What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Amen Brother

Thanks Jim,

Just from what I’ve seen, most humble Souths players:

Adam Reynolds, Campbell Graham, Cameron Murray and way above them all, Damien Cook.

When Cook started getting all this media interest and praise a few years ago, he started turning red, looked bashful and almost embarrassed to be found of interest. Just a class act.

If anyone ever hears them put their own efforts above anyone else’s I’ll support the Broncos for the year. That will drive @SLRBRONCOS nuts.

Lu is a big forum, but if you are looking for forum love and laffs visit a broncos game day thread here and watch those broncos fans eat their own side up. Ask @Mr Spock! They are the pride of the lu game day forums.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Thanks Jim,

Just from what I’ve seen, most humble Souths players:

Adam Reynolds, Campbell Graham, Cameron Murray and way above them all, Damien Cook.

When Cook started getting all this media interest and praise a few years ago, he started turning red, looked bashful and almost embarrassed to be found of interest. Just a class act.

If anyone ever hears them put their own efforts above anyone else’s I’ll support the Broncos for the year. That will drive @SLRBRONCOS nuts.

Lu is a big forum, but if you are looking for forum love and laffs visit a broncos game day thread here and watch those broncos fans eat their own side up. Ask @Mr Spock! They are the pride of the lu game day forums.
Mate, you're totally welcome. We are truly lucky to have a class act like you visit our forum and share his thoughts with us.

I get the position you guys were in. Maybe he was just gutted that he couldn’t stay on one more year with you guys and maybe right now he regrets not going to that farewell. I see what you mean but we all have feelings and no one is perfect.

It is our gain though and he’s got a good relationship with Bennett, Demetriou and Hornby. Benji has a point to prove as well. He adds great depth and experience to us when required.

I think Benji for all he’s done for our great game deserves to go out how he wants too....

Once again though I completely understand where you’re coming from.

Thanks for your post, the report was about him and Wayne mainly, our side wasn’t really mentioned, so I thought I’d respectfully share some of our side.

There’s more I held back....because it’s day of celebration here.

I acknowledge that he took the game to new heights in attack and his skills were unsurpassed and set new standards.

I sometimes wonder if his feet were 3 seconds faster than his brain and players don’t usually pass the ball to themselves.

And overall, I think he can be used judiciously and wisely. He came cheaper than I thought too.

Of the fresh signings, Jai is a massive boost and I have a lot of faith in Mansour. I probably have more faith in Josh than Josh does! He’s in good form to, coming into a purple patch!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks for your post, the report was about him and Wayne mainly, our side wasn’t really mentioned, so I thought I’d respectfully share some of our side.

There’s more I held back....because it’s day of celebration here.

I acknowledge that he took the game to new heights in attack and his skills were unsurpassed and set new standards.

I sometimes wonder if his feet were 3 seconds faster than his brain and players don’t usually pass the ball to themselves.

And overall, I think he can be used judiciously and wisely. He came cheaper than I thought too.

Of the fresh signings, Jai is a massive boost and I have a lot of faith in Mansour. I probably have more faith in Josh than Josh does! He’s in good form to, coming into a purple patch!
Hopefully you guys sort out the Momo swap for Laurie ASAP.

Blore should kick on this year as well and I’d like to obviously see the Jet go well.

Big year for Brooks, there can be no excuses this year.

Mate, you're totally welcome. We are truly lucky to have a class act like you visit our forum and share his thoughts with us.

Thanks for your ongoing support Jim.

As you know, I got into trouble at tigers lu for being too pro-club and firing off at the grinches who want to paint a poor and depressing picture of the club 24/7. Asked not to contribute.

Our club is trying its guts out and I prefer we appreciate and recognise the effort, not run it into the ground, especially from positions of speculation and ignorance. I’d had enough.

I don’t think you guys would put up with it. The odd observation or negative assessment, understandable and appreciated, but when it’s 24/7 and you get attacked for supporting the club. Hello?!

Anyway, there’s a few of us refugees roaming around.

Having said that, there’s good tigers people on there.

You guys have been very welcoming. Sgi and panther forums are good too.

Its good to be upbeat and positive about the club, you have a big season in front of you. You’re a genuine contender for sure. Enjoy the vibe!

Last edited:
Hopefully you guys sort out the Momo swap for Laurie ASAP.

Blore should kick on this year as well and I’d like to obviously see the Jet go well.

Big year for Brooks, there can be no excuses this year.

Souths did the right thing by James Roberts.

The rehab and counselling treatments you organised for him have really turned him around. He’s a leader at our club.

There was a discussion with him about it after he signed on and James and the West Tigers agreed he should continue on with the South Sydney appointed rehab etc experts.

So that’s a tie that will bind us and hopefully for the good forever in his life. Helping his family etc along the way. More important than footy.

Also to release him and enable him to play elsewhere when it looked like he wouldn’t get a crack in your backline. It seems the panthers won’t give that similar opportunity to Laurie which is a shame and probably represents the post smug retention panic that is upon them. They face enormous challenges.

Roberts is on Benji money as well!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
A comment off another forum,

Taaffe is going nowhere you don’t have to worry about him at all. There is a plan in place for him long term and he is aware of this as well. He has allot of good years ahead of him but this is the window of opportunity to win a premiership for this era.

Benji deal has been sent to NRL for salary cap approval. Looks done.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
A comment off another forum,

Taaffe is going nowhere you don’t have to worry about him at all. There is a plan in place for him long term and he is aware of this as well. He has allot of good years ahead of him but this is the window of opportunity to win a premiership for this era.

Benji deal has been sent to NRL for salary cap approval. Looks done.
If accurate that's good news

Benj looks pretty chuffed with it all.

It will be interesting to see how and when he’s used.

He wants to go into coaching so working with Wayne again can only help.

Wayne will move at the end of the campaign this year.

If I was Cronulla or Manly I’d be picking up the phone now. A quiet word to express interest.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Thomas Burgess caps off the nominees in the front row for the Menulog Team of the Decade!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...front-row-for-the-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

I ended up voting for George.

Historic ARLC shake-up brings top operators into contention: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/29/historic-arlc-shake-up-brings-top-operators-into-contention/

Paul Green, Billy Slater vying for 2021 Maroons coaching job: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/state-...hing-job/8234fda2-c119-4b84-a010-b9dc632aca6a

NRL won't commit to mandatory stand down down period for concussions: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-wa...and-down/757e00ef-6c33-4735-8076-9de8577336a3

Latest posts