What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Impressive stats no doubt. Always rated Luai long before anyone on here did.

700k or more is big dollars. I’m not sure it is a bargain he has still only played 40 or so games so I would have thought a deal around 500-600k was probably reasonable.

Luai is easily worth 700. Mitchell Pearce is making a million this year along with Ben hunt and Dce. God knows what keary and wighton are getting but Luai is easily in their class. 700 seems cheap for Luai imo.

MugaB

Coach
He was in the first 17 and his backup played in the gf.
Yeah but nah, he was at centre for his first 3 games, then got pushed to the wing in game 4 vs titans, after 3 handling errors in his 1st and 3rd games, replaced! by brenko lee at centre, then got put to the reserves on his last game vs bronx before his injury ... so five games, marion seve and brenko lee were rotating in that centre position thru out the year, im fairly sure lee earnt his spot over momo.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai is easily worth 700. Mitchell Pearce is making a million this year along with Ben hunt and Dce. God knows what keary and wighton are getting but Luai is easily in their class. 700 seems cheap for Luai imo.

Keary $700k. Signed a 4 year extension for $2.8m

franklin2323

Immortal
The thing is the lengths. 3 years is just right allows the player room if they earn a raise. Also if it goes the other way. Really turns into 2 years because can let him go somewhere else

betcats

Referee
Jarome will be ok he seems to have a great attitude off the field. His back half of 2020 was amazing, some of line break assists were as good as I have seen from any half in terms of ball playing skill.

mxlegend99

Referee
Luai is a half. He has shown loyalty and patience and his signing is in same ball park a centre is demanding after one season.

$700k for Luai is very good IMO. Halves with that potential and delivering on it as he did have been able to get much more quiet easily. Thank god he actually loves this club. He could probably get $900k+ elsewhere if he truly wanted to.

Jane Murray

Bench
Luai is a half. He has shown loyalty and patience and his signing is in same ball park a centre is demanding after one season.

$700k for Luai is very good IMO. Halves with that potential and delivering on it as he did have been able to get much more quiet easily. Thank god he actually loves this club. He could probably get $900k+ elsewhere if he truly wanted to.
No one knows for sure that is what Crichton, or more so what his manager, is demanding.

MugaB

Coach
Jarome will be ok he seems to have a great attitude off the field. His back half of 2020 was amazing, some of line break assists were as good as I have seen from any half in terms of ball playing skill.
Yes barba and hayne aren't exact the role models that Luai most likely is, as a young father, and passionate about the club and respectful towards fans and staff, i'd say he will have a much longer and stable career than the likes of jarryd "bite me" hayne or ben "beatem up" barba

MugaB

Coach
No one knows for sure that is what Crichton, or more so what his manager, is demanding.
I think they've sold him as "fullback/spine" money, will probably shift there as soon as edwards has a dip in form or end of his extention, which won't be till 2023 season, so hopefully, something happens in 2022 for either of them coz i can only see one of them staying by '23, and my preference is edwards moving into centre position at some point. Just so we can keep them both in our top 13.
I kinda like how we have our backline right now, but that greasy manager of Chrictons will push for another upgrade to get stephen playing fullback at 1m by '23.

Jane Murray

Bench
I think they've sold him as "fullback/spine" money, will probably shift there as soon as edwards has a dip in form or end of his extention, which won't be till 2023 season, so hopefully, something happens in 2022 for either of them coz i can only see one of them staying by '23, and my preference is edwards moving into centre position at some point. Just so we can keep them both im our top 13.
I kinda like how we have our backline right now, but that greasy manager of Chrictons will push for another upgrade to get stephen playing fullback at 1m by '23.
I like that too, however, what about Staines?

MugaB

Coach
I like that too, however, what about Staines?
We"ll see how fast charlie the "Ferrari" is this year, i doubt anyone will move him from winger if he performs as good as he has the past 100 minutes of 1st grade, won't be able to go anywhere...

If he does well cements his wing spot, if he doesn't losses it, i don't think fullback will be an option now that Edwards and Crichton are there, they would both have to be injured for Staines to get a string of consistent games to prove his worth there, otherwise his blinding speed has unfortunately made him wingman material, the club went so far as to move on mansour a year early just to see to that, could have easily left staines playing fullback in nsw cup, waiting for another call up after edwards gets a rest/injury, and played mansour on that wing on senior wage, as it was already part of this years cap

Jane Murray

Bench
We"ll see how fast charlie the "Ferrari" is this year, i doubt anyone will move him from winger if he performs as good as he has the past 100 minutes of 1st grade, won't be able to go anywhere...

If he does well cements his wing spot, if he doesn't losses it, i don't think fullback will be an option now that Edwards and Crichton are there, they would both have to be injured for Staines to get a string of consistent games to prove his worth there, otherwise his blinding speed has unfortunately made him wingman material, the club went so far as to move on mansour a year early just to see to that, could have easily left staines playing fullback in nsw cup, waiting for another call up after edwards gets a rest/injury, and played mansour on that wing on senior wage, as it was already part of this years cap
Or Staines, in the future, can be a centre?