What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters

gerg

Juniors
Three players have been ruled out for this season due to training injuries. I hope for all teams sake thus is not a precurser to the season ahead.

If it is, naming a top 8 side will be pure guesswork.

Which 3 players have been ruled out?

For fear of upsetting those sensitive Panfers fans I'll be real interested to see how they go without Tamou and Tetevano this year. A lot of pressure on JFH. The greatest halfback in the history of rugba league could struggle behind a pack with less go-forward.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Which 3 players have been ruled out?

For fear of upsetting those sensitive Panfers fans I'll be real interested to see how they go without Tamou and Tetevano this year. A lot of pressure on JFH. The greatest halfback in the history of rugba league could struggle behind a pack with less go-forward.

Anything happens to Fisher-Harris and their middle is f**ked.
Leota is yet to prove he is starter. Big year for him. Always good for a dropped ball. I could be wrong but I think he is only a bench impact player.
I like Leniu but he is just starting out. Eisenhuth is a plodder.
They need another tough middle to do the pig work.

Jim Rockford

Bench
What am I missing with Souths. I thought they were pretty bog all season up until the last couple of weeks, but everyone seems to have them pushing for the MP.
I feel the same about Penrith. After last year they won't be able to sneak up on teams this year and will have to work a lot harder to get their wins. They'll still make the 8 but as last year proved, Nathan Cleary doesn't have what it takes to get the job done in the big games.

gerg

Juniors
Don't bullshit. This would have been precisely your intention.

Not at all. I'm genuinely curious. You blokes stunk up every single friggen thread last year with PANTHERS. But when asked a genuine question your jimmies are rustling.

Who are your middles this year? JFH, Yeo & Leota. Then what?

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not at all. I'm genuinely curious. You blokes stunk up every single friggen thread last year with PANTHERS. But when asked a genuine question your jimmies are rustling.

We aren't all the Frog.
Leniu will be starting prop by September, the kid is a freak. Some of us are hopeful Kikau will spend some time in the middle with Capewell on the left

The_Frog

First Grade

It's your jimmies that are rustling old mate. Our roster is available online. Look it up yourself.
We aren't all the Frog.
Leniu will be starting prop by September, the kid is a freak. Some of us are hopeful Kikau will spend some time in the middle with Capewell on the left
Not like you to be so accommodating to trolls, Umina.

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
We aren't all the Frog.

Thank you.
Tough ask to pin all your hopes on a rookie front rower but I guess if JFH can stay healthy he can help bring through the next generation. I don't know that Kikau is the answer. He is so effective on the edge it doesn't make sense (to me at least) to move him from his favoured position.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Thank you.
Tough ask to pin all your hopes on a rookie front rower but I guess if JFH can stay healthy he can help bring through the next generation. I don't know that Kikau is the answer. He is so effective on the edge it doesn't make sense (to me at least) to move him from his favoured position.
Yeah its a bit of a risk but Capewell is too good to not be playing good minutes. Liam Martin also prefers to play prop so we do have a few options

gerg

Juniors
Yeah its a bit of a risk but Capewell is too good to not be playing good minutes. Liam Martin also prefers to play prop so we do have a few options

Yeah definitely a gamble whichever way you go. My club (Raiders) looking a bit thin out wide.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thank you.

Don't forget Yeo is a proper middle now. For me I want Martin, Capewell and Kikau getting as much time as possible out there.

gerg

Juniors
Don't forget Yeo is a proper middle now. For me I want Martin, Capewell and Kikau getting as much time as possible out there.

Sure Yeo is a middle but he is most effective hitting it up off the the back of a bollocking run from JFH and not really a guy that creates that go forward in a set.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Sure Yeo is a middle but he is most effective hitting it up off the the back of a bollocking run from JFH and not really a guy that creates that go forward in a set.

Big difference taking the 3rd or 4th hit up of a set, to the first. Yeo isn't a prop. Fisher-Harris is intimidating and backs it up, Yeo isn't. He is a good worker.

They need another prop for the pig work. Till Leniu matures.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
What am I missing with Souths. I thought they were pretty bog all season up until the last couple of weeks, but everyone seems to have them pushing for the MP.

It is all guesswork at this time of year.
Souffs have a good spine and now with Arrow on board some much needed grunt.
Latrine was coming into some good form at fullback before he got injured. He should be better this year with a decent pre-season. Wayne's last year, maybe the players lift for him?
If they stay fit they will be dangerous and tough to beat.

blue bags

First Grade
going by the voting in the poll
bottom 4 will be bulldogs, sharks, cowboys, tigers
then the dragons, broncos
and warriors, eagles, 9th 10th

Last edited:

Latest posts