What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
The laneway itself is hardly relevant.
Wrong place wrong time and far less likely to happen in main thoroughfares and if it did then CCTV etc would be available to assist.

As I said elsewhere laneways are often the haunts of layabouts, larrikins and louts and can be the home of nefarious activities and a good place to avoid especially if you have females in your company and you have a somewhat heavily scrutinised lifestyle and have kept some dubious company.

BLM01

First Grade
Wrong place wrong time and far less likely to happen in main thoroughfares and if it did then CCTV etc would be available to assist.

As I said elsewhere laneways are often the haunts of layabouts, larrikins and louts and can be the home of nefarious activities and a good place to avoid especially if you have females in your company and you have a somewhat heavily scrutinised lifestyle and have kept some dubious company.

Did not like much of a dark dinghy neferious activity laneway with plenty of lighting and even a truck with its lights on. more of a normal street than a laneway to me.
Who needs CCTV footage when you have phones.

Anyway lets carry on with the media reporting of a laneway, it sounds more exciting that way and newsworthy and easier to lay the boot in about what was he doing there at that time and location based on his history. blah blah
(@Old Timer this lat sentence is a general statement and not directed at you incase you get cranky)

BTW I dont want him playing 1st grade either for us this year as much as anyone else on this forum but I aint the coach and the liklihood is he will regardless unless his trial, game and training form warrants dropping.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Mate, you weren't there. Let's keep it to a short bow for the time being.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mate, you weren't there. Let's keep it to a short bow for the time being.
Guilty, innocent or even a victim. Norman should never have been out in Cronulla in the first place. He should have been home resting drinking banana smoothies.

Hasn’t anything been learned from the JdB incident? Norman’s a senior & should have known better.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Guilty, innocent or even a victim. Norman should never have been out in Cronulla in the first place. He should have been home resting drinking banana smoothies.

Hasn’t anything been learned from the JdB incident? Norman’s a senior & should have known better.
He went out to dinner. It was early in the evening. People are allowed to go out.

BLM01

First Grade

Banana smoothies are bad for you when in pre-season training under their strict dietary regime.
This compares to JDB's full day and night out. I know you are only joking here so I wont bite! ;)
But send Corey a message and ask what happened, or when you next catch up with him for a yarn.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Banana smoothies are bad for you when in pre-season training under their strict dietary regime.
This compares to JDB's full day and night out. I know you are only joking here so I wont bite! ;)
But send Corey a message and ask what happened, or when you next catch up with him for a yarn.
Yes mate banana smoothie comment was tongue in cheek. More suggesting that idiots like Norman have no place at our club. I want the place full of utter professionals who’d never put themselves in a compromising positions or ever big the Red V into disrepute.

Crush

Coach
Isn’t Cronulla ‘Blacktown by the sea?’ :joy::joy:
Cronulla is a beautiful place to live. My kids go to Cronulla high school and its a great community for families.
Being a beachside suburb it is a destination for people who live in the other suburbs of Sydney, mainly the South West. They like to walk down the mall with boom boxes and can be pretty intimidating in their large groups. That's only on weekends though, Mon-Fri this place is paradise.
I'm not sure if that makes Cronulla "Blacktown by the sea"?
But I sure am happy to live in the Cronulla area.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes mate banana smoothie comment was tongue in cheek. More suggesting that idiots like Norman have no place at our club. I want the place full of utter professionals who’d never put themselves in a compromising positions or ever big the Red V into disrepute.
I’m not a fan of him on the field but this was a nothing incident. He doesn’t deserve to have his career ruined for this. I actually find it a bit sickening that people are hoping this is worse than what it is so we can get him off the books. If he did something genuinely bad fair enough but this was nothing, even if there was no actual racism there still are a lot of dickheads that want to make a name for themselves out there. Let’s move on he is with us this year and will be judged on the field, if he doesn’t perform he will be out.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I’m not a fan of him on the field but this was a nothing incident. He doesn’t deserve to have his career ruined for this. I actually find it a bit sickening that people are hoping this is worse than what it is so we can get him off the books. If he did something genuinely bad fair enough but this was nothing, even if there was no actual racism there still are a lot of dickheads that want to make a name for themselves out there. Let’s move on he is with us this year and will be judged on the field, if he doesn’t perform he will be out.

Excellent summation and to the point of this whole 'incident'.

As you say its a nothing incident, no charges laid and by reports Norman notified the Club of it.

If people want to compare 'events' they need to take a look at the NAS incident in Bali in 2019. Much more worse than this. He was given 3 weeks by the NRL, no contract torn up, and actual outcry of the severity of the punishment.

I dont think Norman has much to worry about.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/f8ad4f70b4f4130332c57a4696436d16

Thanks @redVinme

I am always bumping into @Disillusioned Tiger around other forums. Lol.

We like our SGI and the odd foray to Panthers.

When the aliens finally take over the United Nations I just hope they are wearing a “ Who cares, we call it a f**king merge too @Willow “ hoodie.

Not that he will believe it and promptly go to argue with them and destroy interplanetary peace.

Latest posts