What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cloris Leachman has died aged 94.
Cloris was one of the main stars of The Mary Tyler Moore Show then had her own spin off called Phyllis, Cloris also starred in three Mel Brooks films, High Anxiety, Young Frankenstein and History Of the World part one.
She also won an oscar for The Last Picture Show, appeared in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, won 8 emmy awards and starred in the TV series. Malcom In the Middle.

RIP amazing lady.

soc123_au

Staff member
Cloris Leachman has died aged 94.
Cloris was one of the main stars of The Mary Tyler Moore Show then had her own spin off called Phyllis, Cloris also starred in three Mel Brooks films, High Anxiety, Young Frankenstein and History Of the World part one.
She also won an oscar for The Last Picture Show, appeared in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, won 8 emmy awards and starred in the TV series. Malcom In the Middle.

RIP amazing lady.

I'll have an ovaltine before bed tonight in her honour.

Sadly, Christopher Plummer has passed away at age 91 after a fall.

One of those actors who has had a lengthy career with some very good roles but will always be remembered as the patriarch of the Von Trapp family in Sound Of Music.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Sadly, Christopher Plummer has passed away at age 91 after a fall.

One of those actors who has had a lengthy career with some very good roles but will always be remembered as the patriarch of the Von Trapp family in Sound Of Music.

Yes very sad news to wake up to this morning, as you say he will always be remembered for his portrayal of Captain Von Trapp in The Sound Of Music but i also loved him in one of his final roles Knives Out.

RIP Christopher.

Yes very sad news to wake up to this morning, as you say he will always be remembered for his portrayal of Captain Von Trapp in The Sound Of Music but i also loved him in one of his final roles Knives Out.

RIP Christopher.

He was my first Sherlock Holmes in Murder By Decree, with James Mason as Dr Watson.
I measure all my Sherlock interpretations against Plummer.
A fine actor with a beautiful voice. Sad to see him gone.

horrie hastings

First Grade
He was my first Sherlock Holmes in Murder By Decree, with James Mason as Dr Watson.
I measure all my Sherlock interpretations against Plummer.
A fine actor with a beautiful voice. Sad to see him gone.

Yes i like Murder By Decree also and i haven't seen it in many years. I also want to point out his Oscar winning performance in Beginners also, so many layers to that movie and he rightfully won the Oscar for it. I honestly thought he would go on for ever.

horrie hastings

First Grade
While reading an article on Christopher Plummer , i found out that Hal Holbrook also passed away two weeks ago, another fine actor, he was 95, he starred in two of the big movies in the mid 70s, All The Presidents Men and Midway and was also in one of my favourite movies Capricorn One.

Last edited:
While reading an article on Christopher Plummer , i found out that Hal Holbrook also passed away two weeks ago, another fine actor, he was 95, he starred in two of the big movies in the mid 70s, All The Presidents Men and Midway and was also in one of my favourite movies Capricorn One.

Yes, Hal Holbrook apparently passed in late January but only just announced. A fine character actor too.