What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
@WA Tiger - I'm not stating what you are stating I am stating.

I'll try and break it down for you:-

1. There is no evidence the Tigers won't trade Momo for Laurie. I assume they will. I assume this because I can't see the club picking Momo in the top team unless there are a fair few injuries or players go off the rails.
2. I have no idea if Laurie will be ready for round 1. He has limited first grade experience. He is currently on a development contract for Penrith. I think based on those details plus he hasn't been training with us plus Mbye being there that he won't get the spot for round 1.
3. Mbye to my understanding has been training at fullback. Mbye isn't a terrible player. He just isn't great. He is though a first grader and since he has been training in the tullback role I expect him to start there for round 1.

=> I think you are arguing that the Tigers are refusing to trade Momo for Laurie when I there is no evidence for that plus from what I've read the club are actively trying to get Laurie. My understanding is also that Momo has been informed he is going to be a back-up player for first grade this year.

I actually think we have pretty similar ideas in relation to releasing Momo and getting Laurie. I'm just not stating Laurie walks straight into the fullback role or stating that the club won't do the trade. The difference in opinion appears to be that you think Laurie walks into the fullback spot and the club won't do the trade.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...e/news-story/700e41093f463a448f487e58f756eda3

Tiger05

First Grade
As I predicted. Winners always find a way. I told him about you M.. He said he come back and flay your angry arse

He isn't going to displace Souths halves though. Maybe he gets a spot off the bench. Still he is a great back-up.

I'd have him here no problems but I'd only have him here as a back-up option and I can understand the club letting him go. He has such a history with us

Tiger05

First Grade

WA Tiger

Bench
This isn't saying anything about a trade though is it. This is about a release with no trade. I wouldn't trust trade rumors in the paper as well. I think the clubs work through that and there are a lot of additional details that matter.

Personally I'd be happy to release Momo without a trade but at the same time I can understand keeping him here.
Fair enough

He isn't going to displace Souths halves though. Maybe he gets a spot off the bench. Still he is a great back-up.

I'd have him here no problems but I'd only have him here as a back-up option and I can understand the club letting him go. He has such a history with us
Will Wayne teach him to tackle this time?

WA Tiger

Bench
He isn't going to displace Souths halves though. Maybe he gets a spot off the bench.
us
You’d hope not...It’d make WT look not clever if all those guns (including Mitchell) tear up the opposition coz they are getting the ball, with more times than not, a gap to run through ...Benji’s been waiting for this for a long time. I’m looking forward to it and prob so are they

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
You’d hope not...It’d make WT look not clever if all those guns (including Mitchell) tear up the opposition coz they are getting the ball, with more times than not a gap to run through ...Benji’s been waiting for this for a long time. I’m looking forward to it and prob so are they

Benji to me is a great player. Some of the tries he created for us last year were amazing. He is a special player. At the same time his defense last year was terrible.

I think it's time we moved on but I'll never forget how good he has been for us.

I hope he does well and I don't think it makes us look bad. I'd even have him here playing reserves but I don't think he wants that and I think he may be a disruptive influence just because he is a senior player and probably the best player Wests Tigers have produced.

axl rose

Bench
I haven't got a down load to attach, but apparently V'Landy is rumoured to want to bring back 3 grades for game day?
For the NSW teams I think. Was a good day out for diehards back in the day but people are fairly time short im not sure it matters anymore.

Putting covid restrictions to the side for a moment, but if there is a Reggies or a 3rd grade competition etc.one could argue that they have to play at some time so it may as well be before first grade.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Putting covid restrictions to the side for a moment, but if there is a Reggies or a 3rd grade competition etc.one could argue that they have to play at some time so it may as well be before first grade.

I would absolutely love to head out for 3 games. At the very least it means more time to talk rubbish and have a few laughs with your mates. Ahh, the good old days.