What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2020/2021 (Mens and Womens)

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha the media slob Warnies knob too....woke up this morning not knowing the result, looked on my news app on the way to the office and the story is "Shane Warne slams Sixers tactics!"

They f**ken won at a canter but the headline is their tactics just cos Warnie had a rant...

DeeJ

Bench
Haha the media slob Warnies knob too....woke up this morning not knowing the result, looked on my news app on the way to the office and the story is "Shane Warne slams Sixers tactics!"

They f**ken won at a canter but the headline is their tactics just cos Warnie had a rant...

Everything is slams, bashes, etc these days. Headlines are full hyperbole. They put that together with some comments Warne makes during commentary and shit out an article.

jargan83

Coach
Warne probably has long-term memories of the VB Series in 2001/02, where South Africa denied Australia the bonus point at the WACA (a match Warne was involved in), and subsequently put the Aussies out of finals contention.

He probably blames Steve Waugh for VB series in 2001/02.

Id bet you my mortgage that had the situation been reversed and the Stars only needed the Bash Bonus point he would have gushed praise for the Stars batting for it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Finals are here, came around quick :p

Friday 29/1 Gabba
Heat v Strikers - loser eliminated

Saturday 30/1 Manuka Oval
Sixers v Scorchers - Winner will host Final, loser second chance

Sunday 31/1 Manuka Oval
Thunder v loser 29/1 - loser eliminated

CHALLENGER Thursday 4/2
31/1 winner v 30/1 loser

FINAL Saturday 6/2
Challenger winner v 30/1 winner

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Warne probably has long-term memories of the VB Series in 2001/02, where South Africa denied Australia the bonus point at the WACA (a match Warne was involved in), and subsequently put the Aussies out of finals contention.

If I remember going back to that series, NZ beat us in a game at Adelaide with a bonus point, ensuring that they'll make the final, then they got smashed by SAF which meant they got the bonus point and so we really needed that extra point to make the finals. Even though we won that last game at the WACA, we didnt get the bonus point and therefore out of the finals. Although it seemed a bit suss that NZ SAF match to avoid playing Australia at the end of the day the Aussie performances were disappointed. The whole series was so tight, wouldve been interesting if they didnt have the bonus point system.

no name

Coach
Haha I lost enjoyed the Stards fans saying the Mark Waugh dropped Uzi so the Thunder could beat the Stards in the final....what the actual f**k??
And that Uzi was plumb and they would have definitely won if he was given out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Strikers won toss and will bat

Brisbane Heat: Sam Heazlett, Chris Lynn (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Joe Denly, Joe Burns, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Lewis Gregory, Mark Steketee, Xavier Bartlett, Mitch Swepson, Ben Laughlin

X-factor subs: Jack Wildermuth, Morne Morkel

Adelaide Strikers: Jake Weatherald, Alex Carey (wk), Phil Salt, Travis Head (c), Matt Renshaw, Michael Neser, Daniel Worrall, Danny Briggs, Wes Agar, Liam O'Connor, Peter Siddle

X-factor subs: Jonathan Wells, Harry Nielsen