What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ok...so someone says racist remarks against you. Why can’t you just walk away from the situation? Call the cops and tell them to come down and deal with the situation? People think it’s ok to start throwing punches if you’re verbally abused?
You don't know who threw the first punch. Report says the thugs hit first after Norman tried to settle things down.

Not always that easy to walk away. Sounds like OUR player and his mate were outnumbered 4 to 2.

And call the cops? "Excuse me mate, don't hit me just yet, I need to ring 000, and just hang around for 30 minutes after blindsiding me... is that alright with you? Great, you're a champion!"

brissiedragon

Juniors
And another one! ;)
We all know the history thanks scoop.
Using history and throwing darts in the dark being an expert about the current situation is more the point
It is what the media do best.
And another one! ;)
We all know the history thanks scoop.
Using history and throwing darts in the dark being an expert about the current situation is more the point
It is what the media do best.
I was merely posting the link for clarity. Normans history is convicted of drug possession, sex tape scandal, warned by police for consorting with criminals etc. Trouble seems to follow him. Norman was in Cronulla in the presence of a person who also has a connected history. Maybe the club is keen to foster a better culture and maybe that means players choose their bedfellows a little more wisely.
Maybe you could be a little less condascending.

Maddragon99

Juniors
And who were poorly brought up by their parents. There is absolutely no reason to abuse a person because of their skin colour; that is of course, if that is really what happened.
Wow lots of love for Corey all of a sudden

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Would be interesting to see the reactions of people if someone like Lomax was in Norman’s place.....

Maddragon99

Juniors
Would be interesting to see the reactions of people if someone like Lomax was in Norman’s place.....
My money is on Lomax being too smart to ever put himself into this type of position. But then again 3yrs ago I would have said the same thing about JdB

BLM01

First Grade
I was merely posting the link for clarity. Normans history is convicted of drug possession, sex tape scandal, warned by police for consorting with criminals etc. Trouble seems to follow him. Norman was in Cronulla in the presence of a person who also has a connected history. Maybe the club is keen to foster a better culture and maybe that means players choose their bedfellows a little more wisely.

No Why?. There was no need for clarity. Who where you clarifying his past to?
There were plenty of posts in the last 24-48 hours here that have dredged up his past and linked it to last Friday night before BBTB's.
I will be less condascending when others are bit less judgmental on a current isolated incident who were not there based on video footage, then linking it to his past and their emotional dislike for him being in a Dragon jumper. I judge him only on his footy performances for us and they have been ordinary at best.
There were no charges laid. The NRL or Dragons will do little or no more publicly apart from brushing it under the carpet. So should we.

Last edited:
A few years down the track maybe if Lomax has been making the news for all the wrong reasons. Then we can get the pitchforks and torches out.
In the meantime it’s understandable people arcing up when Corey hits the news. Again.

I really hope he shines this year and improves onfield.
Otherwise he can slice up the oranges for Harold Matts for all I care.

BLM01

First Grade
I'd just like to know which Dragons supporter set this up and filmed it.
I know most supporters want to find a way to rid of Corey before the end of the year but this is going a bit far.
If it was Zac I'd be outraged and would blame anyone else except Zac and want the purpetrators jailed immediately. Then ask what happened.
Zac is not in the same cool dude class like Corey.

brissiedragon

Juniors
No Why?. There was no need for clarity. Who where you clarifying his past to?
There were plenty of posts in the last 24-48 hours here that have dredged up his past and linked it to last Friday night before BBTB's.
I will be less condascending when others are bit less judgmental on a current isolated incident who were not there based on video footage, then linking it to his past and their emotional dislike for him being in a Dragon jumper. I judge him only on his footy performances for us and they have beeen ordinary at best
There were no charges laid. The NRL or Dragons will do little or no more publicly apart from brushing it under the carpet. So should we.
So I'm judgemental and you are condascending. OK.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
You don't know who threw the first punch. Report says the thugs hit first after Norman tried to settle things down.

Not always that easy to walk away. Sounds like OUR player and his mate were outnumbered 4 to 2.

And call the cops? "Excuse me mate, don't hit me just yet, I need to ring 000, and just hang around for 30 minutes after blindsiding me... is that alright with you? Great, you're a champion!"

mate...no need to be a condescending dick...of course I don’t know what happened. Just saying, if someone racially abused them, instead of confronting them, How about walking away and then going to the cops.

It seems that a lot of people justify belting someone due to racism. Doing that is only lowering yourself to the racist prick.

how about being a grown up, and walking away if you can.

by all means. If they had no choice, and had to defend themselves. Then well done.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
So I'm judgemental and you are condascending. OK.
If you believe that then it is OK...but
"People" does not necessarily = you, and condascending was your word choice not mine, I just threw it back your way.
Anyway time to get out of the air con and back working in the yard. This has been a long lunch break.
Happy Australia Day.

brissiedragon

Juniors
If you believe that then it is OK...but
"People" does not necessarily = you, and condascending was your word choice not mine, I just threw it back your way.
Anyway time to get out of the air con and back working in the yard. This has been a long lunch break.
Happy Australia Day.
No, I called you condascending because you were condascending.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
mate...of course I don’t know what happened. Just saying, if someone racially abused them, instead of confronting them, How about walking away and then going to the cops.
I think I answered that, and again, we don't know the circumstances.

But y'know what, if there was racial abuse the thugs threw the first punch, then as far as I'm concerned the racists have put themselves out there... and quite frankly they deserve whatever they get. If that involves a slap, then it's all well and good in my books.

This whole business of "just walk away" is presumptuous and places the onus on the people under attack. It suggests that the victim of racial abuse is somehow in the wrong.

I can think of other incidents that made the news where people have been applauded for defending themselves or their friends/family. Not sure why it's considered different with Norman.

This whole thing will probably fizzle out in a few days.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just so you know...

Firstly, your link made no mention of the conviction, but that's ok because it's easily checked.

Secondly, the so-called sex tape scandal was actually an extortion attempt against Norman.

Thirdly, the police warning was just that, no crime committed. He was seen in a photograph, that's all.

And finally, alll this crap happened years ago. Penalty paid.

And totally irrelevant to the attack in Cronulla.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
mate...no need to be a condescending dick...of course I don’t know what happened. Just saying, if someone racially abused them, instead of confronting them, How about walking away and then going to the cops.

It seems that a lot of people justify belting someone due to racism. Doing that is only lowering yourself to the racist prick.

how about being a grown up, and walking away if you can.

by all means. If they had no choice, and had to defend themselves. Then well done.
Ha. So you edited your post to add insults. Sorry, too late, I already replied.

Don't worry, I won't be editing later on unless it's to improve my post.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I think I answered that, and again, we don't know the circumstances.

But y'know what, if there was racial abuse the thugs threw the first pinch, then as far as I'm concerned the racists have put themselves out there... and quite frankly they deserve whatever they get. If that involves a slap, then it's all well and good in my books.

This whole business of "just walk away" is presumptuous and places the onus on the people under attack. It suggests that the victim of racial abuse is somehow in the wrong.

I can think of other incidents that made the news where people have been applauded for defending themselves or their friends/family. Not sure why it's considered different with Norman.

This whole thing will probably fizzle out in a few days.

mate...here’s my take on it. And again...I don’t know what happened and I’m not going to make assumptions or put the blame on anyone.

If they had no choice...because idiots were throwing punches at them and/ or trying to stab them...then well done for defending themselves.

if 4 skinny 18 year olds who can’t control their piss and who couldn’t punch themselves out of a wet paper bag wanted to take on 2 strong fit footy players by calling them names...then maybe the footy players should take the high road and walk away.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Just so you know...

Firstly, your link made no mention of the conviction, but that's ok because it's easily checked.

Secondly, the so-called sex tape scandal was actually an extortion attempt against Norman.

Thirdly, the police warning was just that, no crime committed. He was seen in a photograph, that's all.

And finally, alll this crap happened years ago. Penalty paid.

And totally irrelevant to the attack in Cronulla.
Hey Willow why the man love for Norman? He did have some prior form before signing with us but we signed him anyway. I think most are hoping he had a one strike clause in his contract so this incident can be used to sack him. Personally I couldn’t give a rats if he’s guilty or innocent, I think Corey Norman’s lack of effort these past 2 years is a disgrace to our jersey I want him gone at the earliest opportunity.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Ha. So you edited your post to add insults. Sorry, tioo late, I already replied.

Don't worry, I won't be editing later on unless it's to improve my post.
Yeah...I did...not insulting you directly....after thinking about your post I thought you were being a bit of a dick...so I added that to my post...is that ok? *edit...I Didn’t realise editing posts was frowned upon so much...next time I’ll make sure I think long and hard before posting...if there’s anything I want to add...I’ll just bite me tongue.