What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummy half options

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Anyone seen Hayden Lomax play? Would it be better to alternate he and BB than buy McCullough? Do we make Hunt a permanent 9? Or do we try to snag one or two fast smaller hookers that cant play 80 and alternate them to provide constant threat from 9? Are there any serious left field options? Like for example starting with BB and having a utility like Sullivan or Dufty on the bench that could come on late in the game and play some minutes to maybe spark the attack and learn the position a bit?
What are peoples thoughts on the future, 2021 and should we try to offload McInnes for 2021? I personally don't think we are a chance of a GF this year so have no interest in watching Cam go around for us this season. It might seem petty but I would prefer if we arranged a player swap with the Sharks to strengthen one of our other positions a touch or even get Brailey on longer term deal.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
McInnes can go now, BB gets first go at it I actually thought his ball service was better than McInnes but he didn’t do as much tackling. If he gets injured then Hunt goes there and Clune is halfback.
I agree, I really liked BB's service. He was a bit unlucky with a concussion etc when he got a run in FG. I do think we would need another utility on the bench to cover him. I don't see any point playing McInnes unless we are a shot of a GF which we are not. This is a huge morale killer, I feel we are in a rebuilding phase and we get no future benefit from playing a bloke who is leaving in a year to our arch nemesis. Even if we cant get a swap our best bet for Cam would be playing him in Reserves to help the young guys along. BB Could at least fill the position for 2-3 years while our young guns get FG ready and try to go in for a big fish.

Brittain/Lomax

when that fails as I anticipate it will for a variety of reasons,Hunt to 9 with Brittain as backup.

If Hunt is unwilling/unable to accept the 9 Jersey when called upon, Benny should transfer to a northern hemisphere club with our blessing.

Will not be surprised to see more high profile players leave by mid season.

We needed cleansing. Now is the time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Brittain/Lomax

when that fails as I anticipate it will for a variety of reasons,Hunt to 9 with Brittain as backup.

If Hunt is unwilling/unable to accept the 9 Jersey when called upon, Benny should transfer to a northern hemisphere club with our blessing.

Has anyone actually seen Lomax play? I actually heard he was signed before Zac. Who knows he could be handy hooker, lock off the bench.

BLM01

First Grade
Anyone seen Hayden Lomax play? Would it be better to alternate he and BB than buy McCullough? Do we make Hunt a permanent 9? Or do we try to snag one or two fast smaller hookers that cant play 80 and alternate them to provide constant threat from 9? Are there any serious left field options? Like for example starting with BB and having a utility like Sullivan or Dufty on the bench that could come on late in the game and play some minutes to maybe spark the attack and learn the position a bit?
What are peoples thoughts on the future, 2021 and should we try to offload McInnes for 2021? I personally don't think we are a chance of a GF this year so have no interest in watching Cam go around for us this season. It might seem petty but I would prefer if we arranged a player swap with the Sharks to strengthen one of our other positions a touch or even get Brailey on longer term deal.
Point 1. Yes & No
Point 2. No
Point 3. No
Point 4. Maybe..but they need to defend
Point 5. Definitely not those 2 you mention coming off the bench in a 9 position
Point 6. I believe the future is brighter than it has been for 10 years (assuming Bennett would stay and win us another comp)
Point 7. No we keep him and utilise him where it suits our team best. plenty players play well for their current club even if they have already signed a contract..contrary to a lot of people saying get rid of him now.
Point 8. Obviously and we never were a chance for the GF..not yet
Point 9. Why if he does well and wins and helps in winning games for us. Dont make it personal and it is petty
Point 10. Good idea and may happen
Point 11 They wont let Brailey go.;) .he is their future No 9

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Brittain to start & use Norman off the bench as dummy half. This way we get to use Sullivan in the halves.
I wonder how Clune would go at hooker? He would surely have to improve his defence but he's low to the ground pretty zippy and is a smart footballer. Surely he could give us 20 minutes, that way Norman could steer the CC side around.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Point 1. Yes & No
Point 2. No
Point 3. No
Point 4. Maybe..but they need to defend
Point 5. Definitely not those 2 you mention coming off the bench in a 9 position
Point 6. I believe the future is brighter than it has been for 10 years (assuming Bennett would stay and win us another comp)
Point 7. No we keep him and utilise him where it suits our team best. plenty players play well for their current club even if they have already signed a contract..contrary to a lot of people saying get rid of him now.
Point 8. Obviously and we never were a chance for the GF..not yet
Point 9. Why if he does well and wins and helps in winning games for us. Dont make it personal and it is petty
Point 10. Good idea and may happen
Point 11 They wont let Brailey go.;) .he is their future No 9
Point 9. I would prefer to build some combos over a two year period at least, especially in the hooker position. I doubt we will win many this season so it will be about watching the team develop hopefully getting a few reinforcements through the year. Sharks have a young Hooker Kyle Patterson who will now be a third string hooker. I would rather get him for CC for example and promote BB to FG or bring a Magoulias over and see if we can get something out of him. McInnes is a great player but I feel as our captain leaving in such a manner it is a very demotivating influence, especially if talk of a rift with Hook is true. I would prefer we just go our seperate ways. The real question is, do we sign a plodder, do we use what we have (I cant see an 80 minute hooker in the mix) or is there a rough diamond out there waiting to be signed.

This Year?

Immortal
Brittain/Lomax

Amen, and take allegory YKTR with him!

Maxwell

Juniors
I agree, I really liked BB's service. He was a bit unlucky with a concussion etc when he got a run in FG. I do think we would need another utility on the bench to cover him. I don't see any point playing McInnes unless we are a shot of a GF which we are not. This is a huge morale killer, I feel we are in a rebuilding phase and we get no future benefit from playing a bloke who is leaving in a year to our arch nemesis. Even if we cant get a swap our best bet for Cam would be playing him in Reserves to help the young guys along. BB Could at least fill the position for 2-3 years while our young guns get FG ready and try to go in for a big fish.
Watched BB play at south’s Reggie’s and he was always a handful, and creative. But Idid read today that MCInnes might request to go now but sharpies are salary Capp strapped for this year and only scenario would be a player swap. So we will have to wait and see

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Watched BB play at south’s Reggie’s and he was always a handful, and creative. But Idid read today that MCInnes might request to go now but sharpies are salary Capp strapped for this year and only scenario would be a player swap. So we will have to wait and see
Yeah I am sure he will get a run regardless of what happens at some stage. I just wonder who if anyone Cronulla would swap for Cam? It would need to be a 500K player and with Brailey at hooker and Rudolph at 13 I really don't see how they even need McInnes. I would take either...

kit66

Bench
If BB is our Hooker this year we'll be bottom 4 for sure, possibly bottom 2.
In fact anyone but McInnes and we're fkd I reckon, unless we can get B.Smith up here.