What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2020/2021 (Mens and Womens)

Tweed Titan

Bench
The tippy tap brothers nick and run themselves into a position where they both throw away their wickets trying for the bash boost point. F***ing powder puffs couldn't hit the skin off a custard.

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha WTF I've got the BBQ on for dinner and I can't think I'll ever do it as well as Davies did to poor Sam Billings there

I don't understand the "take this long" talk from the commentators. Surely if you take that approach you're declining to play the ball on its merits. Why not just hit it when you can and don't when you can't?

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't understand the "take this long" talk from the commentators. Surely if you take that approach you're declining to play the ball on its merits. Why not just hit it when you can and don't when you can't?

To take it deep doesn't mean shutting up shop though. It's about being willing to take fewer risks, not lose your head and then have a huge crack late.

Eg keeping Cutting there to get to a situation where you need 30 off 12, rather than trying too hard and falling in a heap 2 overs and 30 runs short

To take it deep doesn't mean shutting up shop though. It's about being willing to take fewer risks, not lose your head and then have a huge crack late.

Eg keeping Cutting there to get to a situation where you need 30 off 12, rather than trying too hard and falling in a heap 2 overs and 30 runs short
But losing your head and trying too hard aren't what I'm suggesting. I think playing every ball on its merits is logically the optimum strategy. I believe people think otherwise because the longer you bat the more people think you increased your chances. And crashing out early doesn't really affect you much. More time to sink piss.