What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

kinghippo

Juniors
So Madge would rather keep a player that’s asked for two releases, than have a player that improves your team.
That doesn’t sound right to me. I think there is more going on.
Momirovski must be feeling a bit unloved.
No matter how the tigers spin the transfer last season it was only ever about Grant.
A move to us can't be about $$ or even a secure first grade spot, he probably just wants out.

MugaB

Coach
Outside of his leadership its his defence that will be the biggest loss. He didnt smash guys but he made lots of one on one tackles that resulted in slow play the balls. In terms of running the ball I think Loeta and Leniu are both capable or replacing Jimmys impact, but im not sure about the defence though they were both good in that area last season.
That and giving nate a lot of clear room when in 5th tackle kikck option, he is mostly that wall in front of nate when he puts up those torpedos, i always see defenders rush up only to have to step around big JimmyTamou, but by then nate has already sent the ball a mile high, i wonder if Yeo will be our "wall half" this year

You don’t be doing illegal drugs before grand finals.

It’s not the drugs, it’s the stupidity of taking them.

If you’d won and he’s doped up, big issues.

If he’d scored the winning try, you’d could have been stripped of the title.

Millions of dollars and countless person hours, shot up his nose.

All these hard drug recreational folk, they support an industry that kills people. No good.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
That and giving nate a lot of clear room when in 5th tackle kikck option, he is mostly that wall in front of nate when he puts up those torpedos, i always see defenders rush up only to have to step around big JimmyTamou, but by then nate has already sent the ball a mile high, i wonder if Yeo will be our "wall half" this year

They will certainly get told to do it, whether they do it in the games as much as Tamou is another thing. But that is just coaching.

franklin2323

Immortal
Outside of his leadership its his defence that will be the biggest loss. He didnt smash guys but he made lots of one on one tackles that resulted in slow play the balls. In terms of running the ball I think Loeta and Leniu are both capable or replacing Jimmys impact, but im not sure about the defence though they were both good in that area last season.

For me I see Leota as the same style as Tamou. If Ivan goes with the 3 fulltime prop rotation then Martin can handle defence as well if not better

Whino

Bench
You can understand why Momirovski wants a release. He reportedly has been told he won't be starting ahead of brain fart Leilua and Roberts. Added to that he is off contract end of this year.
I don't know if it is to us but he will get his release.
It is like trying to knock over a vending machine on the 1st go. You rarely can. Better to rock it back and forward a few times. Then it goes over.

You can understand why Momirovski wants a release. He reportedly has been told he won't be starting ahead of brain fart Leilua and Roberts. Added to that he is off contract end of this year.
It is like trying to knock over a vending machine on the 1st go. You rarely can. Better to rock it back and forward a few times. Then it goes over.

Lol vending machine.

Momo isn’t strike. You put the cash in, you get your Kit Kat but it doesn’t give back the correct change.

Madge has been counselling the backline.

MugaB

Coach
Hahaha another lawn mower, how many players are keen on mowing lawns at the tigers, pretty soon they wont be any grass left, Momirovski isn't that good, if he was a foward i'd be calling him a plodder, but he ain't, we don't need him, we probably are well stocked to whatever he has to offer, he would suit Melbourne, they like dull run of the mill centres, that way they can pay them pittance, and spend on their spine/forwards,.... seriously how did we not beat storm in the GF with brenko lee on their team, he is worse than BJ leilua

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
if they do (especially if Leniu can consistently pump out big metres like the Brisbane game last season) it will be an upgrade on Tamou & Tetevano.

Yep Leota and Leniu are both good enough already to be starters IMO. One of them starting and one on the bench is not going to be a drop off from Tamou and Tetevano. Its the last prop on the bench and the depth prop where there are some question marks. Eisenhuth would be pretty good as a bench or depth player imo but we need another one like that and it would be nice if one of our young guys could be pushing for a debut at some point next season. We will have to wait and see on all that though.

The_Frog

First Grade
Leota would be the expendable one to fit Leniu in... Who was already part of our top 17 most weeks.
I think this is probably why they decided they didn't need Aussie Jim at the price he would have been asking. As I've said before, it's a damn good forward pack rotation that cannot find a place for Moses Leota.

maple_69

Bench
For all the ins and outs (mostly in the 18-21 spots) to the forwards/backs, the biggest difference in our side next year will be our spine. They played a dozen games together and will only get more clinical with another pre-season and season together.

We’ve lost some very experienced players but have got some very good experience into every player.

We’ve lost some very talented but raw depth forwards but added some experienced, reliable but low ceiling forward depth.

Staines for Sauce. Probably find a spot for Burton. Eisenhuth for Tetevano.

it’s basically a wash on paper for mine.

Hooked

Juniors
If the club has its heart set on Momirovski and the Tigers won't play ball. Stuff them and wait it out. We don't need to do anything with Laurie. We can play him in reserve grade all year if we want.
I wouldn't be bending over backwards for a trade we are not happy with.
Wait till the Tigers have lost a couple on the trot. Then they might come back to the table.

betcats

Referee
If the club has its heart set on Momirovski and the Tigers won't play ball. Stuff them and wait it out. We don't need to do anything with Laurie. We can play him in reserve grade all year if we want.
I wouldn't be bending over backwards for a trade we are not happy with.
Wait till the Tigers have lost a couple on the trot. Then they might come back to the table.

Yep Laurie could be an asset to us over the back half of the season and it seems like they need a fullback more than we need a Momirovski, we should play hard ball on that one.

The_Frog

First Grade
Who did it when Tamou was off? There's your answer.

Latest posts