What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia in South Africa (postponed) and in NZ SQUADs 2021

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So News Crap with plenty of click bait on social media "did Australia just cost itself a spot in the Test Championship by pulling out of the RSA tour ?"

I never clicked on any of it as I thought we cost ourselves a shot at that when we lost the series to India

JJ

Immortal
I never clicked on any of it as I thought we cost ourselves a shot at that when we lost the series to India
Exactamondo... Depleted India beat you at home, you were in pole position and god know what happened. Complacency part of it??

The_Frog

First Grade
Why wasn't this series in Australia anyway? They haven't been here since 2016 while we went there in 2018.

undertaker

Coach
So, if the South African test series is called off, does it mean that the Australian T20 squad to New Zealand will be changed to allow those players in the South African tour squad to partake in the New Zealand tour (i.e. players like Steve Smith, who would've been selected for the New Zealand tour had there been no tour to South Africa in the first place)?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So, if the South African test series is called off, does it mean that the Australian T20 squad to New Zealand will be changed to allow those players in the South African tour squad to partake in the New Zealand tour (i.e. players like Steve Smith, who would've been selected for the New Zealand tour had there been no tour to South Africa in the first place)?

I think they should stick with the selected team, they earned their spot in the team and it was picked on form, unlike our test team.

ABC news have just reported that the T20 team selected will not change.

jim_57

Staff member
Shame we can't host another test or 2 here instead, even if it's something like Zimbabwe/Ireland/Afghanistan in Darwin/Hobart/Cairns. Sri Lanka or Pakistan free?

In conclusion T20 is shit.

Latest posts