What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Roosters ask for $350k Salary Cap Relief

The_Frog

First Grade
We shouldn't forget he passed the HIA andwas controversially cleared to return from the knock that'll require 7 months out?
This is the trouble with all this. Either the HIA wasn't worth shit on this occasion (which means it isn't sufficiently reliable), or someone in the NSW camp f**ked up horribly. Expect the likes of Peter Fitzsimons to weigh in on this in the very near future, when he wakes up to it. His keyboard is probably tapping furiously at this moment.

I don't really see a way Cordner can continue to play this sport if a head knock that initially appeared innocuous means seven months recovery time. Furthermore it appears ludicrous to suggest that previous concussions are not a contributor to his condition. Time for some medical experts in the field not on the Politis payroll to weigh in on this.

Last edited:

Legends

Juniors
Extremely convenient, i get he is important to that team and being captain is another reason they would try, but its definitely not the same situation as Hodgson was for Canberra, that was a representative international game, and a one of occurrence that ypu can easily say yes you'd be eligible for compensation, Cordner had multiple HIA occurrences during the NRL season, a shortened season too, then played state of origin, when he probably shouldn't have, i feel he only played for this to happen. This is a stitch up

Wow! The haters just get more delusional.. Yes, I'm sure the only reason the Blues captain played origin was so that he could get knocked senseless, giving those sneaky Roosters the opportunity to claim salary cap relief.
Back to the real world, the Roosters would gladly forgo $350k salary cap in exchange for a fit Cordner.

Legends

Juniors
I love how anyone who dares to question the Roosters is labelled a hater... Never change Roosters fans, you sanctimonious f**ks

Rages against being labelled a hater, whilst simultaneously labelling Rooster fans as 'sanctimonious f**cks'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be interesting to know what the medical advice is and why they think a further 6 months off will help solve his obvious brain injury issues. If its legit advice and the rules allow for it then its not really an issue.

Billythekid

First Grade
I said this in the previous thread on Cordner but these are the sort of cases the NRL need to think long and hard about. If someone has a brain injury serious enough to require 7 months out of the game should they be allowed to play knowing the significant risk of future injuries.

The NRL is going down a dangerous path in terms of litigation and the flow on effects (eg parents not letting their kids play any more).

84 Baby

Referee
I don't really see a way Cordner can continue to play this sport if a head knock that initially appeared innocuous means seven months recovery time.
This. Forget the cap shenanigans, this guy needs to retire or be retired. Do the Rorters have someone on staff to help with his shoelaces now he’s a vegetable? Assuming the Latte Sippers don’t wear boat shoe style boots