What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I read today that the club has confirmed they’re only offering Pearce a 1 year deal. Based on that I’d say it’s very unlikely that he’ll be at the club in 2022. Surely there’s club out there that will offer him 2-3 years and if I were him I’d be taking that.

General Knight

Juniors
I read today that the club has confirmed they’re only offering Pearce a 1 year deal. Based on that I’d say it’s very unlikely that he’ll be at the club in 2022. Surely there’s club out there that will offer him 2-3 years and if I were him I’d be taking that.

Any ideas on the offer dollar wise?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I find it strange they would offer him 1 year. Why not just move on after this contract ends this year?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I find it strange they would offer him 1 year. Why not just move on after this contract ends this year?

I assume they’re hoping that’s he’ll pull his finger out and play near his best if it’s a shorter deal. Also there aren’t that many good halves on the market for 2022 so maybe they’re looking at who they might be able to get for 2023.

Yosh

Coach
Great news. If he stays for 2022, he can take bit of pressure and workload off our new arrival and if he doesn't take it, his heart wasn't in it in thr first place.

Hopefully he plays his arse off to try prove something.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I’d be happy with Clifford and Crosslan in 2022 I don’t think Clifford was bought to play 6 here. Hodgson can also play in the halves from what I have read. If he has his uncle’s talent I’ll be all for that.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I’d be happy with Clifford and Crosslan in 2022 I don’t think Clifford was bought to play 6 here. Hodgson can also play in the halves from what I have read. If he has his uncle’s talent I’ll be all for that.
Contracts and circumstances aside, given O’Briens tendencies (as a spectator only), it may be in 22, Clifford 7 and Hoy 6, with Green as halves coach.

I can get onboard with Green in the mix.

Yosh

Coach
I'm really happy to have Dom Young and Hodgson on the team.

Looking at it realistically, we aren't a prime destination for talented youngsters inside Australia. So we either have to pay overs (Ponga) or give our own youngsters a go, even if they aren't as good (too many to name) but taking a bit of a punt and gamble on two talented UK youngsters who have a ton of motivation to prove themselves over here, is a great piece of business.

With the likes of Ponga, Best, Young, Brailey, Hodgson, Clifford, Toa, we potentially have a class of talent that could rival our golden years that were the late 90s. I know it's a stretch and there is a ton more chance they won't fulfill their potential but the vibe from our youth development is as good as I've seen it in two decades. Great work by the club.

Yosh

Coach
Random question:

Is Jack Johns good enough to break into the first team and perhaps make himself a useful squad player for the seasons to come? I think I heard people saying that Cooper is a good prospect. Are we looking at Cooper as well? Cheers!

Burwood

Bench
I do like the idea of having a smaller ball playing lock l, which seems to be the way successful teams are going at the moment. Watson can fill that position, but not sure if he has the skill set to pull it off. Would be good if Johns can grow into the role.

Jono078

Referee
The general impression I get is no one rates Johns. I've only seen
I do like the idea of having a smaller ball playing lock l, which seems to be the way successful teams are going at the moment. Watson can fill that position, but not sure if he has the skill set to pull it off. Would be good if Johns can grow into the role.
On the flip side, I don't think many locks would have Watson's enthusiasm, footwork and ability to break the line with acceleration.

Not concerned about it working in attack, just how he copes in defense.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So apparently Souths are only looking to offer Adam Reynolds a 1 year deal and he’s not keen on that. Surely this would be a great opportunity to get our hands on a genuine organising half back that we’ve lacked for so long.

He doesn’t run the ball that frequently to be fair but we’ve got plenty of ball runners in the team already and his kicking game + his ability to get repeat sets is right up there and he’s one of the best goal kickers in the game (also something that we desperately need) and I wouldn’t think he’d command top dollar either.

The tricky bit will be getting him to leave Sydney given there would presumably be a few Sydney clubs going after him so we may have to offer a little more but hopefully there would also be the lure of us being a club on the up as well.

Anyway this is just me speculating but surely the club would be thinking about it.

Knight76

Juniors
Surely Reynolds would be on similar money to Pearce?

Crazy not to at least express an interest and see if he buys in.

Latest posts