What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Would be great to get him but i could only imagine his buy price would be very expensive so dont know if we could justify the $$$$

I have only just read the Tele. qld redvee , and it’s certainly good to know that we are in the hunt for Crichton . A number of members have said for some time now , that the Dragons should get in early and make a concrete offer to the chap .

I do hope that it is a substantial offer , one that will have him earnestly thinking about switching to the Big Red V , but this can only be accomplished if we are prepared to pay for a quality player of his ability . If we are after a ‘ David Jones ‘ purchase , then we cannot expect to pay a ‘ Best and Less ‘ price .

Last edited:

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I have only just read the Tele. qld redvee , and it’s certainly good to know that we are in the hunt for Crichton . A number of members have said for some time now , that the Dragons should get in early and make a concrete offer to the chap .

I do hope that it is a substantial offer , one that will have him earnestly thinking about switching to the Big Red V , but this can only be accomplished if we are prepared to pay for a quality player of his ability . If we are after a ‘ David Jones ‘ purchase , then we cannot expect to pay a ‘ Best and Less ‘ price .

You are correct G67,

A experienced top shelf forward could certainly help our younger forwards, by leading the way.

We can't expect to get him at a 'Less than Best' price and if Norman doesn't stand up and deliver this season, we can at least use his supposed 800k to assist in offering a combined Myer & David Jones contract for 2022, providing of course, he's in peak condition.

redv13

Bench
If we're being realistic there is no way we sign Chrichton if the Roosters want to keep him.

Even if we beat them on contract price we can't match them on real $ figures.
I’d be stunned if we signed Angus. Not going to happen so there is no use in getting our hopes up. If the chooks want him and he’s happy to stay we’re zero hope regardless of the $$$ offered. The chooks always find a way to keep a player they want

since77

Juniors
Harry Grant made Cook look pedestrian game 3 Origin last year. That kid is going to be a real gun.
Exactly. Cook has speed and that’s it. There’s a real glut of genuine smart dummy halves - has been for years. Cook has been lucky there’s been very little genuine competition for top level hookers. Barring injury, Cook will lose that Australian number nine 9 jersey by end of next year

Maddragon99

Juniors
The Roosters only lose who they want to lose, even if they have to pay them less than others are willing to pay! RTS is the exemption, however they managed to replace him with Teddy! Good luck! You had better get the Mad one onto it now!
I posted last week it’d take at least $900k to pinch Crichton & everyone scoffed at me. Hence my Staggs theory to get a younger cheaper prospect.. No way Crichton leaves the Rorters for anything less that $900k

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’d be stunned if we signed Angus. Not going to happen so there is no use in getting our hopes up. If the chooks want him and he’s happy to stay we’re zero hope regardless of the $$$ offered. The chooks always find a way to keep a player they want
Well we’ve got the room in the cap it’s just a matter of the having the guts to pull the trigger. After the Hunt & Norman failures it wouldn’t be surprising if the club would be gun shy for big dollar signings. The thing that makes Crichton an exception is his age, 25 I think? Whereas Hunt & Norman had already passed the apexes of their careers. Crichton’s best footy is still ahead of him.

Gareth67

First Grade

Agree mate , he will in all likelihood stay with the tricolors as quite simply they have been at the top of the tree for many seasons now , whereas down our way we are merely in the shade of it .

However this is where the right people are required to put together a enticing deal - a package deal . Sell the beautiful area of Wollongong and its beaches , plus the surrounding hinterland . Contact our sponsors such as Holden to furnish a - for arguments sake a 4 door cabin off road Ute and really sell the history of the Big Red V .

And if all else fails then we will need to bring in the big gun that being our own possum :chipmunk: to contact his mate Millward and offer him his services ( free of charge of course ) in the negotiation process .

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hearing rumours that one of our players may have had a little too big a night out recently...

Watch this space..

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Look, I can’t COnfiRm or dEnY anything at this stage..

Show me the money!
Maybe some more Corey dollars??
75491f46b62dfd28d54d4cb023584c1a

Latest posts