What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If you believe that then it is OK...but
"People" does not necessarily = you, and condascending was your word choice not mine, I just threw it back your way.
Anyway time to get out of the air con and back working in the yard. This has been a long lunch break.
Happy Australia Day.
Make sure you have enough amber fluids to quench that thirst.
Happy Invasion Day.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Hey Willow why the man love for Norman? He did have some prior form before signing with us but we signed him anyway. I think most are hoping he had a one strike clause in his contract so this incident can be used to sack him. Personally I couldn’t give a rats if he’s guilty or innocent, I think Corey Norman’s lack of effort these past 2 years is a disgrace to our jersey I want him gone at the earliest opportunity.

maybe Willow has been a victim of racial abuse in the past and he’s empathising with Norman?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah...I did...not insulting you directly....after thinking about your post I thought you were being a bit of a dick...so I added that to my post...is that ok? *edit...I Didn’t realise editing posts was frowned upon so much...next time I’ll make sure I think long and hard before posting...if there’s anything I want to add...I’ll just bite me tongue.
I read it, then turned to my better half and asked, "am i a condendcending dick?" She said, "Yes" lol.

It was actually a joke mate. I borrowed it from Jim Jeffries and his US gun laws routine. I'll see if I can find it.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I read it, then turned to my better half and asked, "am i a condendcending dick?" Shhe said, "Yes" lol.

It was actually a joke mate. I borrowed it from Jim Jeffries and his US gun laws routine. I'll see if I can find it.
Ha...all good mate.

brissiedragon

Juniors
Just so you know...

Firstly, your link made no mention of the conviction, but that's ok because it's easily checked.

Secondly, the so-called sex tape scandal was actually an extortion attempt against Norman.

Thirdly, the police warning was just that, no crime committed. He was seen in a photograph, that's all.

And finally, alll this crap happened years ago. Penalty paid.

And totally irrelevant to the attack in Cronulla.
1. My link was in directly related to bbtb inability to remember that incident. The other indiscretions were referenced because it is my opinion that he makes bad choices and he was in the company of someone who doesn't help him be a better person.
2. Refer 1.
3. Refer 1.

At no point have I said he did any thing wrong last week. I'm entitled to have an opinion on the character of a person
I also try to avoid being condascending just like I avoid editing posts after posting to add an insult.

slippery5

Juniors
I'd say a good mate should have urged his friend and business partner to walk away. The safety of the girls, his mate and Norman himself should be paramount. If offended walk away and call the cops using your mobile.
Reports are, that's what he was doing, until blindsided.
John Williamson said it best , "is it standing by your mate when he's in a fight, Hey true Blue".

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
You're starting to reveal yourself a bit too much.
Sorry mate. You can’t really tell someone’s context from what they write. And I can see how what I said sounds like a bit of a merkin thing to say. I apologise. But I was actually sticking up for you. (Sorry if it came across as being a bit of a merkin thing to say).

as someone from an ethnic background myself...I can empathise with Norman (to a degree) about being racially abused. Sorry if I sounded like a dick.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1. My link was in directly related to bbtb inability to remember that incident. The other indiscretions were referenced because it is my opinion that he makes bad choices and he was in the company of someone who doesn't help him be a better person.
2. Refer 1.
3. Refer 1.

At no point have I said he did any thing wrong last week. I'm entitled to have an opinion on the character of a person
I also try to avoid being condascending just like I avoid editing posts after posting to add an insult.
I get it, you're passing a moral judgement. Already noted.

But it was years ago and has nothing to do with yesterday.

I wasn't being condescending. I was responding to your post. No one is having a go at you. Please look up the word.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey Willow why the man love for Norman? He did have some prior form before signing with us but we signed him anyway. I think most are hoping he had a one strike clause in his contract so this incident can be used to sack him. Personally I couldn’t give a rats if he’s guilty or innocent, I think Corey Norman’s lack of effort these past 2 years is a disgrace to our jersey I want him gone at the earliest opportunity.
There's a difference between the player and the private individual. You're trying to create scenarios in the hope that he'll get the flick. Of course everyone is entitled to dream.

You can think that most are hoping there's a one strike clause with Norman, but I don't think you represent the view of the majority.

possm

Coach
Would be interesting to see the reactions of people if someone like Lomax was in Norman’s place.....
We have only heard one side of the story so far. I'm interested in hearing both sides of the story.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I say let’s try him in a Kangaroo Court ( this very forum will do ) and regardless if he is found guilty or guilty - hang draw and quarter the mug !

kangaroo-court-1.jpg

possm

Coach
Well I'm not one to mince words on this.
One of the girls could have called the cops while Norman sweet talked the gang of four until they arrived. I mean someone was using their phone to video the action. Norman, his mate and two girls were never going to win a fist fight with a gang of 4 or more men.

The choice to walk down a dark lane at night, in Cronulla, with two girls, was a very poor decision. To put these girls, your career and your personal safety at risk was nothing other than stupid. I'd say they were very lucky that a knife was not pulled.

I wonder why it is taking so long to hear the other side of this story. Right now we only have one side which is bound to favour the story teller.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
One of the girls could have called the cops while Norman sweet talked the gang of four until they arrived. I mean someone was using their phone to video the action. Norman, his mate and two girls were never going to win a fist fight with a gang of 4 or more men.

The choice to walk down a dark lane at night, in Cronulla, with two girls, was a very poor decision. To put these girls, your career and your personal safety at risk was nothing other than stupid. I'd say they were very lucky that a knife was not pulled.

I wonder why it is taking so long to hear the other side of this story. Right now we only have one side which is bound to favour the story teller.
You can't just write the script for these things. And imo what you think should have been happening sounds unrealistic.

A few questions if I may....

How do you know the police were not called?
How do you know they didn't win the fight? Or at least hold their own?
How do you know it was a dark laneway?

We don't know how 'dangerous' the location was and people should be free to walk home without being attacked.

Btw, the report said that a knife was pulled.

Unlikely you'll hear the other side of the story from the attackers, because it appears that they've taken off.

And why is there this desire to pin blame on the people who were attacked?

Latest posts