What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Gale

randomdragon

Juniors
Sorry there may be another thread so happy for it to be redirected.

what happened to luke? Watching him in the trials he was a good prospect but haven’t really seen anything from the club in regards to him? I’m guessing this is a question for George. I remember watching him in mudgee last year and he looked really good.

He played really well in the pre-season game against Newcastle too.
Even if there hadn't been a Covid interruption and no CC, Mary never would have picked him anyway...

possm

Coach
Dubbo College Year 12 boys Luke Gale and Clayton Couley recently returned from a tour of New Zealand with the NSW combined high schools under-17 rugby league development side.
The talented duo, who are both part of a development squad with the St George Illawarra Dragons, joined the team to play their first game in Christchurch against the Canterbury Schools, Gale playing second row and Couley coming off the bench to play in the forwards.

The result proved a walkover to the Canterbury Schools 70-4, with the NSW side making up for the loss in later games against the New Zealand national side in Rotorua and Auckland.
“After the defeat in Christchurch we flew to Rotorua, where we lifted our performance to come away with a win against the New Zealand national under-17s, 22-18,” Gale said.
“We then travelled to Auckland to take on the national side for a second time, beating them decisively 22-4.”

Gale, a regular player with the Dubbo Macquarie Raiders, scored two tries in the Auckland game and was pleased with his performance. Couley, who plays lock with the Nyngan Tigers, said the tour provided excellent competition for players, as well as diverse cultural experiences.

“It’s the first time I have been to New Zealand and we had the opportunity to visit a living Maori village and spend a night in a meeting ground or Maori marae,” Couley said. “We also visited thermal springs near Rotorua and the Sky Tower in Auckland.”
Earlier this year, Gale and Couley were selected as part of the under-18 NSW Country Rugby League side. As part of their selection the boys undertook a tour to Perth, with one of their games a curtain-raiser to a Sea Eagles versus Warriors NRL match.

Both boys also lend their extensive skills to the Dubbo College open rugby league side.

Gale, second row and Couley, lock. I wonder how they are progressing?

(20+) Dubbo College - Posts | Facebook

Last edited:

George Dragon

Juniors
Sorry there may be another thread so happy for it to be redirected.

what happened to luke? Watching him in the trials he was a good prospect but haven’t really seen anything from the club in regards to him? I’m guessing this is a question for George. I remember watching him in mudgee last year and he looked really good.

As Phil said. COVID.
He played last season for Berry in gp 7 but injured his knee and his season was cut short.
Training with Ressie now and has started boxing to work in his fitness.
20210123_100143.jpg

boardlumps62

Juniors
Looking at signing for Wynam Manly.
A lot of lower grade players looking at Qld, more chance of playing a full comp.
Do we have a team in Qld that we can draw from. Makes sense if they have a comp but not in NSW. They definitely need to get lower grades going again in NSW.