What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Capewell was replaced by Martin and To’o is a winger. No loss there!

Of course Capewell is a loss you idiot, he looked like one of the better edge forwards when he did play last season. Martin was already in the 17. Edwards missed a chunk of the season and Api missed some games but overall we did well with injuries.

Hooked

Juniors
Fox sports reporting Momirovski request for a release has been turned down.
The games continue.

Jane Murray

Bench
Our spine was damn near perfect in 2020. A standard that is hard to maintain let alone improve on. Put them behind a slightly inferior front row with a target on them and I think it's very difficult to maintain and improve upon 2020 form. Not impossible. But it's an extremely unrealistic expectation to think they can improve and maintain that form throughout the 2021 campaign and into the finals. If they even match it they have done incredibly well.

Tetevano and Tamou would without doubt be in our top 17 if still here. Leota would be the expendable one to fit Leniu in... Who was already part of our top 17 most weeks.

As answered already. Injuries. Especially in the spine. Edwards being the only one to miss much game time and it was mainly at the start of the season.. the covid break even reduced how many games he would miss.

Compared to a usual season of injuries for our club that was basically winning the lotto for us. We also rarely faced having injuries mount in a position at the same time to end up with our 8th choice winger, 5th choice half etc. Although really our luck was more just not having our usual bad luck. We werent completely unaffected. We just weren't cursed like normal.
Exactly. Again I wouldn't call that luck, I call it fitness levels, which were great last year.

soc123_au

Staff member
Exactly. Again I wouldn't call that luck, I call it fitness levels, which were great last year.
Fitness & conditioning certainly help on the injury front, but we did have a bit of luck not getting hit with the more freakish injuries like we usually do. Injuries like Sauce copped to his face have nothing to do with fitness.

betcats

Referee
Our spine was damn near perfect in 2020. A standard that is hard to maintain let alone improve on. Put them behind a slightly inferior front row with a target on them and I think it's very difficult to maintain and improve upon 2020 form. Not impossible. But it's an extremely unrealistic expectation to think they can improve and maintain that form throughout the 2021 campaign and into the finals. If they even match it they have done incredibly well.

Tetevano and Tamou would without doubt be in our top 17 if still here. Leota would be the expendable one to fit Leniu in... Who was already part of our top 17 most weeks.

As answered already. Injuries. Especially in the spine. Edwards being the only one to miss much game time and it was mainly at the start of the season.. the covid break even reduced how many games he would miss.

Compared to a usual season of injuries for our club that was basically winning the lotto for us. We also rarely faced having injuries mount in a position at the same time to end up with our 8th choice winger, 5th choice half etc. Although really our luck was more just not having our usual bad luck. We werent completely unaffected. We just weren't cursed like normal.

Our spine performed incredibly well no doubt but they were not perfect. We never really worked out Edwards role in our attacking plays for one thing. The balance between Cleary and Luai was a little off at times and I think both of their decision making can improve. Besides that I really dont think Nathan or Jarome are close to finished products.

As far as the forward pack goes, when Leniu was in the 17 Capewell was not for the most part. Leota may be the expendable prop at but he is good enough to start at a lot of clubs. The forward pack does not worry me, I can see that Tamou is a loss but I think we can cover it. We have some of the best forwards in the competition, rep players or borderline rep players at almost every spot. We have way to many good forwards to be worried besides injuries of course.

franklin2323

Immortal

As Fangs said. Who will catch us?

I don't see us losing only 1 game again but going to be hard to see us not getting the 16 wins needed for a top 4

Perhaps using the term “ far” was a tad intemperate, but your squad was super strong last year and caught the game unawares.

Good exciting footy, well-coached and well drilled. It was impressive.

I tend to agree with mx and will add Tamou’s leadership will be sorely missed.

Players now getting a bit precious about themselves, some things not managed well post gf -it’s a time for a bit of leadership and knuckle down.

Every game and every season is different.

Watching brief on the Smug this year. Big test for Ivan and staff.

I don’t think losing the gf will be as inspirational for you guys as other sides because of youth and relative inexperience.

I am sure people will disagree with me, but those are my thoughts.

Feather in your cap wt is smugging up. Should be flattered!

Shout out to kiks, love his game. Amazing player.

betcats

Referee
Tamou plays a basic game. Doesn't offload or break many tackles easier to replace someone like that than most people realise

Outside of his leadership its his defence that will be the biggest loss. He didnt smash guys but he made lots of one on one tackles that resulted in slow play the balls. In terms of running the ball I think Loeta and Leniu are both capable or replacing Jimmys impact, but im not sure about the defence though they were both good in that area last season.

The_Frog

First Grade
Edwards isn’t the best FB in the NRL, but he’s very good, he ticks a lot of boxes. Why would we even be looking at replacing him.
He doesn't do the sexy things like stepping defenders like Tedesco, but what he does goes unnoticed by many. His reading of the play from the back is outstanding, as is his ability to back up a line break.

GongPanther

Referee
Smh is reporting we are looking at momirovski for Laurie. They also said Jerome and Crichton have agreed to 3 year extensions and we are sorting out Yeo now. And they mentioned Burton is expected to start in the centres shead of Naden.
Read that this morning. Gave me a warm fuzzy feelin'.

Latest posts