side have been underwhelming in their first three seasons and went winless last year despite boasting a squad stacked with Origin and Test talent.

The NRL Women's Telstra Premiership's expected expansion in 2021, where more round games are likely to be played, is another cause for the Dragons to establish stronger pathways for female development.

Graham was released by the Dragons in June last year before retiring with a premiership win at St Helens and following more than 400 games experience in the northern hemisphere and the NRL.

He openly spoke of his intentions to return to Australia this year after a swansong in the UK.

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb said Graham's appointment will give the women's program the "talent, skills and leadership" it deserves.

"This will lead to the better identification of talented young female footballers from our regions as well as improved development programs," Webb said in a CEO update.

"This is all done with the goal of having a highly competitive NRLW team made up of great local talent."

Meanwhile, the NSWRL are expected to confirm the addition of Illawarra club side Helensburgh Tigerlillies to the Harvey Norman NSW premiership in another boost for several Dragons stars.

The Tigerlillies are set to be spearheaded by the likes of Kezie Apps, Jessica Sergis and Sam Bremner throughout the state's premier competition before they move into the NRLW setup.

The game's leading NRLW stars returned to training with their club sides last week in preparation for a busy women's schedule in the lead-up to the 2021 World Cup in October.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/22/graham-returns-to-dragons-in-nrlw-development-role/

getsmarty

Immortal
Jammer has NOT agreed a role at St George-Illawarra Dragons
By Mike Critchley mike_critchley Senior Sports Writer
11939958.jpg

James Graham. Picture: Bernard Platt

0 comment
JAMES Graham has NOT agreed a move into coaching with the St George-Illawarra Dragons female academy as reported by the club at the weekend.

The Dragons tweeted on Friday that the former Saints skipper "will return to the #redv in 2021 to head up our new female Dragons Academy pathways program. Welcome back, Jammer!"

However, James Graham has subsequently issued a message via England RL to clarify that he hasn’t agreed a role with the Dragons’ female academy.

An update from Sydney – James Graham has asked us to clarify that he hasn’t agreed a role with the Dragons’ female academy, as had been suggested by the club over the weekend.#EnglandRL pic.twitter.com/Fi6OtLWuip

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/19036131.jammer-not-agreed-role-st-george-illawarra-dragons/

Kylez3

Juniors
Jammer has NOT agreed a role at St George-Illawarra Dragons
By Mike Critchley mike_critchley Senior Sports Writer
11939958.jpg

James Graham. Picture: Bernard Platt

0 comment
JAMES Graham has NOT agreed a move into coaching with the St George-Illawarra Dragons female academy as reported by the club at the weekend.

The Dragons tweeted on Friday that the former Saints skipper "will return to the #redv in 2021 to head up our new female Dragons Academy pathways program. Welcome back, Jammer!"

However, James Graham has subsequently issued a message via England RL to clarify that he hasn’t agreed a role with the Dragons’ female academy.

An update from Sydney – James Graham has asked us to clarify that he hasn’t agreed a role with the Dragons’ female academy, as had been suggested by the club over the weekend.#EnglandRL pic.twitter.com/Fi6OtLWuip

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/19036131.jammer-not-agreed-role-st-george-illawarra-dragons/

How embarrassing. Amateur hour.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
This is on a scale of 1-10 rates a zero in care factor.I think Mr Graham should be honoured if we offered him a position with our Club.
No big deal if he declines and I am sure the position will be filled.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Could it be that although he may have verbally agreed to join the club, he has not completed his current duties and was going to wait till they are finished before making a statement to join us?

Gareth67

First Grade
How odd ! The Sunday Telegraph said that he was training in a gym in Maroubra over the weekend. Are those people telling porkies - yet again ?

The Sunday Telegraph represents the last great bastion of truth , justice and the American , whoops I mean the Australian way , so one would expect them to be truthful with their Society page stories , wouldn’t one ? :thinking:

denis preston

First Grade
Couldnt think of a more inappropriate role for him. Cant see him with the necessary skills to communicate with a female footy side.Just my thoughts.

Gareth67

First Grade
Couldnt think of a more inappropriate role for him. Cant see him with the necessary skills to communicate with a female footy side.Just my thoughts.

I was under the impression that IF he ever returned to the Dragons it would be to mentor our forwards , similar to that of Jamie’s Sowards role . His tenacity and wholehearted efforts in every game he played- regardless of club or country was outstanding.

He had nothing in the tank at games end , in fact in his last season and a half the tank was empty before the game had finished but still he never stopped trying . That sort of enthusiasm is what our pack requires now , who better to do that particular job than Jimmy Graham ?

TruSaint

Referee
I was under the impression that IF he ever returned to the Dragons it would be to mentor our forwards , similar to that of Jamie’s Sowards role . His tenacity and wholehearted efforts in every game he played- regardless of club or country was outstanding.

He had nothing in the tank at games end , in fact in his last season and a half the tank was empty before the game had finished but still he never stopped trying . That sort of enthusiasm is what our pack requires now , who better to do that particular job than Jimmy Graham ?

Although never formal, that was my impression as well.

I dont know whats happening with recent reports, but I want him at our Club.

Latest posts