What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

BadnMean

Juniors
He only posted it once. It had been copied and pasted from some church site. The mainstream media then posted it dozens of times and brought attention to it. Maybe you should take this up with them.

Oh not Izzy's fault. Media's fault. Got it.

Democracy is working just fine. If most people think Issy is a twat & companies want to get on side with that, that's freedom of choice & market forces right there.

No one said Issy can't post that- he just can't repeatedly post inflammatory things (and it is repeatedly) and expect to keep his public profile job with his publicly equal opportunity game which is trying to appeal to the broadest base possible & maybe send a little bit less of the "burn in hell message" outside of bible study?

Issy didn't break any laws so I'm not sure why you're dragging that up. But by the same token free speech isn't enshrined in the Australian constitution, nor do we have a bill of rights. We are signatory to UN conventions on it- but notably they also provide scope for limitation around advocacy of hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination.

Chimp

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised if PVL has had a quiet word with someone at St George to advise against attempting this signing. Whilst they may not have been legally able to do anything to block it (which is up for debate), I doubt St George would want to get on the wrong side of PVL, particularly when talk of expansion is so current.
That’s the play I’d have made if I were the NRL, make sure the club know (informally and non-traceable) that going for this signing would not be a good look and would put the club on the outer.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez some clubs are dumb as dogsht.
Oh well justice is served and the bigoted delusional fool isnt coming back, move on. Vlandys may have just gone up a notch in my opinion lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
All this thread proves to me is that there are still people out there who are bigot sympathisers, and that is just really f**king sad.

far too many still but times are a changing, and thank f**k for that! My 18 year old godson and all his mates have a transgender best mate and look at me like a dinosaur when I talk about how discriminated gay people have been until the last decade.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If an employer sacked someone for being atheist, that would be every bit as discriminatory as sacking someone because they are gay.

The other two, depends on if they effect your work or not.

The point is, based on his criteria, the bloke believes 95% of people are going to hell. Who cares?

reality is you dont get sacked for being an atheist anymore, you dont get beaten up or spat on or sworn on for being an atheist. Sadly you may still do if your gay.
Legitimising discrimination, persecution and hate against gay people by calling transgender people evil and saying gay people are going to hell like Folau did fuels the arseholes of the world to legitimise that sort of behaviour.

NSW Manly

Juniors
reality is you dont get sacked for being an atheist anymore, you dont get beaten up or spat on or sworn on for being an atheist. Sadly you may still do if your gay.
Legitimising discrimination, persecution and hate against gay people by calling transgender people evil and saying gay people are going to hell like Folau did fuels the arseholes of the world to legitimise that sort of behaviour.
where did he say trans ppl are evil? Izzy, what i read, was on about Tasmania allowing parents to in effect say that their child is female when they've been born with male genetalia. and promiscuous ppl are playing with God. They might go to hell because of it, and having a boy as a close friend when you're married, if you know that about Greek history, there was a culture where wealthy married guys were allowed to woo teenage boys, and they would do this also through the father of the young lad. I think Paul was on about that, as Basil Fawlty once said, "He's Greek! They're ones who started it". And just to say, THERE IS NOTING WRONG WITH BEING BORN GAY, SOME PEOPLE ARE BORN GAY, IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

NSW Manly

Juniors
in response to bringing equity to laws that recognise trans gender people’s rights
:
View attachment 45676
It's the way Izzy has questioned this, or pushed back against this; IMO the media is doing more of satan's work than God's work, i'm sure Izzy feels the same, the only problem is the WAY Izzy has asked, if he had questioned this in the style of an Oxbridge graduate there wouldn't be as much of an issue, but Izzy is a RL guy from QLD, of course he's almost certainly gonna have a different style in saying things than a top Uni grad.

On another topic, transparency, do I want more transparency from sports organisations? Yes. It's about being open and honest; but there's very little of it about.

Latest posts