What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
I watched the entire presser, he stumbled a few times but the core message of what he said and his football philosophies were a really promising start imo

I couldnt care less about the philly media, i've seen the clips on the Colts socials about how he addresses his team. Darius Leonard, a defensive captain, for whom Sirianni would have little to do with, spoke to his defence when that clip was posted. I think thats more telling then some nerves in the presser

Just saw what it took the Rams to get out from Goff... kind of makes sense that the eagles just take their medicine on Wentz, see if they can fix him and move on 12 months time if they cant when its more reasonable to do so, rather than give up significant future assets to get out of it now

nick87

Coach
From what i can gather, this wont be a Goff situation where we are giving up assets to move on. Good chance the eagles might be able to reasonable assets in exchange for him

Which would probably be the right move. Giving up assets to get out of the deal was a heavy no, but if we're going to get something back? Yeah i think that works

Some scuttlebut that the Bears have put in a pretty serious offer...

I think he'll get moved now, dont think it will involve a first round pick but feeling now it will involve some day 2 selections. Hopefully the Colts get themselves involved and we can leverage it for the best deal. But if any of these teams are offering their first, the deal HAS to be made.

The eagles could then reasonably take the best pass catcher available at 6, and then be picking late to grab some defensive help

nick87

Coach
Well it’s all over bar the crying
Wentz will be traded, the only question is to who and for what

definitely feels like the eagles will get a first for him, which is great
Sounds like Roseman is trying to leverage one of the colts or bears to give up two firsts
Which would be absolutely absurd lol

Valheru

Coach
Yeah looks like a certainty now.

A shame because I think he has bounce back in him.

As long as we get fairly compensated then all good.

nick87

Coach
I think he will bounce back and there will always be some level of regret.

i think if he got dealt to Indy, it could be disastrous for the eagles
The regret would be substantially

Going to the bears? Not worried, I don’t think they’ve got the ability to fix him

Valheru

Coach
With these types of situations, the QB more often than not improves or gets 'fixed' quicker than the team he left even if that lasts only a short amount of time. We just have to accept that is the likely scenario. We will probably see that with Goff as well.

At the end of the day if he doesn't want to be at the Eagles then there is no point continuing with him and we just need to get what we can for him.

nick87

Coach
whenever you're ready howie... dumping the franchise QB in the middle of a news cycle of TB's coronation as the greatest sports person since Big Dick Nick would be a good move

Any minute now...

Haffa

Not the haul I wanted but I’m just glad the drama is over. I’ll miss the bloke. He wasn’t the QB we thought he was but he was a great character.

nick87

Coach
Not the haul I wanted but I’m just glad the drama is over. I’ll miss the bloke. He wasn’t the QB we thought he was but he was a great character.

Yeah the compensation was a bit disappointing
Seems like based on reporting Wentz really handcuffed the eagles because he made it known he didnt want anything to do with CHI, so it was a one team negotiation

I think that'll likely end up being a 2022 first, which will probably be 20-28th... so i guess that's ok
It is what it is. Glad its over

Valheru

Coach
Reading various articles and the commentary seems to be that we did quite well for someone who didn't want to be there, has a huge contract and only really wanted to go to the one location.

The interesting thing from here is the draft.

Trade up and go for a franchise QB?

stay where we are and take the best available WR?

Trade down and try to fix multiple positions?

Options 2 and 3 require us going after a veteran at the back up QB position. Who is available?

nick87

Coach
If i were running the team id strongly consider taking Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Davonta Smith at #6, but likely trade back and try to get an extra first next year for the team coming into #6 to get their QB (probably someone like the Panthers at 8, Broncos at 9, Niners at 12 or NE at 15 are potential suitors), and then extra day 2-3 picks to move back again into the 20's where i could target Rashod Batmen... and then fill the roster out with CB's, S, LB and Interior OL in days 2 and 3, understanding that 2021 with our cap situation and Jalen Hurts under centre likely isnt going to be a very good season, but the hard reset is done and the rebuild is underway so we can properly evaluate Hurts and if he sucks, this team is going to be in a position to draft the QB next year or the year after if next years class doesn't enthuse me... If Hurts is great, then we're just fast tracked a long that process and we can build around him

Howie and co? If they are consistent in how they've generally operated at the QB position, i find it hard to believe that when they grade out Fields, Wilson and Lance (forget Lawrence, not even considering that as he's a jaguar) that the grades wont come in on all 3, as being higher grades than they had on Hurts. So i think they're going to find it very difficult to pass on QB here at 6. They may even look to trade up into a spot to get their best one (which for me is Wilson now, but it's tight with him and Fields)

What would be objectively hilarious is if they trade Carson Wentz, and end up drafting Trey Lance, the QB out of... wait for FBS Powerhouse... North Dakota State
mw_laugh.gif

Which fwiw i wouldnt have an issue with. That would be fun content and fans and commentators would make all the jokes, as well we all should. But the Eagles absolutely should not consider the PR angle of taking Lance out of North Dakota State after just shipping Wentz who came out from NDS. If eagles wipe him from consideration because they dont want that narrative, then they're doing themselves a huge disservice.

nick87

Coach
I'm kind of really warming to the idea of going QB at #6
These Qb's are really good, if Justin Fields is there at 6... i dont know, maybe we should just take him and figure the rest out later. If some how Zac Wilson is there, thats a f**kING hard send for me.

The difficulty comes if Wilson and Fields are gone.. is the org game enough to go with the NDSU prospect Lance? I would. He's absurdly talented. But that might be a tough sell for the eagles who just sent the last NDSU QB off in a salary dump

nick87

Coach
Seeing a lot of mock drafts that have the eagles still being able to get someone like Davonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle or Kyle Pitts @ 12
That would be incredible