What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2020

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Lol the Australia stakes last night was a f**ken pathetic renewal.

Blow the f**ken valley up you useless merkins

It was f**king abysmal....

I’ve never understood why more trainers don’t aim better horses at that race and the same with The Missile Stakes in the Spring. They are usually deadset BM80 standard races with half a dozen acceptors.

I know those two races are pretty much the kick off points to the carnival and most trainers use it as a start of a horses prep.. but it’s still a Group 2 race on the resume! any half decent horse could of had it on a silver platter last night.

If I owned a half decent 3yo colt who was a sprinter, I’m telling the trainer don’t worry about the usual 3yo lead up races, let’s get a soft kill. Give the merkin 3 trials so it’s peaking off it’s head ready to go, it’s a WFA race so massive weight relief, jump, lead and kick at the Valley those older horses aren’t catching you.

Bang! 3year old colt with a Group 2 next to its name, you’ve got a stallion prospect. Then put the merkin out for a month freshen up and you can still bring it back to have a crack at 3yo sprint races if you want.

Sphagnum

Coach
See that wanker in the middle of the track in Nz today? What kind of ice fueled world do you live in where that’s a good idea?