What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
Fantastic news!
Hopefully this will begin an avalanch of resigning announcements by the club.
Latrell
Junior
And the player that im most worried about, sua
In one nrl article sua was rated in the top 10 backrowers, and i feel he can only get better,he is shaping as the mongrel factor in our pack and as important a peice of our pack as anyone.
We are waiting to see how much money/cap is left after resigning before we commit to Amone and 1 more forward, in my view we are 1 prop/second rowe short, list those players retired or not resigned we have lost forwards not replaced

handyman2190

Bench
It is. Latrell and Tatola should be announced before the season.

Re Su’a there is a long way to go in negotiations in regards to his next deal!
What makes you say that?
I actually heard a couple of other teams have made offers, the merge and the rorters who may be thinking of retiring cordner,so i am disturbed

Rabbits20

Immortal
What makes you say that?
I actually heard a couple of other teams have made offers, the merge and the rorters who may be thinking of retiring cordner,so i am disturbed
I’ve heard from a close mate who went to training last week and asked Ello and he said there is quite a ways to go in regards to a contract for Su’a!

callmack1

Staff member
Not going to lie I'm concerned about the Su'A situation. He'd be one of our biggest losses to another club in quite some time if he was to go.

Travitoh

First Grade
I’ve heard from a close mate who went to training last week and asked Ello and he said there is quite a ways to go in regards to a contract for Su’a!

That sounds to me like Su'a isn't overly committed to Souths.
Either that or there is something about him that Souths don't like.

callmack1

Staff member
The Nominees for Front Row in the Menulog Team of the Decade has been revealed!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...menulog-team-of-the-decade-has-been-revealed/

Jeez that's the toughest position to pick so far!! So hard! I think George and Asotasi will be there for sure. Tatola will probably be the prop of the next decade and I'm hoping Tom will get a spot on the bench. Tyrrell is an absolute Souths legend but he probably just misses out sadly for mine.

handyman2190

Bench
I read the dragons trying to lure crighton,unfortunately he isnt the only one they are trying to lure, sua has also been targeted,which is why weve heard no news about resigning. Mark my words,if the rorters make crighton the same offer he is on now he wont leave, but sua who is on half of crightons money is more likely. It will be a blow!

Travitoh

First Grade
I read the dragons trying to lure crighton,unfortunately he isnt the only one they are trying to lure, sua has also been targeted,which is why weve heard no news about resigning. Mark my words,if the rorters make crighton the same offer he is on now he wont leave, but sua who is on half of crightons money is more likely. It will be a blow!

Can't re-sign someone who doesn't want to re-sign.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Breaking
Benji in talks to sign with Bunnies for Bennett reunion
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Wed 27 Jan 2021, 12:06 PM

Benji Marshall and Wayne Bennett are talking a Redfern reunion with the champion playmaker in negotiations with South Sydney for a 2021 swansong.

NRL.com understands Marshall has been floated a one-year contract by the Rabbitohs. The club has not made any official comment on discussions with Marshall and his management.

With Marshall just one month shy of his 36th birthday, Bennett has flagged a second lifeline for the Kiwi star four years after revitalising his career at Brisbane on a cut-price deal.

His signing would be made from a depth perspective for the Rabbitohs, offering cover to gun halves Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds alongside top 30 squad members Troy Dargan and Dean Hawkins.

Marshall had been facing an unceremonious end to his glittering NRL career as he spent the summer without a 2021 contract.

Wests Tigers informed Marshall last September that he would not be offered a deal for this coming season.

Talks were held with the Cowboys and Sharks only for both clubs to baulk at his asking price, while Marshall knocked back interest from Super League led by Hull FC, to stay in Sydney.

The potential Rabbitohs deal offers him a chance to do just that, with Marshall’s burgeoning media career at Fox Sports a factor in his desire to stay in Australia.

Linking with South Sydney would result in Marshall turning out for his fourth NRL club after two stints with the Tigers, St George Illawarra and Brisbane across 18 seasons.

With 324 NRL appearances, he requires eight more games to move past Adam Blair as the most-capped New Zealander in premiership history.

Rabbits20

Immortal
think this is a great signing just like the Lote one.

He will mentor our young halves as well.

If Cody or Reynolds go down we can now have confidence in a reliable steady hand in Benji.

Also Benji may play some games in the 14 jersey.

Jim Rockford

Bench
think this is a great signing just like the Lote one.

He will mentor our young halves as well.

If Cody or Reynolds go down we can now have confidence in a reliable steady hand in Benji.

Also Benji may play some games in the 14 jersey.
If this is just insurance in case of Reyno or Cody being unavailable then it's a smart move. I would also imagine we probably got him relatively cheap.