What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
If the club has its heart set on Momirovski and the Tigers won't play ball. Stuff them and wait it out. We don't need to do anything with Laurie. We can play him in reserve grade all year if we want.
I wouldn't be bending over backwards for a trade we are not happy with.
Wait till the Tigers have lost a couple on the trot. Then they might come back to the table.

They're wanting to keep up the tough head office image. Honourable stance as long as it isn't hurting their recruitment too much.

Unfortunately they are low on the list of clubs players want to go to. When they produce some results on the field they will find it a bit easier in the player market.

Panfa

Juniors
Momorovski aint any better than what we got so dont even bother signing him.We have plenty of centre depth in chrichton naden burton jennings etc.I think our roster is fine all we need is maybe 1 more frontrower as cover if we get injuries thats it.

WestyLife

First Grade
Momorovski aint any better than what we got so dont even bother signing him.We have plenty of centre depth in chrichton naden burton jennings etc.I think our roster is fine all we need is maybe 1 more frontrower as cover if we get injuries thats it.

Burton is leaving in 2022, Naden seems to be on the out with Ivan and Jennings isn't exactly top tier. Momirovski was well liked by Bellamy which says something.

Abacus

Juniors
This is just an accounting trick. The cost of re-signing Crichton is 2.25 million for 3 years. That equates to 750k per year. As far as the cap goes you can offset some of this this year by upgrading his final year of his contract by 250k. If it makes you feel better you can say it’s only costing you 670k per year but in effect a three year extension is still costing you 2.25 million. No matter how you do your math, and whatever helps you sleep at night, that is a massive risk for a 1 year player who is a centre! Good luck!
This is just a dumb ass response from a shit club supporter paying overs to has beens.

Blade23

Juniors
Blade is there no interest in moving Martin to the middle as a bench prop that you're aware off? I know Ivan has said long term he views Martin's future as being in the middle once he loses a bit of speed. He plays similarly to Tetevano with his run hard and straight, tackle hard attitude and off the bench that worked very well for us last year. This way Capewell deservedly starts and we keep decent middle depth with Eisenhuth, Smith and Ava as backups. If Martin's big enough to play lock he's big enough to play prop.

I've noticed Martin makes a lot of tackles by the standard of second rowers. He seems extremely fit so I'd back him in to play some big minutes if he needs to do it.

The plan at the moment is to split his time between edge and middle. So Capewell can get more time on ground.

Latest posts