What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
you think those 10 to 25 year olds don't know who Manly is ?
Just suddenly changing Manlys name & having them play a few games at NSO isn't going to make a new club that used to be Manly any more appealing to anyone in that area.

A nthn team ended with the demise of the nthn eagles , great idea .. just badly handled ended up being a complete disaster.

the problem with suburbanism is exactly that. Why would a youngster in anywhere other than the peninsula want to support manly? It has no relevance to them and has historic baggage.
No just changing a name will make no difference, it needs to be a much more sophisticated business plan than that!

T-Boon

Coach
the problem with suburbanism is exactly that. Why would a youngster in anywhere other than the peninsula want to support manly? It has no relevance to them and has historic baggage.
No just changing a name will make no difference, it needs to be a much more sophisticated business plan than that!

Yes and unfortunately an NRL club would not bother with the hard work. So Manly to stay smallburban.

Suitman

Post Whore
Brookvale...

ab9c8e1b-8855-4fd8-8f08-c88aaeefce00-jpeg.989547

5ed5bd18-4375-481b-80ad-70558e458a35-jpeg.864221

T-Boon

Coach
Manly should forget about getting grandstands at Brookvale and just try to get bigger hills so they have a higher capacity. That would not cost much.

Suitman

Post Whore
It’s lipstick on a pig, the new stand won’t fix any of it’s problems.

It’s gonna need a knock down rebuild to fix any of it’s problems.

Oh, I completely agree. The place is a dump and an embarrassment to professional sport in the 21st century. I'm just providing the updates.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Oh, I completely agree. The place is a dump and an embarrassment to professional sport in the 21st century. I'm just providing the updates.
I wasn't having a go at you mate, just pointing out what a waste of time and money the upgrade is.

The saddest thing is that the upgrade will probably prevent any real investment into rectangular stadiums in North Sydney for at least the next couple of decades, which means that Manly have little hope of building a sustainable business any time soon.

If the clubs were run by savvy business people they'd be looking to relocate, but they aren't so the club will just wither on the vine unless they find angel investors to prop them up.

T-Boon

Coach
upload_2021-1-28_11-57-39.jpeg

No roof, no seats. How much could be saved. If they made Bankwest without a roof and with benches rather than seats how much would it have cost?