What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
2 “swap” type deals we’ve walked away from for Laurie - 1 with Mansour included and 2 with Momo ..So Laurie can’t be that special..so why bother with him. He is the second fullback we’ve recruited that we don’t even know if he can play fullback.. AD couldn’t is Laurie the same.Likely

I have no idea if Laurie is the answer at fullback. I think AD was pretty good there but I think he will be better elsewhere.

I have no idea if the Mansour deal was a deal or the Momo deal is a deal. How do you have inside information on these deals ?

My opinion is that the club will definitely do a deal of Momo for Laurie. I should add that is my opinion only because I don't have inside information but I expect the club has Momo well done the pecking order as per the articles we've seen recently.

WA Tiger

Bench
I have no idea if Laurie is the answer at fullback. I think AD was pretty good there but I think he will be better elsewhere.

I have no idea if the Mansour deal was a deal or the Momo deal is a deal. How do you have inside information on these deals ?

My opinion is that the club will definitely do a deal of Momo for Laurie. I should add that is my opinion only because I don't have inside information but I expect the club has Momo well done the pecking order as per the articles we've seen recently.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/la...ear-1-75m-rabbitohs-deal-20210124-p56whv.html

this has been posted a couple of times above stating the Momo / Laurie deal is on the table but 40/20 posted today we wouldn’t let Momo go. so I went with that..Last I new me and Gallagher were the only backers of the Laurie / Momo swap(from last night and today’s posts etc ) but ok...I thought it was a good idea assuming Laurie’s a good enough player but our recruiters apparently thought different...The other “swap” from Penrith included us getting Laurie but had to include Mansaur who wanted 3 years while we didn’t budge on 2 years...so 2 chances to get Laurie passed by
Both deals were in the SMH and posted

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/la...ear-1-75m-rabbitohs-deal-20210124-p56whv.html

this has been posted a couple of times above stating the Momo / Laurie deal is on the table but 40/20 posted today we wouldn’t let Momo go. so I went with that..Last I new me and Gallagher were the only backers of the Laurie / Momo swap(from last night and today’s posts etc ) but ok...I thought it was a good idea assuming Laurie’s a good enough player but our recruiters apparently thought different...The other “swap” from Penrith included us getting Laurie but had to include Mansaur who wanted 3 years while we didn’t budge on 2 years...so 2 chances to get Laurie passed by
Why does all this matter, the clubs or the players didn't want the swaps to happen, so they didn't.

I hope we get Laurie, but I don't think he is going to be our saviour, I am not sure, he has played many NRL games at all. If he does come this year, I wouldn't expect him to play NRL for a while.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Why does all this matter, the clubs or the players didn't want the swaps to happen, so they didn't.

I hope we get Laurie, but I don't think he is going to be our saviour, I am not sure, he has played many NRL games at all. If he does come this year, I wouldn't expect him to play NRL for a while.

If Laurie does come I doubt he makes fullback his own until atleast a few games in. Team chemistry is everything when playing out the back, plus he'd need to know the set play calls, know the set defensive structures from the back of his head etc.

Tiger05

First Grade

Here is the thing. These aren't facts. The papers continually write dribble. I wouldn't take that Mansour trade. I'd happily take the Momo for Laurie trade but I bet the club would as well.

I'm just stating the club seems to handling their shit pretty well now. I thought losing Aloiai was dumb but I wouldn't pay him what Manly were offering him so I get letting him go.

I think you are assuming our recruiters are getting it wrong but from what I can see they are getting it right. I reckon the club is trying really hard to get Laurie but I don't see him as first choice fullback at all. Hopefully he can get that role during the season and he kills it but I think it's putting too much pressure on him straight off the bat. We do need Laurie because Mbye is a risk. Laurie is as well but at least we have some options then.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Here is the thing. These aren't facts. The papers continually write dribble. I wouldn't take that Mansour trade. I'd happily take the Momo for Laurie trade but I bet the club would as well.

I'm just stating the club seems to handling their shit pretty well now. I thought losing Aloiai was dumb but I wouldn't pay him what Manly were offering him so I get letting him go.

I think you are assuming our recruiters are getting it wrong but from what I can see they are getting it right. I reckon the club is trying really hard to get Laurie but I don't see him as first choice fullback at all. Hopefully he can get that role during the season and he kills it but I think it's putting too much pressure on him straight off the bat. We do need Laurie because Mbye is a risk. Laurie is as well but at least we have some options then.

Yeah good point re: Laurie. Fullback is not an easy position to walk in to, especially if it's a new team and your still a rookie.

I guess it's even more reason we need Laurie this year. Ease him into the role and push Mbye to bench as a super sub.

I highly doubt Mbye will stick around further than 2021. He's been unable to cement a specific starting position and the club has been pretty active trying to recruit players for positions he can play.

I know the whole Chriton play was just to piss Penrith off, but I wonder if club sees Laurie as a future 5/8? If so, I imagine they will be going after a fullback in 2022 when all the cash from Packer (and probably Mbye) frees up

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye will be gone and his career in pieces unless he has a huge year and I doubt anyone thinks he has it in him. I still think he will start at 1 even if we get Laurie unless Laurie kills it. That is assuming we get him early. I hope we do get him early.

I'd like to think though Laurie gets the spot based on form at some point during the year. I figure the club views Laurie as an option at 6 or 1.

It'll be interesting how we go this year and how much money we have to spend for 2022. I mean we can sign players now for that season. There honestly isn't a lot of players on the market though. Worst case we just keep picking up good quality juniors and some will develop. At some point though we are going to have to upgrade some players.

I hope the club keeps trying to get good juniors though. I think we have to recruit like Melbourne and have more and more good players coming through.

Mbye will be gone and his career in pieces unless he has a huge year and I doubt anyone thinks he has it in him. I still think he will start at 1 even if we get Laurie unless Laurie kills it. That is assuming we get him early. I hope we do get him early.

I'd like to think though Laurie gets the spot based on form at some point during the year. I figure the club views Laurie as an option at 6 or 1.

It'll be interesting how we go this year and how much money we have to spend for 2022. I mean we can sign players now for that season. There honestly isn't a lot of players on the market though. Worst case we just keep picking up good quality juniors and some will develop. At some point though we are going to have to upgrade some players.

I hope the club keeps trying to get good juniors though. I think we have to recruit like Melbourne and have more and more good players coming through.
Surely Madden is our next planned 6. He may even get a crack in Rd1 if Momirovski gets his way. Fresh rumours on another Tigers site is that Laurie will arrive by Thursday. No word who the swap will be with. No doubt to be taken with a grain of salt but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
It’s great to see the panthers turning in to a Ivan Cleary side. Losing talent and receiving park footy players at best in return. He is going to pay more for player that are already at the club for a better result than he had last year. Good on ya Ivan, stick ur salami as far up as you can. Panthers to miss the 8 in 2021.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
It’s great to see the panthers turning in to a Ivan Cleary side. Losing talent and receiving park footy players at best in return. He is going to pay more for player that are already at the club for a better result than he had last year. Good on ya Ivan, stick ur salami as far up as you can. Panthers to miss the 8 in 2021.
Just don’t do the salami thing with ur son Ivan than we might have to call you inbred, you dirty dog. Lol

WA Tiger

Bench

Where do I get my “Inside information” ? This isn’t the CIA, I stumble over this stuff without any effort every day..Read the posts and u might too..
Maybe all that u read is Dribble ..SMH is always accurate on facts. Opinions - at times, may be not...

No my point was not a general point about the club not knowing how to recruit ..Not sure what Aloiai and AD has got to do with the Laurie swap??? Your on Woffle mode

My point is pretty straight forward except it seems for you and the Like machine....If the club won’t guarantee Momo a starting spot and they won’t release him for a Laurie swap then WT can’t think Lauries much good right? and is therefore surplus to requirements..a common thread at WT yes? .. so why buy him

Surely we should be trying to release mediocre players not bring more into the club..there’s enough of them here already

Saying Laurie will be no good for a while then suddenly he will be better than Mbye because he needs time to develop is fanciful..A player who plays fullback and is recruited as an NRL fullback doesn’t suddenly become a good fullback after 6 months....If he’s good he will slot straight in with some training sessions obviously ...and Im sure if Lauries serious which I’m sure he is, then M he will know the WT players names already..

Maybe WT still arnt sure how good Laurie is. Maybe he is a good player and will make an immediate impact. WT need to make the right decision. One things for sure we don’t need an Mbye or a mini Mbye at fullback this year if we want to move up the ladder. Our spine is shit. That’s why we are picked as bottom 4 and fair enough

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
@WA Tiger - I'm not stating what you are stating I am stating.

I'll try and break it down for you:-

1. There is no evidence the Tigers won't trade Momo for Laurie. I assume they will. I assume this because I can't see the club picking Momo in the top team unless there are a fair few injuries or players go off the rails.
2. I have no idea if Laurie will be ready for round 1. He has limited first grade experience. He is currently on a development contract for Penrith. I think based on those details plus he hasn't been training with us plus Mbye being there that he won't get the spot for round 1.
3. Mbye to my understanding has been training at fullback. Mbye isn't a terrible player. He just isn't great. He is though a first grader and since he has been training in the tullback role I expect him to start there for round 1.

=> I think you are arguing that the Tigers are refusing to trade Momo for Laurie when I there is no evidence for that plus from what I've read the club are actively trying to get Laurie. My understanding is also that Momo has been informed he is going to be a back-up player for first grade this year.

I actually think we have pretty similar ideas in relation to releasing Momo and getting Laurie. I'm just not stating Laurie walks straight into the fullback role or stating that the club won't do the trade. The difference in opinion appears to be that you think Laurie walks into the fullback spot and the club won't do the trade.

Tigerm

First Grade
Where do I get my “Inside information” ? This isn’t the CIA, I stumble over this stuff without any effort every day..Read the posts and u might too..
Maybe all that u read is Dribble ..SMH are always accurate on facts. Opinions - at times, may be not...

No my point was not a general point about the club not knowing how to recruit ..Not sure what Aloiai and AD has got to do with the Laurie swap??? Your on Woffle mode

My point is pretty straight forward except it seems for you and the Like machine....If the club won’t guarantee Momo a starting spot and they won’t release him for a Laurie swap then WT can’t think Lauries much good right? and is therefore surplus to requirements..a common thread at WT yes? .. so why buy him

Surely we should be trying to release mediocre players not bring more into the club..there’s enough of them here already

Saying Laurie will be no good for a while then suddenly he will be better than Mbye because he needs time to develop is fanciful..A player who plays fullback and is recruited as an NRL fullback doesn’t suddenly become a good fullback after 6 months....If he’s good he will slot straight in with some training sessions obviously ...and Im sure if Lauries serious which I’m sure he is, then M he will know the WT players names already..

Maybe WT still arnt sure how good Laurie is. Maybe he is a good player and will make an immediate impact. WT need to make the right decision. One things for sure we don’t need an Mbye or a mini Mbye at fullback this year if we want to move up the ladder. Our spine is shit. That’s why we are picked as bottom 4 and fair enough
It might as simple as they want both players here, not everyone will be playing first grade FFS.

Latest posts