What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Fangs

Coach
Wasn't a bad player. Didn't hit the heights most of us expected. Just sad to hear he passed away so young.

soc123_au

Staff member
Very sad to hear someone dying so young. I have good memories of watching him in the NYC, he looked like he had a big future back then.

kinghippo

Juniors
Anthony Griffin has his work cut out for him.
I think dragons may get the spoon this year. They have a lot of troubles and I just don't see Griffin as the man to sort them out.
Loosing mcInnes, the Izzy drama, de belin, Duffy contract issues, Norman fights and even trying to sign McCullough all makes me think there is big trouble ahead.

The_Frog

First Grade
Two ex-Panthers won boxing matches last night in Townsville. Craig Gower beat Matt Bowen in a unanimous non-hometown decision that has copped some criticism. Sandor Earl dropped Justin Hodges within 30 seconds, something that will please a few people I expect, but the latter continued to the finish only to lose anyway.

WestyLife

First Grade
Two ex-Panthers won boxing matches last night in Townsville. Craig Gower beat Matt Bowen in a unanimous non-hometown decision that has copped some criticism. Sandor Earl dropped Justin Hodges within 30 seconds, something that will please a few people I expect, but the latter continued to the finish only to lose anyway.

A lot of people went off on the Gower decision. Didn't watch myself.

Jane Murray

Bench
Former Papuan New Guinean international James Segeyaro will be free to resume his playing career in June after he was handed a 20-month suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Chaired by the Ian Callinan AC QC with panellists Dr Sharron Flahive and Sean Garlick, the triubnal found Segeyaro breached the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy in September, 2019 when he tested positive to the presence of Di-Hydroxy LGD-4033 (Ligandrol).

The tribunal found that the 30-year-old, who was playing for the Broncos at the time after stints with the Cowboys, Panthers and Sharks, bore a significant degree of responsibility for the positive result but ruled he had not intentionally taken the Ligandrol.

It was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance.

As the tribunal was satisfied that the doping was not intentional, Segeyaro was entitled to a reduced sanction under the WADA Code.

His ban has been backdated to when he was provisionally suspended on October 3, 2019, which means he would be eligible to be registered again as a player on June 2.

panthersam

Juniors
Former Papuan New Guinean international James Segeyaro will be free to resume his playing career in June after he was handed a 20-month suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Chaired by the Ian Callinan AC QC with panellists Dr Sharron Flahive and Sean Garlick, the triubnal found Segeyaro breached the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy in September, 2019 when he tested positive to the presence of Di-Hydroxy LGD-4033 (Ligandrol).

The tribunal found that the 30-year-old, who was playing for the Broncos at the time after stints with the Cowboys, Panthers and Sharks, bore a significant degree of responsibility for the positive result but ruled he had not intentionally taken the Ligandrol.

It was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance.

As the tribunal was satisfied that the doping was not intentional, Segeyaro was entitled to a reduced sanction under the WADA Code.

His ban has been backdated to when he was provisionally suspended on October 3, 2019, which means he would be eligible to be registered again as a player on June 2.

Happy to hear that Chicko hasn’t been rubbed out the game, plenty of teams that will be able to use a player like him in their squad!

panthersam

Juniors
To be honest, I think Seggy would be very lucky to pick up another contract. He is a human wrecking ball.

If a player like Matt Lodge currently has an NRL contract, anything James has done in his life wouldn’t even come close to that - I have no doubt he will get another contract and bring great value to whatever team does pick him up.

WestyLife

First Grade
If a player like Matt Lodge currently has an NRL contract, anything James has done in his life wouldn’t even come close to that - I have no doubt he will get another contract and bring great value to whatever team does pick him up.

Whataboutism. Doesn't matter what others have done. He was also done for PEDs.