What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Gareth67

First Grade
I tell you what the norm nowadays appears to be one in -all in , instead of a man taking on another man , without having an entire pack of thugs jumping in on the chap that is losing the blue .

My how times have changed.

As to Norman’s involvement I feel quite confident that he will beat the rap to lead the Dragons to our first premiership win since 2010 . :flushed:

Old Timer

Coach
Don't want to judge him without the facts and certainly would prefer he is proven to be innocent of causing the fight... but if he is found to be a perpetrator then we can't have people like that at the Dragons...

TBH your mind doesn't go to Norman when you think fighter... he is so laid back
Got named because he was seen swinging his hand bag at several people.

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL investigates Norman over street fight
  • National Sport
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

The NRL integrity unit is investigating Corey Norman's alleged involvement in a street brawl.
    St George Illawarra star Corey Norman is being investigated by the NRL's integrity unit for his alleged involvement in a street brawl in Cronulla on Friday night.

The incident was filmed by a bystander and aired by Channel 7 on Sunday showing a group of men pushing and shoving in an alley before punches are thrown.

It's unknown what involvement the 29-year-old former State of Origin star had in the brawl, but the club is investigating along with the NRL.

An NRL spokesperson said: "the NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the video and investigating the matter."

It's understood former NRL player James Segeyaro was also involved in the incident.

No arrests were made and NSW Police had not received a complaint as of Monday morning.

Norman is in the final year of a lucrative three-year contract with the Dragons, where he has played 37 games since the start of 2019.

The Dragons have been contacted for comment but are yet to release a statement.

Australian Associated Press
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7098867/nrl-investigates-norman-over-street-fight/?cs=7485

getsmarty

Immortal

• NRL Integrity Unit investigating Corey Norman over alleged Sydney street brawl
    The NRL Integrity Unit is investigating a Cronulla street brawl allegedly involving out of favour NRL star Corey Norman.

Tyson Otto

tottodtsport
    5bbb92088447596039ef931c71a3ec84

January 25, 20211:38pm
    e69ae1445312f473f987ba3e086be751

The NRL are investigating a brawl that took place in Cronulla on Friday night that allegedly involved a current player and a former player.Source:Supplied

Dragons star Corey Norman is reportedly the NRL player present during an alleged Sydney street brawl on Friday night.

The league announced earlier on Monday the NRL Integrity Unit is investigating the alleged Cronulla laneway incident.

58a9c188351975a707aaacf05314bd14

The NRL are investigating a brawl that took place in Cronulla on Friday night.Source:Supplied

Channel 7 first reported the incident involved one high profile player and another former NRL star.

The Daily Telegraph on Monday reported St George Illawarra playmaker Norman is the player under investigation. Former Cronulla and Penrith hooker James Segeyaro is also reported to have been present during the fight, which is reported to have involved at least eight men.

No charges have been laid.

Video has since emerged from the incident.

The NRL Integrity Unit is investigating claims a high-profile player and a former player were involved in a street brawl in Cronulla on Friday night. Video has surfaced showing around eight people arguing in a laneway before punches were thrown. https://t.co/TWh1KQycs4 #7NEWS pic.twitter.com/5nkONyKHJV

— 7NEWS Sydney (@7NewsSydney) January 24, 2021
    An NRL spokesman said on Monday: “The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the video and investigating the matter”.

The reports potentially further cloud Norman’s future in the NRL after he was reportedly linked with a trade to the English Super League last year — and was unwanted at the Dragons.

Norman was dropped by former coach Paul McGregor last year and is in the final year of his reported $850,000 per-season contract.

Norman was in 2016 fined $20,000 by the NRL over a range of indiscretions, including drug possession and his part in a sex tape scandal.

He was also fined $2000 by Parramatta in 2018 for drinking alcohol while sidelined with injury.

getsmarty

Immortal
‘Threatened to pull a knife’: Norman, Segeyaro break silence on alleged street brawl
NRL Premiership
  • January 25, 2021 3:50pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
823c29fcbffbae0071f39804da3b7d25

Corey Norman is being investigated over an alleged brawl in Cronulla.Source: Getty Images
St George Illawarra player Corey Norman is being investigated by the NRL over an alleged street fight in Sydney.

The alleged incident was filmed on a mobile phone in Cronulla last Friday night.

Norman is in the final season of a three-year St George Illawarra contract and is one of the Dragons highest paid players.

795113_640x360_large_20210125123822.jpg

NRL investigating street brawl

0:27
“The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the video and is investigating the matter,” an NRL spokesman said.

It is unclear at this stage what role Norman had in the alleged incident.

Former NRL player James Segeyaro is also understood to be part of the investigation.

The ex-Sharks hooker took to Instagram to give his side of the story after the incident writing in a statement: “Before the media have the opportunity to do their thing, we wanted to be fully transparent.

“Here’s what happened: The two boys were walking home after a dinner with two females, when they were approached by a group of four men.

“One of whom began to racially abuse Chicko (Segeyaro’s nickname), calling him the N word. An argument ensued and Corey came in to defuse the situation.

“He was then blindsided and a a fight broke out. It had all broken up when one of them threatened to pull a knife.

“As individuals and as a brand we will always stand up against racism. Corey let his club know the next morning and we have been in touch with the RLPA regarding the incident.”

Norman and Segeyaro are business partners in a clothing company called YKTR– which stands for “you know the rules”.

The incident is the latest blemish on the NRL this off-season.

Broncos big man Payne Haas was arrested and charged by police following an incident in Tweed Heads earlier this month.

Haas was charged with offensive language and intimidating police.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/5b62203704a1278dce3849224b9f7751

Maddragon99

Juniors
‘Threatened to pull a knife’: Norman, Segeyaro break silence on alleged street brawl
NRL Premiership
  • January 25, 2021 3:50pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
823c29fcbffbae0071f39804da3b7d25

Corey Norman is being investigated over an alleged brawl in Cronulla.Source: Getty Images
St George Illawarra player Corey Norman is being investigated by the NRL over an alleged street fight in Sydney.

The alleged incident was filmed on a mobile phone in Cronulla last Friday night.

Norman is in the final season of a three-year St George Illawarra contract and is one of the Dragons highest paid players.

795113_640x360_large_20210125123822.jpg

NRL investigating street brawl

0:27
“The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the video and is investigating the matter,” an NRL spokesman said.

It is unclear at this stage what role Norman had in the alleged incident.

Former NRL player James Segeyaro is also understood to be part of the investigation.

The ex-Sharks hooker took to Instagram to give his side of the story after the incident writing in a statement: “Before the media have the opportunity to do their thing, we wanted to be fully transparent.

“Here’s what happened: The two boys were walking home after a dinner with two females, when they were approached by a group of four men.

“One of whom began to racially abuse Chicko (Segeyaro’s nickname), calling him the N word. An argument ensued and Corey came in to defuse the situation.

“He was then blindsided and a a fight broke out. It had all broken up when one of them threatened to pull a knife.

“As individuals and as a brand we will always stand up against racism. Corey let his club know the next morning and we have been in touch with the RLPA regarding the incident.”

Norman and Segeyaro are business partners in a clothing company called YKTR– which stands for “you know the rules”.

The incident is the latest blemish on the NRL this off-season.

Broncos big man Payne Haas was arrested and charged by police following an incident in Tweed Heads earlier this month.

Haas was charged with offensive language and intimidating police.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/5b62203704a1278dce3849224b9f7751
Let’s hope Norman had a zero tolerance clause in his contract so we can finally be rid of him.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_darkscreen2.jpeg

DRAGONS

Dragons statement: Corey Norman
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 25 Jan 2021, 02:30 PM
Share on social media
The St George Illawarra Dragons are aware that Corey Norman was involved in an altercation on Friday night in Cronulla.

The Dragons are working with Corey and the NRL Integrity Unit to establish the facts around the matter.

The club will make no further comment.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/01/25/dragons-statement-corey-norman/

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cronulla at night can be a dangerous place.

Reports say they were approached by 4 men who let go with some racial abuse.

I have to say, when i heard of the location it was one of the first things i thought of.

Might be an idea to see how this plays out before we pass judgement.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Cronulla at night can be a dangerous place.

Reports say they were approached by 4 men who let go with some racial abuse.

I have to say, when i heard of the location it was one of the first things i thought of.

Might be an idea to see how this plays out before we pass judgement.

Yeah, easy to jump on the bandwagon and hope it’s a way to rid ourselves of Norman. However, it needs to be investigated prior to jumping to conclusions. I want him gone, but this should only be the means if deserved

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Must have been a shit hole of a place looking at the dress regulations. Given he is innocent until proven guilty what was he been doing out at the time. Let me say Corey is laughter he hasn’t been subjected to any testing

blue bags

First Grade
Statement from former flatmate that may save James Segeyaro

Former Broncos player James Segeyaro leaving a meeting with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority last November.

James Segeyaro is likely to face an NRL anti-doping tribunal in coming weeks. His ability to play rugby league again will be on the line after Sports Integrity Australia recommended that Segeyaro receive a four-year ban for returning a positive test to LGD 4033, better known as Ligandrol.

The NRL anti-doping tribunal has the power to reduce that sanction in certain circumstances. Among those circumstances is if there is no significant fault or negligence by the athlete concerned.

In that situation, the sanction can vary from a reprimand to a maximum of two years out of the sport.

This is where things get interesting for Segeyaro. The former Brisbane and Cronulla hooker tested positive for Ligandrol — the same substance that has sidelined swimmer Shayna Jack — late last year.

Since then, he and his legal team have been getting their ducks in a row as they attempt to clarify how the substance found its way into Segeyaro’s system. Segeyaro, 29, believes he ingested Ligandrol via the blender he shared with his housemate in Brisbane. The cynics out there would suggest Segeyaro is clutching at straws.

Exiled NRL star James Segeyaro and his wife Saryne are taking his fight against a positive drug test to an NRL anti-doping tribunal. Picture: David Swift
Yet Weekend Read has seen the statement provided to Sports Integrity Australia, formerly the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency, by Segeyaro’s former housemate. It describes in great detail how and why the flatmate got his hands on LGD 4033.

He says after he moved into the apartment that he eventually shared with Segeyaro, he was exhausted and had lost about 10-15kg due to injuries he had suffered while working in the Australian Defence Force.

“I had not been training and felt really unhealthy for about a month and not eating right,” he said in his statement.

“So to get back to trying to feel better and train I needed to try something to get back my appetite. A guy I knew at the gym told me about this LGD.

“He said that the LGD should work for me and help me out.”

He said he started using Ligandrol two or three times a week, at first taking a scoop of the powder directly into his mouth before he became repulsed by the taste. He then started mixing it with other substances.

“I would mix this in a blender I bought for that purpose to mix all my pre-workout drinks and supplements,” he said.

The blender was purchased from JB Hi-FI for $99.

“The drinks I made up varied each time from when it was either before training or after training or I would even make up a smoothie,” he said.

“I would add the water to the blender container and then either the protein powder, or whatever supplement I was taking at the time, and then also fruit every now and then.

“I would add the LGD 4033 in last. I would then blend the ingredients for about 20-30 seconds. All the powders would be pretty much dissolved after mixing it in the blender.”

As well as LGD 4033, he also said he used protein, C4 — pre-workout, L-tryptophan and acetyl-L-Carnitine. Crucially, he distanced Segeyaro from any use of Ligandrol.

“I did know James was a rugby league player who played for the Brisbane Broncos, but I did not know him personally until he moved into my apartment,” he said.

“As James was sharing my apartment he was free to use the blender as he wished. I know he did use it from time to time as I could hear it going, but I had no idea how much he used it when I was not at home.

“I used the LGD 4033 for my own use and did not share it with anyone else including James. When James was overseas he phoned me and told me that he had tested positive to Ligandrol (this was some time at the start of October 2019).

“He said ASADA did a test on him and that’s what was found. I did not know what Ligandrol was so I Googled it the same time as I was talking to James.

“That‘s when I released Ligandrol was LGD 4033. I told James I had been taking that. He asked me how and I told him it was through the blender.

“I told James I wanted to help him out, as I felt accountable as I brought him into my house and now he has lost his job.”

As for the blender, he says he threw it out.

“The metal blade was getting a bit old and rusty and after the impact of James testing positive I did not want it around anymore,” he said.

While he may not have the blender, he has supplied SIA with an invoice for the appliance at the centre of the drama.

He has also supplied SIA with an invoice for his purchase of LGD from a company called Redback SARMS Australia. The bottle cost $85.

Segeyaro’s future hangs on the testimony of a man he met only a matter of weeks after joining the Broncos. A four-year sentence would be the death knell on his career. Two years or less would at least leave him with some hope.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...o/news-story/c3baf8cc41e80a7e1498280f51cedcf2