What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Quite sure that the maestro floated that rumor himself Silverdale .:no_mouth:

Yeah I was actually edited by the forum law when I suggested that it was Marys manager who set up the creative rumour when Hoops exposed it.

I was half joking, but I was taken out the back and clobbered by mods unknown.

I don’t mind getting my on-line arm broken for something worth it, but not for offending the bludger who gets 6% of Marys cash. I didn’t even know who the manager was!

Oh well, a few bored mods looking to beat up someone, may as well be me, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lol.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'd say that SGI have made significant changes in 2020 and am sure that over the next few years SGI will make more changes. The appointment of a new CEO, some new football staff, restructure of the football department and a BOD that is willing to positively look at recommendations make by the CEO, is more than most fans were dreaming of.

I see the next changes will involve the retirement of some Board Members and the full access to third party support from entities whishing to further SGI's progress up the competition ladder.

I also expect some Board members to vacate their position and be replaced by professional men/women who can add to the standard of the operation of the Board.

Possum I do hope that you take this the right way mate , but your exceptionally positive attitude this year has me believing that the Dragons will have a better year then I first thought .

I don’t t know if you have been raiding the neighbors plum trees or not , but what ever you possums eat it is certainly is doing you the world of good . Keep up the good vibes buddy ! :chipmunk:

OT alert I guess.

5 Tiger truths for 2021:

a) Madge does not recruit players. He is consulted but at the end of the day it’s not his decision. It is Hartigan, our ex rooster recruitment chief. Don’t believe otherwise, it’s on the record.

b) in the last 2 years, player turnover is approaching 75%. Of the round 1 2019 predicted side, 4 survive for 2021.

c) the 2021 pack will be one of, if not, the biggest pack in the nrl. To give you an idea, Packer is one of the runts of the litter.

d) the critical positions of fullback and hooker. remain unresolved. Whispers are that Laurie will start in 2021.

e) we are one of the biggest sneaks when it comes to recruiting. Complete bastards. Talk to anyone at anytime. Not to be trusted!

Crush

Coach
OT alert I guess.

5 Tiger truths for 2021:

a) Madge does not recruit players. He is consulted but at the end of the day it’s not his decision. It is Hartigan, our ex rooster recruitment chief. Don’t believe otherwise, it’s on the record.

b) in the last 2 years, player turnover is approaching 75%. Of the round 1 2019 predicted side, 4 survive for 2021.

c) the 2021 pack will be one of, if not, the biggest pack in the nrl. To give you an idea, Packer is one of the runts of the litter.

d) the critical positions of fullback and hooker. remain unresolved. Whispers are that Laurie will start in 2021.

e) we are one of the biggest sneaks when it comes to recruiting. Complete bastards. Talk to anyone at anytime. Not to be trusted!
The Tigers have a history of letting the really good ones go and sign with other clubs.
I still can't believe Tedesco was once a tiger.

Theres been a lot of criticism of the Tigers on the wt forum.

I mean there some bitter harshness and people unhappy we are trying to do things.

I really don’t think a lot of it is deserved.

My call out to you guys is to enjoy and to relish the changes. This is just the start.

Don’t become hard core grinches and drag everything down.

I’ll be giving the ye olde sgi the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
The Tigers have a history of letting the really good ones go and sign with other clubs.
I still can't believe Tedesco was once a tiger.

Tim Moltzen excepted, as they stole him back. LOL.

They truly are the all-time retention fails of the NRL...

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Theres been a lot of criticism of the Tigers on the wt forum.

I mean there some bitter harshness and people unhappy we are trying to do things.

I really don’t think a lot of it is deserved.

My call out to you guys is to enjoy and to relish the changes. This is just the start.

Don’t become hard core grinches and drag everything down.

I’ll be giving the ye olde sgi the benefit of the doubt.
But 99% of Dragons fans on this forum have enjoyed and are relishing the changes. The whingeing is the majority have likely grown up supporting a successful club and we just seem to have higher expectations for that to come around again more so than West Tigers fans who apart from a few years under Sheens and Warren Ryan would be more used to not making the semis. ;)

Tim Moltzen excepted, as they stole him back. LOL.

They truly are the all-time retention fails of the NRL...

Mary was retained 7 years too long lol.

But 99% of Dragons fans on this forum have enjoyed and are relishing the changes. The whingeing is the majority have likely grown up supporting a successful club and we just seem to have higher expectations for that to come around again more so than West Tigers fans who apart from a few years under Sheens and Warren Ryan would be more used to not making the semis. ;)

harsh lol

mickeylane

Bench
Reported today Dufty being eyed up by Warriors as a replacement for RTS who's off to Union in 2022....i guess Ramsay has always been earmarked as Dragons long term FB w Fegai II coming onto the wing to join his brother in the backline in 2022 ...

Maddragon99

Juniors
Reported today Dufty being eyed up by Warriors as a replacement for RTS who's off to Union in 2022....i guess Ramsay has always been earmarked as Dragons long term FB w Fegai II coming onto the wing to join his brother in the backline in 2022 ...
Wasn’t hard to see this coming I predicted it yesterday on the Rumours thread. Nathan Brown loves pinching our players. But then again it’s been said many times you can’t keep them all.

BLM01

First Grade
Reported by whom.. Fox Sports...or someone on this forum?

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Wasn’t hard to see this coming I predicted it yesterday on the Rumours thread. Nathan Brown loves pinching our players. But then again it’s been said many times you can’t keep them all.

Not so sure you can claim this as a prediction yesterday.

Fox Sports 2 days ago said he was one option for them as he was coming off contract and supposedly bitter about not being offered one yet... ..putting 2 and 2 together as these smart reporters can

N.B. He did not sound like or appeared to say those words as quoted by Fox in his press conference but hey they must of edited that out?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not so sure you can claim this as a prediction yesterday.

Fox Sports 2 days ago said he was one option for them as he was coming off contract and supposedly bitter about not being offered one yet... ..putting 2 and 2 together as these smart reporters can

N.B. He did not sound like or appeared to say those words as quoted by Fox in his press conference but hey they must of edited that out?
I wasn’t aware of the Fox report or any other report. I didn’t even know RTS was code hopping until yesterday. I predicted Brown’s interest in Dufty because of his track record of pinching our players. Or relieving us in Aiken’s case.

Gareth67

First Grade
I could swear that it was hinted at - Duffy possibly leaving and joining Brown a couple of months backs ?

Could be wrong , but regardless I am predicting a big year for the Duff under the guidance of Griffin . I reckon that his try tally this season will be the best he has had and try assists for that matter .

Should this be the case then I am just as sure that Griffo will have a quiet word with him about remaining at the Big Red V .