What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offseason Thread

18to87

First Grade
Stafford on the move once a trade is sorted out. 9ers, Pats, Colts the early names thrown up.

Guess Stafford didn't like the idea of adding kneecaps to his diet.
This, along with Watson, is going to make it the most interesting offseason in recent memory.

kurt faulk

Coach

Jared Goff is as good as gone from the Rams.

After the Rams lost to the packers Mcvay said Goff is their qb right now. Asked to clarify the next day he said goff needs to be evaluated. Who says that about their $34m qb?

Today Snead said that Goff is their qb right now. He threw in a "what's today jan 26" smart arse remark.

Who talks like that about their qb unless he won't be with them next season?

nick87

Coach
As i said 10 days ago, the Rams are in the same position as the eagles... maybe worse since they seem intent on moving on rather than fixing him
(or maybe better because they seem intent on moving on rather than fixing him :D )

kurt faulk

Coach
As i said 10 days ago, the Rams are in the same position as the eagles... maybe worse since they seem intent on moving on rather than fixing him
(or maybe better because they seem intent on moving on rather than fixing him :D )

How is it the same? Mcvay and goff have the 2nd most wins in the league since they joined forces. The Eagles are a dumpster fire who are forcing wentz onto their new coach.

I can't imagine they're trading goff and rolling with wolford. They must have deals already in place but unless it's for Watson or arod they better tread carefully. Finding a winning qb isn't easy in the nfl.

nick87

Coach
How is it the same? Mcvay and goff have the 2nd most wins in the league since they joined forces. The Eagles are a dumpster fire who are forcing wentz onto their new coach.

I can't imagine they're trading goff and rolling with wolford. They must have deals already in place but unless it's for Watson or arod they better tread carefully. Finding a winning qb isn't easy in the nfl.

It's the same because they both organisations signed their QB to big money extensions, and are now trying to get out of those contracts before the extension even kicks in and contemplating eating GIANT dead money cap hits.
You said it yourself, Goff is as good as gone, maybe not year because the cap situation is hard to figure out for them and as you say, they wont be jumping unless they can jump to something they feel is better. But like Wentz, unless something DRASTIC happens, Goff's days as a Ram. much like Wentz's as an Eagle, are numbered, dead cap be damned.

Ohh and just for the record... the rams might well be the 2nd winningest team in the league over this period, and the eagles might well be a dumpster fire... but at least we got a ring out of it. Your boys haven't got shit to show for it

kurt faulk

Coach

So the Rams Coaching staff has been decimated.

DC, gone. LB coach, gone. DB coach, gone. Passing coordinator, gone. Head Scout, gone.

If McVay didn't block the OC from going to the Chargers they would have needed to replace everyone.

The league is in love with Mcvay.

nick87

Coach
They're in a very curious spot. A certified STUD HC who with a good QB could be masterful as far as scheme goes, maybe the best DT to ever lace a boot, an elite shut down corner... Like that's a lot of peices and yet it feels to me like they're at a cross roads... the coaching staff as you said has been destroyed.

They're leaning into a QB controversy... I think they're one of of the most interesting teams in the NFL right now.

kurt faulk

Coach
They're in a very curious spot. A certified STUD HC who with a good QB could be masterful as far as scheme goes, maybe the best DT to ever lace a boot, an elite shut down corner... Like that's a lot of peices and yet it feels to me like they're at a cross roads... the coaching staff as you said has been destroyed.

They're leaning into a QB controversy... I think they're one of of the most interesting teams in the NFL right now.

Ah, the ol Mcvay is a genius, it can't possibly be his fault the offense is in neutral.

I think he needs to look in the mirror. It's not Goff's fault the oline turned into a dumpster fire overnight. To the point where they need to dink and dunk the whole season to keep the qb on his feet.

Mcvay has put up the white flag and is going for the quick fix. They're gonna get a dual threat qb. They can't fix the oline quick enough to help goff play at his peak. And if that qb is Watson look out.

there is no way the kneecaps guy lasts 2 seasons.

i don't know if the coach we hired wil be any good but its the chargers so it does not matter.
herbert is cool tho.

nick87

Coach
That would be quite a move and Watson with McVey would be fun a hell... But i dont think the rams have the assets to pull that off. They're competing against teams like the Jets who can offer them multiple firsts including a pick that would give them the choice of QB's behind Lawrence in this draft

kurt faulk

Coach
That would be quite a move and Watson with McVey would be fun a hell... But i dont think the rams have the assets to pull that off. They're competing against teams like the Jets who can offer them multiple firsts including a pick that would give them the choice of QB's behind Lawrence in this draft

I don't think Watson wants to go to a team worse than the one he's on now. He has to agree to the destination.

It all lines up. The non commitment from Mcvay and Snead, who never give anything away. Ramsey commenting on Watson's IG, always hinting he's coming to LA. Now he's openly saying Watson's coming to LA. They have the same agent.

Would these guys say any of those things if the deal wasn't already done?

kurt faulk

Coach
Are the Rams gonna pay him with monopoly money?

Jets, Dolphins or Pats for mine

If the Rams trade Goff away and trade for Watson they actually save on cap space this year. I think Watson only counts for around $10m this season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No cap space, no first rounder and a late second rounder.

I've got more chance of making Watson my butler than LA do of landing him.

nick87

Coach
No cap space, no first rounder and a late second rounder.

I've got more chance of making Watson my butler than LA do of landing him.

Exactly
What have the Rams got to give up to get Watson? Unless the Texans LOVE Goff and think he’s a franchise qb (and why would they, when even Rams don’t believe that and he is a very qb friendly system) then there is virtually nothing the Rams could offer than the jets or Miami couldn’t leave for dead

the nfl is a bizarre place at times where very weird things happen... but I don’t think the Rams have a snowballs chance in hell of getting him.

I actually don’t think Watson will be traded

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Well holy Damn, Stafford to the Rams for Goff

Attachments

• 39A3B157-5F1C-4F75-A302-7B0D2ABAEA03.png
    39A3B157-5F1C-4F75-A302-7B0D2ABAEA03.png
    436.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts