What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Vozzy

Juniors
Had not heard of it before but it has 3 seasons The Leftovers season 1 was great about to start season 2.

mackdadday

Juniors
The remake of the stand has been disappointing so far after four episodes. Not sure why they have decided to skip back abd forth through time rather then let the epic play out as it did in the book.

Finishing up American Gods season two just in time for the premier of season three tomorrow. Excellent cast and not afraid to expand into places the book didn't. Ian McShane is particularly effervescent.

mongoose

Coach
finally got around to watching Chernobyl - Simply Brilliant... i had no idea what a catastrophic mess they caused and the shit they had to do to try and clean it up...

azzah72

Bench
A few that I've watched recently.

Euphoria - great, confronting show, well worth it.

The flight attendant - pretty decent if not a little messy. Kayley Cuoco is great in it.

Finished Silicon Valley - f**k that is one of the great comedies that not many people talk about, so very good.

I may destroy you - f**king brilliant, really dark subject matter handled with such great poise and humour mixed well with compelling drama.

Ted lasso - this surprised me with how good it was, I like Jason sudekis but I thought he would Annoy the f**k out of me after the first episode but he didn't and it was probably one of my favourite watches recently, Juno temple is great too. I also hate soccer so this did well to win me over.

I'll also rep Mr inbetween again, if you haven't, watch it, it's fantastic.

Matua

Bench
A few that I've watched recently.

Euphoria - great, confronting show, well worth it.

The flight attendant - pretty decent if not a little messy. Kayley Cuoco is great in it.

Finished Silicon Valley - f**k that is one of the great comedies that not many people talk about, so very good.

I may destroy you - f**king brilliant, really dark subject matter handled with such great poise and humour mixed well with compelling drama.

Ted lasso - this surprised me with how good it was, I like Jason sudekis but I thought he would Annoy the f**k out of me after the first episode but he didn't and it was probably one of my favourite watches recently, Juno temple is great too. I also hate soccer so this did well to win me over.

I'll also rep Mr inbetween again, if you haven't, watch it, it's fantastic.
Agree on Euphoria, Ted Lasso and Mr InBetween. I think I need to give Silicon Valley another shot, I watched a lot of the first season but didn't warm to it - I wonder if it gets better the more you watch?

azzah72

Bench
Agree on Euphoria, Ted Lasso and Mr InBetween. I think I need to give Silicon Valley another shot, I watched a lot of the first season but didn't warm to it - I wonder if it gets better the more you watch?

I had a similar scenario, it totally gets better.

azzah72

Bench
Decided to binge the leftovers.

Great show, typical Lindelof style.

Lots of mystery, layers, characters & threads etc piling on top of each other.

Always well written and acted.

Thankfully, unlike lost, this one nailed the landing and finished up being a fantastic story.

Great tv. Truly beautiful.

It's funny in retrospect that this was his 'middle' show and then he did watchmen.

You can see he clearly learnt his lesson from lost in the leftovers and then nailed the formula for watchmen, which imo is f**king fantastic.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Something different. Been watching the 30 for 30 eps on Kayo. Some great history behind these and they are all so well done. Really enjoyed the Buster Douglas 42 to 1. I think they are all also on youtube.

Something different. Been watching the 30 for 30 eps on Kayo. Some great history behind these and they are all so well done. Really enjoyed the Buster Douglas 42 to 1. I think they are all also on youtube.

If you like the NFL, you should try these two, which I can thoroughly recommend -

The Four Falls of Buffalo; and
The '85 Bears

The first one one in particular, after watching it, has given me a real soft spot for the Buffalo Bills.

Dogs Of War

Coach
If you like the NFL, you should try these two, which I can thoroughly recommend -

The Four Falls of Buffalo; and
The '85 Bears

The first one one in particular, after watching it, has given me a real soft spot for the Buffalo Bills.

I watched those. If you love boxing. Tommy was another awesome one to watch. As well as No Mas.

I watched the Moss one last night which was interesting. And the Dennis Rodman was is incredible.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Crime Scene - Cecil Hotel, Dissaperance of Elisa Lam

First episode was very interesting, after that my God, some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen. It’s basically 3 hours of YouTube idiots coming up with conspiracy theories. Whoever gave these nerds a platform should be shot.

Reactions: PJ

Parra

Referee

First episode was very interesting, after that my God, some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen. It’s basically 3 hours of YouTube idiots coming up with conspiracy theories. Whoever gave these nerds a platform should be shot.

Shitty Netflix doco. There is an endless supply of this.

bileduct

Coach

Yeah this was f**king atrocious. I get that they wanted to show how that particular missing person case resulted in a bunch of internet hysteria from dickheads with too much time on their hands, but they didn't need to spend three whole f**king episodes on them.

I had to laugh at the chick who said "I've like, watched this creepy elevator video like, ten times like, now."

Bitch, anyone watching this stupid series has now seen it a hundred times.

And the fact that every time these internet dickheads encountered something that disproved one of their stupid conspiracy theories (such as the doors staying open because the girl pressed the "hold doors open" button") they just double down with even more bullshit.

If you look in the comments of any of the Youtube videos about this series they are full of internet dickheads that are still saying the hotel manager was in on it somehow.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I’m like 12 years too late but finally watched ‘The Wire.’ I got told it was like ‘The Shield’ which is probably my fav tv ever. I don’t think they are really similar at all, just cop shows on at the same time (2002-08) but yes it lived up to the hype.

The cops are only part of the show with the City of Baltimore being the main character. It focuses on everyone from street level dealers, higher level gang bangers, school kids, teachers, beat cops, detectives, police commissioners and all levels of city policitics up to the Mayor. Shows how one decision can effect every one of these people.

Each season starts a tad slow but it sucks you in. Season 4 would be just about the best season of any tv show I’ve seen. Absolutely brilliant and thought provoking. Extremely well acted too, particularly for tv.

You can tell why it has so many high profile fans (Barack Obama says it’s his favourite show ever). 10/10

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
So I started watching For All Mankind and after one episode I'm wondering if there's really any point to watching this. Can anyone else recommend?

Matua

Bench
So I started watching For All Mankind and after one episode I'm wondering if there's really any point to watching this. Can anyone else recommend?
It's the best scripted drama I watched last year, but I guess if you're not interested in the first episode then maybe it's not for you?

Apey

Staff member
Well I’m like 12 years too late but finally watched ‘The Wire.’ I got told it was like ‘The Shield’ which is probably my fav tv ever. I don’t think they are really similar at all, just cop shows on at the same time (2002-08) but yes it lived up to the hype.

The cops are only part of the show with the City of Baltimore being the main character. It focuses on everyone from street level dealers, higher level gang bangers, school kids, teachers, beat cops, detectives, police commissioners and all levels of city policitics up to the Mayor. Shows how one decision can effect every one of these people.

Each season starts a tad slow but it sucks you in. Season 4 would be just about the best season of any tv show I’ve seen. Absolutely brilliant and thought provoking. Extremely well acted too, particularly for tv.

You can tell why it has so many high profile fans (Barack Obama says it’s his favourite show ever). 10/10
You gimme the pussy now you gunna take my shoes?
wire-lessons.jpg

Latest posts