What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Jersey No 14

Juniors
He said - She said
Just send this guy back to park football and be done with him.
There's got to be a leeson in there. - You would think!
There is more team disharmony with this guys than the whole De Belin thing.
I'm sick of reading stuff which show us (wholly) as fools.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It’s beyond me how they can tell that it is Norman or anyone for that matter in that grainy video - hell it could even be Donald the Frump for all we know ? ? :thinking:
Nine appeared to have tidied up the video a bit and with a little help from a large monitor you can sort of see what happened.

Looks like they are confronted on at least two sides. It's not a dimly lit laneway as some people want to believe. There's a truck in the street and parked cars, and other people wandering around.

There's one bloke in particular in a black t-shirt who looks keen to fight. The other three are his back up.

It also looks like one of the women is waving the would-be attackers away but they seem reluctant to do so. AND.... it looks like Norman and Segeyaro are trying to walk away but that's easier said than done. Segeyaro in particular is finding his way blocked and then the bloke in the black t-shirt starts thumping him, someone else joins in and suddenly it's two on one with Segeyaro cornered against a wall. A third and fourth attacker hang in close and look like they're ready to join in.

Norman comes over and appears to be trying to get between the attackers and his mate. One of the attackers then thumps Norman in the side of the head, a coward punch.

Then it's on. Someone hits the deck briefly, looks like Segeyaro and there are at least three blokes hitting into him. But it's mostly a stand up fight.

From that point on, Norman and Segeyaro appear to be holding their own and the thugs are backing down. There's a clear line of four attackers with Norman and Segeyaro standing between them and the women. The courageous four appear to be having second thoughts. This street bashing wasn't turning out the way they wanted.

It was all over inside of a minute.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/corey-...e-threat/b5cfba6f-8bb9-4ef7-9606-2680b76ef480

Of course we have no idea what happened immediately beforehand or afterwards, but the video seems to back up Norman's and Segeyaro's version of events.

brissiedragon

Juniors
I get it, you're passing a moral judgement. Already noted.

But it was years ago and has nothing to do with yesterday.

I wasn't being condescending. I was responding to your post. No one is having a go at you. Please look up the word.

Nine appeared to have tidied up the video a bit and with a little help from a large monitor you can sort of see what happened.

Looks like they are confronted on at least two sides. It's a street. it's not a dimly lit laneway as some people want to believe. There's a truck in the street and parked cars either side, and other people wandering around.

There's one bloke in particular in a black t-shirt who looks keen to fight. The other three are his back up.

It also looks like one of the women is waving the would-be attackers away but they seem reluctant to do so. AND.... it looks like Norman and Segeyaro are trying to walk away but that's easier said than done. Segeyaro in particular is finding his way blocked and then the bloke in the black t-shirt starts thumping him, someone else joins in and suddenly it's two on one with Segeyaro cornered against a wall. A third and fourth attacker hang in close and look like they're ready to join in.

Norman comes over and appears to be trying to get between the attackers and his mate. One of the attackers then thumps Norman in the side of the head, a coward punch.

Then it's on. Someone hits the deck briefly, looks like Segeyaro and there are at least three blokes hitting into him. But it's mostly a stand up fight.

From that point on, Norman and Segeyaro appear to be holding their own and the thugs are backing down. There's a clear line of four attackers with Norman and Segeyaro standing between them and the women. The courageous four appear to be having second thoughts. This street bashing wasn't turning out the way they wanted.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/corey-...e-threat/b5cfba6f-8bb9-4ef7-9606-2680b76ef480

Of course we have no idea what happened immediately beforehand or afterwards, but the video seems to back up Norman's and Segeyaro's version of events.

Why the commentary? As well as being unnecessary you have laced the commentary with a lot of speculation, "appears", "looks like". "this street bashing wasn't turning out the way they wanted", "but the video seems to back up Norman's and Segeyaro's version of events." How do you know it was a street bashing? How do you know who instigated the brawl? How do you know who said what and what were the circumstances involved? How do you know their full version of the events?

Answers: You don't

Your quick to respond to me when I have an opinion on his character (given his choice of current acquaintances and their checkered pasts, which I believe is a valid position) and also take the moral high ground with posters who have opinions about the Cronulla incident, yet you make numerous assumptions which you cite as factual in your post above. In the matter of the incident, both the police and the NRL Integrity Unit are investigating. I would suggest that they are better placed than you to investigate.
I expect more from a forum admin.

SBD82

Coach
Good point Gareth. Can someone please tell me what time this alleged event occurred, would be helpful.
In saying that, I will say what I have previously said on this forum.
These people have at right to a social life life just like me and you. The difference between them and us is simple. THEY are a public figure, WE are not. Corey NORMAN earns more money than the Prime Minister of Australia. You do not see Scott Morrison walking down streets at night in an area that some describe as, undesirable. You do not see the the Prime Minister of Australia or the opposition leader yelling and screaming at a poker machine because they have won an amount of money equilvent to, 2 or 3 % of his salary. Bearing in mind that this video footage was viewed by children who are watching one of their idols screaming at a poker machine. ???
Corey NORMAN and the majority of others 1st grade footballers have the financial wealth to dine out in areas of Sydney where this event would not have occurred. Some people may say I am picking on Corey NORMAN. I am not. I am just stating fact. Can someone please tell me the last time Pat Cummings, Ash Bartley, Adam Scott or Lance Franklin were caught in the same situation. I think not. Yes Corey you may have been abused but you are figure head, a role model that children look up to. You have a right to a social life, but how and where you spend that social life rests with YOU
By virtue of Scomo’s presence, every street that he walks down is undesirable.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why the commentary? As well as being unnecessary you have laced the commentary with a lot of speculation, "appears", "looks like". "this street bashing wasn't turning out the way they wanted", "but the video seems to back up Norman's and Segeyaro's version of events." How do you know it was a street bashing? How do you know who instigated the brawl? How do you know who said what and what were the circumstances involved? How do you know their full version of the events?
Obviously you don't like what I posted. You disagree my view, that's fine.

FTR, I did say, "Of course we have no idea what happened immediately beforehand or afterwards." But you chose to miss that part.
Answers: You don't
I saw the video and that's what I saw.

Friendly tip, don't tell others what they are thinking. It's very condescending.
Your quick to respond to me when I have an opinion on his character (given his choice of current acquaintances and their checkered pasts, which I believe is a valid position) and also take the moral high ground with posters who have opinions about the Cronulla incident,
Nah, I responded to your post. That's all. You were the one with the morality angle, don't dump that on me.
yet you make numerous assumptions which you cite as factual in your post above. In the matter of the incident, both the police and the NRL Integrity Unit are investigating. I would suggest that they are better placed than you to investigate.
I provided a link. The video is worth analysing if you have a decent monitor and know how to use the pause function. I used my words correctly so as to keep it open for debate. If you don't like my summary, then post your own.

Looks like you've just got issues with me having a different view.
I expect more from a forum admin.
Oh, more morality. lol. What are you saying, that I should just shut up?

possm

Coach
You can't just write the script for these things imo what you think should have been happening sounds unrealistic.

A few questions if I may....

How do you know the police were not called?
How do you know they didn't win the fight? Or at least hold their own?
How do you know it was a dark laneway?

We don't know how 'dangerous' the location was and people should be free to walk home without being attacked.

Btw, the report said that a knife was pulled.

Unlikely you'll hear the other side of the story from the attackers, because it appears that they've taken off.

And why is there this desire to pin blame on the people who were attacked?
As I said in a previous post, we can only go on what has been told by one side and not on what has not been revealed as yet.

I have a question for you. Would you be happy if one of these girls were your daughter? I have 3 adult daughters and can tell you that I would be very surprised to find them in this situation but if it happened, I would be ropable.

In earlier reports the police stated that they had received no complaints in relation to this matter. Taking a taxi would have avoided all of this.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As I said in a previous post, we can only go on what has been told by one side and not on what has not been revealed as yet.

I have a question for you. Would you be happy if one of these girls were your daughter? I have 3 adult daughters and can tell you that I would be very surprised to find them in this situation but if it happened, I would be ropable.

In earlier reports the police stated that they had received no complaints in relation to this matter. Taking a taxi would have avoided all of this.
Turns out the police were called. As I suggested earlier, the attackers had taken off by the time the police arrived.

"About 9:40pm last Friday (22 January 2021), police responded to reports of a brawl involving up to eight people in Surf Lane, Cronulla," a police statement read.

"Police patrolled the area; however, the group had dispersed prior to their arrival.

"Officers from Sutherland Shire Police Area Command are making inquiries into the matter."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-league/police-investigate-brawl-involving-norman-ng-s-2046857

It has nothing to do with whose daughters they are. These are grown adults and they are entitled to go out to a restaurant and walk home with friends without being attacked. Putting the onus of blame on the victims is poor form imo.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard he had to quickly duck into an alleyway after a dinner in engadine.
Does Engadine Maccas count as a restaurant?

And it has to be a dark and narrow alleyway, otherwise it doesn't have the same aura.

SBD82

Coach
Does Engadine Maccas count as a restaurant?

It has to be dark and narrow alleyway, otherwise it doesn't have the same aura.
From the way it was reported, there was definitely a threatening aura emerging from a dark and narrow alleyway.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors

What's with the victim blaming...

Gareth67

First Grade

Looks like they are confronted on at least two sides. It's not a dimly lit laneway as some people want to believe. There's a truck in the street and parked cars, and other people wandering around.

Sad .

I am pleased that they were able to polish up the video images - that should now clear both Norman and Segearro and allow them some semblance of innocence .

However back to the pack of hyenas whom were waiting to jump in after the initial king hits , all I can say is that it is indeed a sad reflection of todays younger man .

I am not suggesting that is the norm as it is not , but there have been countless incidents over the years of this ‘ pack ‘ mentality - many against a single or as in this case two people .

Sad .

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I am pleased that they were able to polish up the video images - that should now clear both Norman and Segearro and allow them some semblance of innocence .

However back to the pack of hyenas whom were waiting to jump in after the initial king hits , all I can say is that it is indeed a sad reflection of todays younger man .

I am not suggesting that is the norm as it is not , but there have been countless incidents over the years of this ‘ pack ‘ mentality - many against a single or as in this case two people .

Sad .
It's certainly hard to be the diplomat in situations like that. Unfortunately it's not new. Only talking from personal experience.

I was glad to see whoever it was that hit the deck get up again so quickly. The ground is not a good place to be when surrounded by deadshits.